The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on myself

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on myself

Participant

Had my pet scan last wed. I got my results this week… Four of my tumors are completely gone. No sign that they were ever there.. Prayers are working, Thanks for all of them.. The black monster under my arm grew about 3 more cm. But thats ok.. I got back to Vandy next week on the 18th to do another round of IL2. Pray that i can take at least 10 to 12 bags. It did shrink it over half its size last time but me and the doc got way to confident and set the IL2 appt to far apart and it allowed mel to grow back and increase in size.

Had my pet scan last wed. I got my results this week… Four of my tumors are completely gone. No sign that they were ever there.. Prayers are working, Thanks for all of them.. The black monster under my arm grew about 3 more cm. But thats ok.. I got back to Vandy next week on the 18th to do another round of IL2. Pray that i can take at least 10 to 12 bags. It did shrink it over half its size last time but me and the doc got way to confident and set the IL2 appt to far apart and it allowed mel to grow back and increase in size. I will get 7 days to recoup after the first round and go back on June 1 to do another round. The treatments are horrible, those of you that have taken it know. I need as much of this med in my body as i can handle and i know i cant do it without prayers. But when it shrinks it this time my surgeon is gonna take it out and hit me with another round of IL2 and make me NED.. I will become one of the miracles.. In Dec i was told i had 9 months to live, 5 of those r gone now and i know im gonna beat the death sentence i was given, well mel ain't gonna get me anyway,, something else could happen but it wont be mel..I believe with all my heart that the prayers i have received have helped me get this far in my melanoma walk. I read so many post on here and feel ashamed to report anything good when so many here are suffering. I've learned how to pray and to believe from you all. I have learned too be strong and brave. I have learned to love people i don't even know. I thank you all from the depths of my soul. I will be sending up prayers for you all everyday. You all are special to me even if i don't post it all the time. I just get to emotional and cant, but you are always in my thoughts and in my prayers..May God Bless You All With His Grace..

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jim M.
        Participant

Praise God those tumors are gone! I will send prayers that you get through IL2 and become NED. Please don't be ashamed at all. Stories like yours help the rest of us to persevere and heal.  We need to hear inspirational testimonies like yours. Keep it up and keep posting!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
          Participant

Praise God those tumors are gone! I will send prayers that you get through IL2 and become NED. Please don't be ashamed at all. Stories like yours help the rest of us to persevere and heal.  We need to hear inspirational testimonies like yours. Keep it up and keep posting!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!! You're just bouncing all over the place here in your enthusiasm! Or should I say in your immense relief and gratitude!  Now I'm waiting for you to share your miracle on Melanoma Prayer Center's wall!  You have no idea how many people can use your kind of encouragement!

Love ya!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!! You're just bouncing all over the place here in your enthusiasm! Or should I say in your immense relief and gratitude!  Now I'm waiting for you to share your miracle on Melanoma Prayer Center's wall!  You have no idea how many people can use your kind of encouragement!

Love ya!

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                Participant

Carol,

What wonderful news to share!!!!  Can't wait to read that NED post after the next round and surgery.  Don't ever feel bad about posting such great news. It's an inspiration to all!

Sending prayers and hugs, now that you know it's working for you, you can and will get through this!

Linda

Stage IV

lhaley
                  Participant

Carol,

What wonderful news to share!!!!  Can't wait to read that NED post after the next round and surgery.  Don't ever feel bad about posting such great news. It's an inspiration to all!

Sending prayers and hugs, now that you know it's working for you, you can and will get through this!

Linda

Stage IV

King
                    Participant

Carol,

Thanks for the update.  Prayers are on the way and will continue.  And please don't feel badly about posting good news.  We all need to hear it or none of us would ever come here.  One day at a time.  I've never done IL-2 but know many who have.  It is very challenging to say the least.  Keep your eye on the prize.

Stay Strong
                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Carol,

Thanks for the update.  Prayers are on the way and will continue.  And please don't feel badly about posting good news.  We all need to hear it or none of us would ever come here.  One day at a time.  I've never done IL-2 but know many who have.  It is very challenging to say the least.  Keep your eye on the prize.

Stay Strong
                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

MMarieMetcalfe
                        Participant

That is good news…sending prayers…Michelle

MMarieMetcalfe
                          Participant

That is good news…sending prayers…Michelle

kjshaner444
                            Participant
                              I am new to the world of melanoma and this forum. Reading your posts, however, has helped me so much. Thank you. I hope you feel better soon. Karen
                              kjshaner444
                              Participant
                                I am new to the world of melanoma and this forum. Reading your posts, however, has helped me so much. Thank you. I hope you feel better soon. Karen
                                FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

Congratulations on your great results! Your immune system is responding well to IL2!

Please don't feel ashamed to report anything good. We all need good news!

We also need more people like you to give us hope so that all people fighting melanoma will be
                                  encouraged to believe that things might not be as bad as they seem. Times might get tough, but
                                  quiet often the situation improves and sometimes small miracles do happen.

Thanks for your inspirational words. You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

Vermont_Donna
                                    Participant

Great news Carol! You go girl!

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                      Participant

Great news Carol! You go girl!

Vermont_Donna

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Congratulations on your great results! Your immune system is responding well to IL2!

Please don't feel ashamed to report anything good. We all need good news!

We also need more people like you to give us hope so that all people fighting melanoma will be
                                        encouraged to believe that things might not be as bad as they seem. Times might get tough, but
                                        quiet often the situation improves and sometimes small miracles do happen.

Thanks for your inspirational words. You are in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

Your enthusiasm and spirit is guided by God;  I will continue to pray for you surrounding you with peace, love and joy, all of which you have grasped so eloquently.

love and prayers,

Shelly

Your enthusiasm and spirit is guided by God;  I will continue to pray for you surrounding you with peace, love and joy, all of which you have grasped so eloquently.

love and prayers,

Shelly

triciad
                                        Participant

Carol,

I'm so happy for you…I have goosebumps!  I knew you had it in you to fight all the way.  Congratulations and success with many more years of good health!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

Carol,

I'm so happy for you…I have goosebumps!  I knew you had it in you to fight all the way.  Congratulations and success with many more years of good health!!!!

Tricia

Rendergirl
                                            Participant

You're in my prayers, fellow warrior. Stay positive and know you are surrounded with love.

Rendergirl
                                              Participant

You're in my prayers, fellow warrior. Stay positive and know you are surrounded with love.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics