The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Trouble posting? Try different browser.

Forums General Melanoma Community Trouble posting? Try different browser.

Participant

Someone mentioned in a recent post about using Firefox instead of IE to post to this board.  Chrome works for me but it took ages to stumble on that fix. It occurs to me that others might be having issues too and could use this simple hint. 

Someone mentioned in a recent post about using Firefox instead of IE to post to this board.  Chrome works for me but it took ages to stumble on that fix. It occurs to me that others might be having issues too and could use this simple hint. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I use Firefox and have problems with posting. Your posts upload right away but for some reason the edit screen takes a long time to refresh itself. If you keep clicking the "Post Message" button you get duplicate messages.

The browser is not the problem — the problem appears to be with the forum application itself.

Linny
          Participant

I use Firefox and have problems with posting. Your posts upload right away but for some reason the edit screen takes a long time to refresh itself. If you keep clicking the "Post Message" button you get duplicate messages.

The browser is not the problem — the problem appears to be with the forum application itself.

Linny
            Participant

Charlie S
              Participant

It is not a browse issue, rather, it is a latency issue within either the server software or database for this site.

With ANY browser, make your post, and immediately open a new tab to this site.  Your post will be there.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                Participant

It is not a browse issue, rather, it is a latency issue within either the server software or database for this site.

With ANY browser, make your post, and immediately open a new tab to this site.  Your post will be there.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                  Participant

Cheers,

Charlie S

Janet Lee
                    Participant

I do believe it IS a browser issue.

The problem started a few weeks ago. When I went to reply to a post, the area in which I would normally type my reply was greyed out, and I could not write anything.

When I tried logging in through Google Chrome, the reply box was white and took my input. 

So, I believe it definitely is a browser issue.

I also made sure all my Microsoft upgrades were downloaded and installed today, and re-booted my machine. I still could not post anything — whether it was a reply or a new topic. Same greyed-out reply box.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                      Participant

The problem started a few weeks ago. When I went to reply to a post, the area in which I would normally type my reply was greyed out, and I could not write anything.

When I tried logging in through Google Chrome, the reply box was white and took my input. 

I also made sure all my Microsoft upgrades were downloaded and installed today, and re-booted my machine. I still could not post anything — whether it was a reply or a new topic. Same greyed-out reply box.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                        Participant

Janet Lee

Charlie S
                          Participant

Janet Lee, I was responding to what I thought was the repeat post problem.

What you report is something different, and yes, it can be a browser setting interface problem depending on end user setttings not only with the browser of choice, but preference settings, firewall allowances and anti-virus settings.

"Graying Out"(denial) in a response box usually implies a program block. IE, Chrome and Mozilla each handle this differently as doesJava RunTime (which this site is dependent).

Just for a laugh, set a restore point, then reset IE, Chrome and Mozilla settings all to  default, try posting and see what happens.  

May need to pause an outside two way firewall (like ZoneAlarm)

Be sure and update JavaRunTime before doing so.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                            Participant

What you report is something different, and yes, it can be a browser setting interface problem depending on end user setttings not only with the browser of choice, but preference settings, firewall allowances and anti-virus settings.

"Graying Out"(denial) in a response box usually implies a program block. IE, Chrome and Mozilla each handle this differently as doesJava RunTime (which this site is dependent).

Just for a laugh, set a restore point, then reset IE, Chrome and Mozilla settings all to  default, try posting and see what happens.  

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                              Participant

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics