The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ugh, got sick again, laying in hospital bed.

Forums General Melanoma Community Ugh, got sick again, laying in hospital bed.

Participant
      Hi all,

Woke up this morning with extreme abdominal pain and I apologize if I get into too many details as I don’t want to gross too many people but basically I have impacted stool which caused swelling and inflammation to the small intestines. So, when I finally do go home, fingers are crossed for tomorrow as I have waiting game, but hopefully they get me sorted soon but in the mean time, send prayers or thoughts which ever you prefer

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant

Isn't it so much fun to talk about poop and GI problems? haha I don't think I have ever in my life talked about my GI system as I had when I was going through treatment. When you have it coming out of you every which way, multiple times a day, it forces you to talk about it. Or it your case – a lack thereof would DEFINATELY force the discussion. It always makes for good dinnertime stories 😀

Hang in there! Sending healing wishes!

Lauren

kandx
          Participant

Oh, sorry to hear this – that sounds awful. I hope things improve a bit for you soon. Sending you good thoughts, as well. -kelly

aldrichdesigner
              Participant
                Thanks Kelly, really appreciate it. We all find solace where we need it which can sometimes make things difficult as we don’t all have the same equipment or beliefs. But in my case, I will take all that I can get. If someone is indeed listening then others may or may not be tomorrow. Like get with me girl, confront her and say have to be too
              bjeans
              Participant

Oh, so sorry, that’s certainly not on the most fun list. Did the hospital folks tell mention if you were/are dehydrated? One of my husband’s side effects – not poop related and very brief, just needed iv fluids at the melanoma center – was apparently due to dehydration, which was surprising.

Thinking positive thoughts for you throughout the day.

Beth

aldrichdesigner
                  Participant
                    Beth, thanks for responding. I absolutely was dehydrated, they have pumped at least 5-6 liters of saline into me already. But I’m still fairly bloated and feels dehydrated still because I can not . They at least need moved me to a clear “liquid” diet so I can at least on occasion try something in my belly.

So, we will see what all can be held down.

MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Aw jeez man! That sucks, i had my “episode” starting at day #6 after my first Yervoy/Opdivo dose, i posted about my week & a half of pure HELL, no apetite, vomiting, pounding headache etc, well, by not eating for so long, then when “Megace” aka GOD came into my life, i was able to eat again like literaly Overnite! I tried to “pace” myself & not eat heavy foods but, i got so backed up! But, i was able to finally go, kinda like “giving birth” is how i described it! Lol..get a copy of “Everyone Poops” by Rich Brown, it will help you talk freely about bowel movements!..are you home now?
                      aldrichdesigner
                      Participant
                        Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Always good talking to you. I actually am still at the hospital and will be stuck here till at least tomorrow unless things turn poorly but they’ve been making some progress now. I think we actually got all the gunk out of me but now I have an empty gut that is/was enflamed. So I’m still very distended/bloated that it’s still causing pain and discomfort that they been giving me morphine which is making me nauseus as well but they are giving me something for that. Unfortunately the morphine is an every 2 hours and the anti nausea is every 4.

MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Hopefully yer out soon! I hate staying in there!! Youll pull through, enjoy the lil Head Change if ya can, the nausea part sucks eggs…be well..Mike
                        Foothillfoundling
                        Participant

Sending you healing thoughts, prayers and hugs!  

lkb
                          Participant

Hope you are home now and feeling better! Wishing you tall glasses of cool water (with lemon for taste?).

Lisa

bjeans
                            Participant

Any news – are you home? Sure hope so, and are feeling better with a good plan and good meds by now. 

Beth

Viewing 6 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics