The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on last scans results

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on last scans results

Participant
      Hi all, Happy Christmas to each everyone of you.
      Just update last scan clear, will still continue keydruda till June 2020 if respond too it. I have have 4 clear scans now feel fine, apart from aches on joints with arthritis. Plus going through meanapause so more night sweats , aches .
      We have had a bad year in family my brother in law
      Died at 54 years old sudden, my brother just had his kidney removed for cancer, he 60 on christmas eve.
      So not been on board much, but you all still on my thoughts and how you all are doing.
      Will be back more in New Year.
      Best wishes all
      SCOOBY❤
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MelMel
        Participant
          Lynda, it is still an excellent year since you have 4 clear scans! Congratulations!!!
          2019 was definitely a mixed bag for us too. My nephew passed in a car accident and my brother in law from pancreatic cancer. On the bright side, my tumors reduced in size and my oldest daughter got married.
          I am hoping that 2020 is less tumultuous for us all.
          Happy Holidays.
          Melanie
            Scooby123
            Participant
              Hi Melanie yes it is good news thanks, so sorry for your loss too. Think sometimes everything comes at once and when you are dealing with this awful disease yourself just gets too you . So thankful for my clear scans and will enjoy them hoping for ever.
              Will keep praying for you to get to NED and everyone else. Xx
              Scooby
            Bubbles
            Participant
              So happy for your clear scans, Lynda!! And so sorry for your pain and losses. Here’s to hoping 2020 will be easier. Take care! Celeste
                Scooby123
                Participant
                  Hi Celeste, thank you me lovely. Hope you are doing well too. Had a lovely christmas back to hospital tomorrow bloods and check up. Back in Thursday for treatment.
                  Take care
                  Lynda xx
                  Mark_DC
                  Participant
                    great news Scooby / Linda

One question i have for you is how did you manage to get such good treatmenr on the NHS? I am British but live in the States, and am worried that if I ever return (I want to) the treatment will not be as good. I was a slow responder and only after my doctors gambled a little and added TVEc to keytruda did i show a response. Also am worried that in the UK if you get bad bloodtests then they take you off immunotherapy and dont let you back – in the US they took me off but gave me a second chance! Am glad that you seem to be a UK success story! Hope this weeks tests and treatment go well

Scooby123
                    Participant
                      Hi Mark,
                      I am braf negative my first treatment was ippi which reduced my tumours by 50% . That was in 2013, I had a good run till 2015 brain tumour so Gamma knife to treat that. Then 2017 had car accident not sure if this started it again but had it in chest lymph nodes. So went on pembro. Had a tumour in stomach removed by surgery for that. I have had good year on treatments with little side effects . There is good treatments here yes they stick to guidelines not like in other countries they mix treatments like you had and trials available. Hard dicession on if coming to UK but I have responded well so far on treatment . Will be nice to have a break but will be nervous about it.
                      Wishing the best
                      SCOOBY X
                Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics