The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on me, sorry its long and confusing

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on me, sorry its long and confusing

Participant
      I’m starting cycle 2 of clinical trial,
      I can’t seem to paste the trial. It is under the U of Iowa clinical trial cancer page.
      Title 07-08-01-50; Phase I/II Study Epigenetic Modification of Chemosensitivity and Apoptosis in Metastatic Melanoma: Treatment of a Resistant Disease Using Decitabine, Temozolomide and Panobinostat

I start getting 2 shots of Decitabine week one and week two M,W, F. I got to the Clinical cancer center for the shots.
      Week 2 I also takeTemodar day 2 thru day 5 in the evening at home.
      And I also take Panobinostat at home every 4th for 8 days(i think)
      I am on week 2 of cycle 2 now.

I am doing good except for am still dealing with some edema from the brain tumor. I’m being weaned from steroids. I have a follow up MRI on Feb. 7. We’re all hoping that the tumor has shrunk( from radiation) and there are no new tumors and the edema has resolved. I’m worried about being on the steroida for so long and am hoping the MRI is an improvement from last one.
      The steroids are hard since I don’t sleep well so I’m hoping theres good news next week.

My right side still continues to improve from the stroke. I keep getting more feeling on that side and it makes me feel that I can keep improving. I use a cane now and walk as much as and still practice all mt OT and PT.

I’m really trying to be positive about the trial. I feel that it could do some good things.

I guess thats it for now. Thanks for reading and caring.

Kellie( from Iowa)

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Kellie,

You are a world  class fighter!  Sounds like a rough treatment but you've been through it all so you can weather this too.  Try to keep up your PT when you feel up to it.  You'll beat this!

Mary

Stage3

Erinmay22
            Participant

Kellie –

Thanks so much for the update and so amazed at your fight!  So amazed by your journey!  Thanks for sharing your info…

Erin

Erinmay22
              Participant

Kellie –

Thanks so much for the update and so amazed at your fight!  So amazed by your journey!  Thanks for sharing your info…

Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant

Kellie –

Erin

washoegal
                Participant

Kellie,

You are a world  class fighter!  Sounds like a rough treatment but you've been through it all so you can weather this too.  Try to keep up your PT when you feel up to it.  You'll beat this!

Mary

Stage3

washoegal
                  Participant

Kellie,

Mary

Stage3

triciad
                    Participant

Kellie,

Thank you for keeping us posted on your recovery and treatment.  You are an incredible person, and you've been through so much.  Sending prayers your way that this clinical trial kicks melanoma to the curb!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Kellie,

Thank you for keeping us posted on your recovery and treatment.  You are an incredible person, and you've been through so much.  Sending prayers your way that this clinical trial kicks melanoma to the curb!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Kellie,

Tricia

FormerCaregiver
                          Participant

Kellie, thanks for the update. Wishing you good luck with this trial. It sounds interesting and promising.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

Kellie, thanks for the update. Wishing you good luck with this trial. It sounds interesting and promising.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics