The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Today’s MRI

Forums General Melanoma Community Today’s MRI

Hi Everyone,

Today's MRI was clear!  That's two in a row post radiation.  I got used to getting bad news and so I was feeling more worried than usual.  Today was the first time I was nervous in the machine.  It was a little strange that I got nervous.  I wasn't expecting it.  I know this is good news.  I should be very happy.  I will be.  It just isn't real yet.  No new tumors, no scar tissue.  The brain is OK.  

Here's hoping the news stays positive.  Good wishes to you all.

Jennifer

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Replies
      klmillard10
      Participant

So happy to hear that! Great news!!! We also both share the same doctor, Dr. Buchbinder is the best! I have my MRI on 7/31, hoping for good results!!! Enjoy your great news!

AZSoCal
        Participant

Congrats Jennifer! Very happy for you!!

sister of patient
          Participant

That is fabulous news Jennifer – so pleased for you!! And yes, may it stay this way, permanently! Best wishes & take care!!

Barb

Nemesis
            Participant

Wonderful! I am happy for you!

jennunicorn
              Participant

Yay!! So happy to hear good news from your scan Jennifer! 

Nanners10
                Participant
                  So good to hear good news!!! Congratulations!
                  CindyJ
                  Participant

Congratulations on your wonderful news!!! 

Marksa2570
                    Participant

Good news is great news.   Glad to hear it.    

Jahendry12
                      Participant

Thanks for sharing the great news. Praying for many many more clear scans ahead!!!

marta010
                        Participant

Awesome  news!

jenny22
                          Participant

Jennifer- Congratulations on such wonderful news! May it last forever!!!

Now go out and celebrate!!!!!

DZnDef
                            Participant

Congratulations, Jennifer!  I can completely relate to having trouble accepting good news.  I just wrote a post very similar to yours in fact.  With these latest treatments it looks like more and more of us will just have to learn how to deal with good news.  I am glad both of us are having that "problem" right now.  May you continue to hear only good news from your doctor for decades to come!

Cheers!

Maggie

Sharon93065
                              Participant

And all your other tumors are gone?  Gives us hope. Had my second treatment last wee of Opdivo/Yervoi,

only side effects just prior are rashes, low TSH count.  How soon after 2nd treatment did you get fever?

JaiLee
                                  Participant

Wonderful news! So very happy for you Jennifer!!

About 5 days after the 2nd combo treatment.  It took another week and a half before the blood work confirmed hepatitis and I was put on 140mg prednisone.  Most of the other tumors had already begun shrinking and as of now I have two left.  I should know in August if they are still shrinking or if they are gone.  Good wishes to you.  I've heard many stories of people only having two doses and seeing very good results.

Thanks to you all for the good wishes!  Hoping to see more good news on this board!

RitysMom
                                  Participant

Great news! So happy for you!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics