The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – Jason has passed

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – Jason has passed

Participant

Jason Edward Gwozdz passed away peacefully at home in Toronto, Ontario on Sunday February 19th, 2012 after a long fight with melanoma.

He is survived by his wife Emily, newborn son Jamieson, mother Adrienne, father Edward, sister Bobbi-Jo, brothers Sean and Tim, his niece Jorja and nephews Riley, Benjamin and William.

Jason Edward Gwozdz passed away peacefully at home in Toronto, Ontario on Sunday February 19th, 2012 after a long fight with melanoma.

He is survived by his wife Emily, newborn son Jamieson, mother Adrienne, father Edward, sister Bobbi-Jo, brothers Sean and Tim, his niece Jorja and nephews Riley, Benjamin and William.

Jason requested that a celebration of his life be held, his wake will take place from 3pm – 6pm on Sunday February 26th, 2012  at The Gladstone Hotel  1214 Queen St. West Toronto, Ontario.

In lieu of flowers Jason requested that donations be made in his name to The Melanoma Research Fund at Princess Margaret Hospital.  Please send to :

The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
      610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9 and quote charity # 886 00700 1267.

Viewing 53 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Emily,

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Dian

dian in spokane
          Participant

Emily,

Dian

dian in spokane
            Participant

Emily,

Dian

runnergirl
              Participant

Emily—I can't imagine your grief.  Losing a husband at any age must be so painful and beyond.  May you somehow find God's grace and blessing.  You probably won't for a while, but it's there; we all have to remember.  The pain of Melanoma is hell on earth.  May you and your family find peace, whatever that is for you.

runnergirl
                Participant

Emily—I can't imagine your grief.  Losing a husband at any age must be so painful and beyond.  May you somehow find God's grace and blessing.  You probably won't for a while, but it's there; we all have to remember.  The pain of Melanoma is hell on earth.  May you and your family find peace, whatever that is for you.

runnergirl
                  Participant

hope4cure1
                    Participant

Emily,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  You have been an incredibly strong wife and mother. Jamieson will grow to  be an incfredib le young man with your guidance. Jason will be in your heart, helping to guide you along the way.  Our prayers are with you tonight.

Hope

hope4cure1
                      Participant

Emily,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  You have been an incredibly strong wife and mother. Jamieson will grow to  be an incfredib le young man with your guidance. Jason will be in your heart, helping to guide you along the way.  Our prayers are with you tonight.

Hope

hope4cure1
                        Participant

Emily,

Hope

dearfoam
                          Participant

My sympathies and condolences to you and your family.

dearfoam
                            Participant

dearfoam
                              Participant

momof2kids
                                Participant

Very sorry to hear of your loss, with young kids myself, I can't even imagine what you are going thru. 

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Sorry for your loss.No words can make the pain go away.Only time will.Keep the good and loving memories you had with Jason in your heart,My prayers with you and family.

aldakota22
                                      Participant

Sorry for your loss.No words can make the pain go away.Only time will.Keep the good and loving memories you had with Jason in your heart,My prayers with you and family.

aldakota22
                                        Participant

momof2kids
                                        Participant

Very sorry to hear of your loss, with young kids myself, I can't even imagine what you are going thru. 

momof2kids
                                          Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                            Participant

Emily, I am deeply saddened to read that Jason has passed away. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                              Participant

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                Participant

Frank from Australia

lhaley
                                                  Participant

I am so sorry that Jason has passed away. At least he got his wish to hold his son. Emily hold his memories to pass on to Jamison.

Linda

lhaley
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry that Jason has passed away. At least he got his wish to hold his son. Emily hold his memories to pass on to Jamison.

Linda

lhaley
                                                      Participant

Linda

LaneyMcg
                                                        Participant
                                                          I am so sorry for your terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you x x x
                                                          LaneyMcg
                                                          Participant
                                                            I am so sorry for your terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you x x x
                                                              melissa ann
                                                              Participant

Emily,  I am terribly soryy for your loss, I wish you strength, love and peace.  Your posts have touched my heart several times and I pray for you and your family.  Melissa

melissa ann
                                                                Participant

Emily,  I am terribly soryy for your loss, I wish you strength, love and peace.  Your posts have touched my heart several times and I pray for you and your family.  Melissa

melissa ann
                                                                  Participant

melissa ann
                                                                    Participant

Emily, I am so very sorry to hear about Jason.  I wish you strength, love and peace.  Your posts have touched my heart several times and you and your family are in my prayers.  Melissa

melissa ann
                                                                      Participant

Emily, I am so very sorry to hear about Jason.  I wish you strength, love and peace.  Your posts have touched my heart several times and you and your family are in my prayers.  Melissa

melissa ann
                                                                        Participant

LaneyMcg
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Lori C
                                                                          Participant

I am so very sorry for your loss and Jason's suffering from this disease.  May you be given strength and comfort now and in the times ahead.

Lori

Lori C
                                                                            Participant

I am so very sorry for your loss and Jason's suffering from this disease.  May you be given strength and comfort now and in the times ahead.

Lori

Lori C
                                                                              Participant

Lori

Fen
                                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry, Emily.  You were a wonderful caretaker and I know you'll be a great mom to yours and Jason's son. Babies are the best and I hope Jamison helps you through this difficult time. Please update us if you feel like it.

Fen
                                                                                  Participant

I'm so sorry, Emily.  You were a wonderful caretaker and I know you'll be a great mom to yours and Jason's son. Babies are the best and I hope Jamison helps you through this difficult time. Please update us if you feel like it.

Fen
                                                                                    Participant

Kelli100299
                                                                                      Participant

Emily – You were the most solid rock Jason could have ever had. You gave one another a most precious gift, beautiful Jamieson. I was so happy to read when Jason was here to welcome him to the world. I know you will tell Jamieson all about his great dad and the great fighter he was. My condolences go out to your family in your time of grief.

Kelli

Kelli100299
                                                                                        Participant

Emily – You were the most solid rock Jason could have ever had. You gave one another a most precious gift, beautiful Jamieson. I was so happy to read when Jason was here to welcome him to the world. I know you will tell Jamieson all about his great dad and the great fighter he was. My condolences go out to your family in your time of grief.

Kelli

Kelli100299
                                                                                          Participant

Kelli

Laurie from maine
                                                                                              Participant

Emily,

What a true warrior he was and you right beside him.  I am glad he was able to see his son, but so saddened to hear this news. You can tell his son what a strong, courageous person he was.   My prayers are with you and your family at this time. 

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                Participant

Emily,

What a true warrior he was and you right beside him.  I am glad he was able to see his son, but so saddened to hear this news. You can tell his son what a strong, courageous person he was.   My prayers are with you and your family at this time. 

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                  Participant

Emily,

take care

laurie from maine

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                  Participant

Emily,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.. Hel will be missed by all. …

he

He will be missed by all. A true  inspiration to us all.

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                    Participant

Emily,

he

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                      Participant

Emily,

he

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                        Participant

Emily,

he

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                          Participant

Emily,

he

jim Breitfeller
                                                                                                            Participant

Emily,

he

boot2aboot
                                                                                                              Participant

Emily,

I am so sorry to hear this…i think it is wonderful that Jason wanted to help others, despite losing the battle…

condolences

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                Participant

Emily,

I am so sorry to hear this…i think it is wonderful that Jason wanted to help others, despite losing the battle…

condolences

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                  Participant

Emily,

condolences

boots

gabsound
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Emily,

I’m heartbroken at your loss. You were such an angel taking care of your husband.

Your lovely new baby will be your angel and will undoubtedly help ease some of the pain.

So sorry for your loss, but relieved that your husband is no longer in pain.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        Emily,

I’m heartbroken at your loss. You were such an angel taking care of your husband.

Your lovely new baby will be your angel and will undoubtedly help ease some of the pain.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          Emily,

Julie in Las Vegas

MeNDave
                                                                                                                          Participant

Emily,

My heart breaks for you.  Just remember, he is at peace.  I hope you can find some also in the coming days.  Hold your memories of him close to your heart, he'll always be with you.

Much love,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                                                                            Participant

Emily,

My heart breaks for you.  Just remember, he is at peace.  I hope you can find some also in the coming days.  Hold your memories of him close to your heart, he'll always be with you.

Much love,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                                                                              Participant

Emily,

Much love,

Maria

scots
                                                                                                                                Participant

I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

scot

scots
                                                                                                                                  Participant

scot

scots
                                                                                                                                    Participant

scot

NancyGM
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Emily, I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. I deeply respect your courage and compassion as a caregiver and mom.

NancyGM
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Emily, I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. I deeply respect your courage and compassion as a caregiver and mom.

NYKaren
                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                              Dear Emily,
                                                                                                                                              I’m so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Jason. I know he lives on in your precious baby, but you should have gotten to be together longer.
                                                                                                                                              please take care of yourself,
                                                                                                                                              karen
                                                                                                                                              NYKaren
                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                Dear Emily,
                                                                                                                                                I’m so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Jason. I know he lives on in your precious baby, but you should have gotten to be together longer.
                                                                                                                                                karen
                                                                                                                                                NYKaren
                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                  Dear Emily,
                                                                                                                                                  karen
                                                                                                                                                NancyGM
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 53 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics