The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Uneven Breasts after SNB?

Forums General Melanoma Community Uneven Breasts after SNB?

Participant

Ok, I know this topic is for mainly women but I wanted to see what anyof you have done to deal/cope with the uneven breasts after and SNB.

I used to be a perfectly even C cup now the side that they removed my 4 lymphnodes is significantly smaller than the other side.

ANY ADVICE???

Ok, I know this topic is for mainly women but I wanted to see what anyof you have done to deal/cope with the uneven breasts after and SNB.

I used to be a perfectly even C cup now the side that they removed my 4 lymphnodes is significantly smaller than the other side.

ANY ADVICE???

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellieSue
        Participant

I'm sorry that you are dealing with uneven sides. Mine isn't due to the LND but I had a unilateral mastectomy and had one side rebuilt so I am dealing with uneveness. I found a great bra! It's called the Coobie and it has little pockets you can put slight padding in. I put both pads in one side and I feel pretty even. I'm at least one size if not a size and a half difference from the left to the right.  I'm sorry your dealing with this, it's a huge pain!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
          Participant

I'm sorry that you are dealing with uneven sides. Mine isn't due to the LND but I had a unilateral mastectomy and had one side rebuilt so I am dealing with uneveness. I found a great bra! It's called the Coobie and it has little pockets you can put slight padding in. I put both pads in one side and I feel pretty even. I'm at least one size if not a size and a half difference from the left to the right.  I'm sorry your dealing with this, it's a huge pain!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Fen
            Participant

I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer prior to my melanoma diagnosis.  I wasn't too asymmetrical at first because I am B-ish.  I found bras with a little padding that covered the difference nicely.  Most saleswomen in the underwear dept. at higher end stores are trained to fit women of all shapes and were really helpful.

Also – ask one of your drs. about it.  You might find that it is a common result that will resolve itself with time – I hope so.  You don't need to be dealing with appearence issues along with cancer.  

Fen

Fen
              Participant

I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer prior to my melanoma diagnosis.  I wasn't too asymmetrical at first because I am B-ish.  I found bras with a little padding that covered the difference nicely.  Most saleswomen in the underwear dept. at higher end stores are trained to fit women of all shapes and were really helpful.

Also – ask one of your drs. about it.  You might find that it is a common result that will resolve itself with time – I hope so.  You don't need to be dealing with appearence issues along with cancer.  

Fen

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                Participant

I've found that the ACS Cancer Survivor Network's (csn.cancer.org) Breast Cancer board members have been an excellent source of information regarding the after-effects of SNB, CLND, lymphedema questions, etc. when it comes to the breast/axillary area.  They just have a larger population with experience in that part of the body to draw from, and like this board, they're all very willing to share their experiences with you.

ChrisTheWilsonZoo
                  Participant

I've found that the ACS Cancer Survivor Network's (csn.cancer.org) Breast Cancer board members have been an excellent source of information regarding the after-effects of SNB, CLND, lymphedema questions, etc. when it comes to the breast/axillary area.  They just have a larger population with experience in that part of the body to draw from, and like this board, they're all very willing to share their experiences with you.

washoegal
                    Participant

It hasn't been that long since you SNB you may go back to normal be a little more patient.  After my complete lymph node dissection I am slightly uneven, mostly due to cronic lymphedema but it's not really noticable to anyone but me. 

washoegal
                      Participant

It hasn't been that long since you SNB you may go back to normal be a little more patient.  After my complete lymph node dissection I am slightly uneven, mostly due to cronic lymphedema but it's not really noticable to anyone but me. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics