The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Today is my 11th NEDiversary!

Forums General Melanoma Community Today is my 11th NEDiversary!

Participant

I don't come here much anymore, but for about 9 years, I was here every day.   I'm (still) raising 3 grandgirlies, and my mom has been here a while, too!  

I don't come here much anymore, but for about 9 years, I was here every day.   I'm (still) raising 3 grandgirlies, and my mom has been here a while, too!  

My original surgery was in Oct–diagnosed on my 39th birthday.  The surgery I had 11 years ago still showed melanoma, so my NED date is today!  I am so blessed that I found this place, which was then called Melanoma Patients Information Page.   The information and support from here is incredible, and I'm blessed to have been able to meet many people, in real life and online, from this bulletin board!  Sadly, many are now angels.  But many more, from 11 years ago and beyond, to today, are not only still alive, but thriving!!  (Hey old-timers, give a shout-out!!) As NIcky said below (and is also celebrating 11 yrs. NED today), there is ALWAYS HOPE!!

I love you all and wish you and yours the most wonderful Christmas of all!  And Happy New Year!!!!! 

*hugz*

~Lisa~

Viewing 53 reply threads
    • Replies
        Nicky
        Participant

A huge CONGRATULATIONS on your 11 NEDiversary and merry christmas to you Lisa (yipeee)  and everyone else here.  

You have been an incredible poster and support over all these years, Thank you.

Nicky
          Participant

A huge CONGRATULATIONS on your 11 NEDiversary and merry christmas to you Lisa (yipeee)  and everyone else here.  

Nicky
            Participant

Donna M.
              Participant

Congratulations!!!  =)

Donna M.
                Participant

Congratulations!!!  =)

Donna M.
                  Participant

Congratulations!!!  =)

akls
                    Participant

Congrats Lisa!

Happy Anniversary. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

Congrats Lisa!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                        Participant

Congrats Lisa!

Amy S. in Michigan

SuzannefromCA
                          Participant

Lisa,

That is truly AWESOME! Gives us stage IV's hope! Happy and Healthy holidays to you!

SuzannefromCA
                            Participant

Lisa,

That is truly AWESOME! Gives us stage IV's hope! Happy and Healthy holidays to you!

SuzannefromCA
                              Participant

Lisa,

NancyGM
                                Participant

Lisa, I have seen you on here since I first got on here in 2005. Thanks for all the support and inspiration you have given everyone and a HUGE congrats on your NEDiversary…. and your grand girlies!!

NancyGM
                                  Participant

Lisa, I have seen you on here since I first got on here in 2005. Thanks for all the support and inspiration you have given everyone and a HUGE congrats on your NEDiversary…. and your grand girlies!!

NancyGM
                                    Participant

NancyGM
                                      Participant

NancyGM
                                        Participant

NancyGM
                                          Participant

rtsmichele
                                            Participant

Hey Chickie,

Congrats on your Nediversary!   Hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your hubs and the girlies!!

XOXOXOX,

Michele  🙂

rtsmichele
                                              Participant

Hey Chickie,

Congrats on your Nediversary!   Hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your hubs and the girlies!!

XOXOXOX,

Michele  🙂

rtsmichele
                                                Participant

Hey Chickie,

XOXOXOX,

Michele  🙂

AlisonC
                                                  Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

I remember you as a regular poster when I first found this board too – sometime around 2006 I think.  I'm still here (although also intermittently) and am glad to see you posting.    I just celebrated my 10 year NEDiversary last month so your milestone is the next one on my target list 😉  Glad you are still here and having a lovely life – and, even though it means you (and I) are on the board less, glad that you (and many of us) are out here just living our lives and enjoying the time we have 🙂

Congrats on your 11 years and here's to 11 more 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                    Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

I remember you as a regular poster when I first found this board too – sometime around 2006 I think.  I'm still here (although also intermittently) and am glad to see you posting.    I just celebrated my 10 year NEDiversary last month so your milestone is the next one on my target list 😉  Glad you are still here and having a lovely life – and, even though it means you (and I) are on the board less, glad that you (and many of us) are out here just living our lives and enjoying the time we have 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                      Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                        Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                          Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

AlisonC
                                                            Participant

Hi BarbieGirl 🙂

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

scots
                                                              Participant

Congrats and Merry Christmas.

scot

scots
                                                                Participant

scot

scots
                                                                  Participant

scot

KellieSue
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Congrats! Many more NED years!
                                                                      KellieSue
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        KellieSue
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          MichaelFL
                                                                          Participant

I recall the days of yesteryear as well when you were so often too.

Congratulations on your anniversary. 11 years is suely something to shout about.

Enjoy your Barbie world, Barbie girl-in your Barbie Corvette and your Barbie mansion.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                                            Participant

Congratulations on your anniversary. 11 years is suely something to shout about.

Enjoy your Barbie world, Barbie girl-in your Barbie Corvette and your Barbie mansion.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                                              Participant

Michael

MaryD
                                                                                Participant

Congratulations Lisa!!   I'm an "oldtimer" too on MPIP and will be at the 11 year mark next month (uh – with about 6 recurrences since then but now NED). 

Keep livin' life and go out and celebrate BIG!

All the best,

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                  Participant

Congratulations Lisa!!   I'm an "oldtimer" too on MPIP and will be at the 11 year mark next month (uh – with about 6 recurrences since then but now NED). 

All the best,

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                    Participant

All the best,

Mary

Charlie S
                                                                                      Participant

You reallly should stop using  that picture of you in my lap , although enjoyable, it might give people the wrong idea…,in particullar your husband..

Other than  that, I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to see this benchmark from you.

Keep on rocking Barbie Girl !

Charlie S.

Charlie S
                                                                                        Participant

You reallly should stop using  that picture of you in my lap , although enjoyable, it might give people the wrong idea…,in particullar your husband..

Other than  that, I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to see this benchmark from you.

Charlie S.

Charlie S
                                                                                          Participant

Charlie S.

Jamietk
                                                                                            Participant

Congrats. Your Nediversary is always a special occasion for me. It is always on my birthday, but it is even more special because you were the first to reach out to me when I was dx. And I kind of sought you out based on patnet because I was looking for another long term survivor at my stage. And you were so kind to send me your last cd. You've been a great inspiration to me and I am so happy for your celebration today. I hope we both have many many more December 10th celebrations.

Jamietk
                                                                                              Participant

Congrats. Your Nediversary is always a special occasion for me. It is always on my birthday, but it is even more special because you were the first to reach out to me when I was dx. And I kind of sought you out based on patnet because I was looking for another long term survivor at my stage. And you were so kind to send me your last cd. You've been a great inspiration to me and I am so happy for your celebration today. I hope we both have many many more December 10th celebrations.

Jamietk
                                                                                                Participant

BonnieLea
                                                                                                  Participant

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BonnieLea
                                                                                                    Participant

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BonnieLea
                                                                                                      Participant

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jim M.
                                                                                                        Participant

YOU GO, Barbie Girl!! Keep raking up those NED years. Thank you for supporting me over the last several years!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                                                          Participant

YOU GO, Barbie Girl!! Keep raking up those NED years. Thank you for supporting me over the last several years!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                                                            Participant

God Bless,

Jim M.

CLPrice31
                                                                                                              Participant

For someone who is new to Hotel Melanoma, I get a lot of joy by reading posts like yours. Congratulations! I wish you many, many more years of NED! Now, get offline and go celebrate!!!!

CLPrice31
                                                                                                                Participant

For someone who is new to Hotel Melanoma, I get a lot of joy by reading posts like yours. Congratulations! I wish you many, many more years of NED! Now, get offline and go celebrate!!!!

CLPrice31
                                                                                                                  Participant

Viewing 53 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics