The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Lynn

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Lynn

Participant
      Been a while since I posted. I do check on the board each day. Lynn finished the aberaxene wasnt much help. Talked about a clinical trial in Charlotte if brain was stable but the did a mri of brain. The 32 spots they treated are desd are dying only empty cavitys but of course there was 7 new ones and they offered gamma knife ahain they say it works so good for Lynn just dont know if hes up to the sixth one or not. They are talking about temador not to sure about that either. I dont think we have many options left.

Been a while since I posted. I do check on the board each day. Lynn finished the aberaxene wasnt much help. Talked about a clinical trial in Charlotte if brain was stable but the did a mri of brain. The 32 spots they treated are desd are dying only empty cavitys but of course there was 7 new ones and they offered gamma knife ahain they say it works so good for Lynn just dont know if hes up to the sixth one or not. They are talking about temador not to sure about that either. I dont think we have many options left. Lynn been really sick this week guess he picked up a virus at hospital Monday and on top of it the place they cut off on back got
      infected. Its devasting the Drs havent give us much hope and Lynn wants to fight so bad

I have missed talking to my family on her and I have been wonder about gabsound.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

As you know, weekends are slow.  I want you to know that everyone who reads your post is probably saying a silent prayer for the two of you.   I know I am.   May you find a path to healing.  fen

Fen
          Participant

As you know, weekends are slow.  I want you to know that everyone who reads your post is probably saying a silent prayer for the two of you.   I know I am.   May you find a path to healing.  fen

Fen
            Participant

NYKaren
                Participant
                  I’m so sorry you’re both going through this. For what it’s worth, I was given Temodar and didn’t have many side effects. Maybe when Lynn heals up a bit he’ll he’ll feel up to taking care if the last brain met.
                  Thinking of you,
                  Karen
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    I’m so sorry you’re both going through this. For what it’s worth, I was given Temodar and didn’t have many side effects. Maybe when Lynn heals up a bit he’ll he’ll feel up to taking care if the last brain met.
                    Thinking of you,
                    Karen
                    NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Thinking of you,
                      Karen
                    triciad
                    Participant

I am truly sorry that you are having such a difficult time.  You are such a wonderful advocate for your husband…he is truly blesses to have you by his side.  I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sending prayers your way.  I hope the doctors can get this under control and a better treatment comes along. 

Keep the faith,

Tricia.

triciad
                      Participant

I am truly sorry that you are having such a difficult time.  You are such a wonderful advocate for your husband…he is truly blesses to have you by his side.  I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sending prayers your way.  I hope the doctors can get this under control and a better treatment comes along. 

Keep the faith,

Tricia.

triciad
                        Participant

Keep the faith,

Tricia.

awillett1991
                          Participant
                            When I see posts from people, I often assume the worst so thank you for taking the time to write Belva. I’m so sorry he continues to suffer and struggle with his. Sending prayers your way for peace during this difficult time.

Amy

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              When I see posts from people, I often assume the worst so thank you for taking the time to write Belva. I’m so sorry he continues to suffer and struggle with his. Sending prayers your way for peace during this difficult time.

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

Amy

gabsound
                                Participant
                                  Belva,

I’m sorry you and Lynn are going thru such a rough time. You hate to lose hope, but Lynn will have to decide if he’s up for more treatment. Hopefully he will stabilize and start to feel better.

I just completed my 4 rounds of chemo with Avastin, Abraxane and Carboplatin. Scans were done this week. Got mixed response in the body- probably more things got worse than got better. Unfortunately now have brain mets to deal with as well. Rotten day!

Julie

gabsound
                                  Participant
                                    Belva,

I’m sorry you and Lynn are going thru such a rough time. You hate to lose hope, but Lynn will have to decide if he’s up for more treatment. Hopefully he will stabilize and start to feel better.

I just completed my 4 rounds of chemo with Avastin, Abraxane and Carboplatin. Scans were done this week. Got mixed response in the body- probably more things got worse than got better. Unfortunately now have brain mets to deal with as well. Rotten day!

Julie

POW
                                      Participant

Oh, Julie! Darn it! Can't you ever catch a break??!! Can your brain mets be treated with SRS? I sure hope so. 

Hang in there, honey. You have done so incredibly well for such a long time. You are a real inspiration for us. My thoughts and my prayers are with you.

POW
                                        Participant

Oh, Julie! Darn it! Can't you ever catch a break??!! Can your brain mets be treated with SRS? I sure hope so. 

Hang in there, honey. You have done so incredibly well for such a long time. You are a real inspiration for us. My thoughts and my prayers are with you.

gabsound
                                          Participant
                                            I have myself a good cry, and now we will just keep moving forward. My husband and I will meet with the radiation Oncologist and see. What he has to say. I don’t know if they will offer whole brain or whole brains with SRS. I have lots of small lesions in the cerebellar and cerebral hemispheres as well as a 19. Mm lesion in the left occipital region. I need to re read the report to be sure. They upped my chemo dose since it is helping some of the lesions. Hopefully that won’t knock me down too much. Other than being bald, and being somewhat tired, I’ve tolerated the chemo pretty well. I’m also getting the Neulasta shots to increase my WBC count.

ThNks for your eply,

Julie

gabsound
                                            Participant
                                              I have myself a good cry, and now we will just keep moving forward. My husband and I will meet with the radiation Oncologist and see. What he has to say. I don’t know if they will offer whole brain or whole brains with SRS. I have lots of small lesions in the cerebellar and cerebral hemispheres as well as a 19. Mm lesion in the left occipital region. I need to re read the report to be sure. They upped my chemo dose since it is helping some of the lesions. Hopefully that won’t knock me down too much. Other than being bald, and being somewhat tired, I’ve tolerated the chemo pretty well. I’m also getting the Neulasta shots to increase my WBC count.

ThNks for your eply,

Julie

gabsound
                                              Participant

ThNks for your eply,

Julie

POW
                                                Participant

gabsound
                                                Participant
                                                  Belva,

Julie

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics