The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL treatment

Participant

Just to let you know that I have not forgotten about each and every one of you.   Days has been very difficult.  Keeping food down and trying to stop the aching from lymphedema.  I also didn't want to say anything too quickly.  I go for tests starting next Tuesday for 3 days and pray that I have  regression…then I will give a report.  I will be having a scan and results, very nervous, it looks pretty good but I don't want to celebrate too early.  Take care.  Val  xx

Just to let you know that I have not forgotten about each and every one of you.   Days has been very difficult.  Keeping food down and trying to stop the aching from lymphedema.  I also didn't want to say anything too quickly.  I go for tests starting next Tuesday for 3 days and pray that I have  regression…then I will give a report.  I will be having a scan and results, very nervous, it looks pretty good but I don't want to celebrate too early.  Take care.  Val  xx

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

Best wishes for great results on your tests next week!  I hope the treatment is successful for you.  Robert

rbruce
          Participant

Best wishes for great results on your tests next week!  I hope the treatment is successful for you.  Robert

killmel
            Participant

Val

I wish you all the luck in the world for great scans.

Have you seen any changes with the tumors in your leg??? How long does the doc say it willtake to see any changes?

You  are always  in my prayers.

Mary

Vermont_Donna
                Participant

HI Val,

I've been thinking about you. What is making the lymphadema aching so? is your leg swollen? I am hoping that you are taking it easy, are laying around and friends and dear hubby are taking care of you!!

Well wishes coming your way!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                  Participant

HI Val,

I've been thinking about you. What is making the lymphadema aching so? is your leg swollen? I am hoping that you are taking it easy, are laying around and friends and dear hubby are taking care of you!!

Well wishes coming your way!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

ValinMtl
                    Participant

Hi Donna, I believe it is the radiation (3 days a week for 2 hours that has caused my swelling.  I'm taking it as easy as as I can.  I plan to come back in great shape, I pray.  Val

ValinMtl
                      Participant

Hi Donna, I believe it is the radiation (3 days a week for 2 hours that has caused my swelling.  I'm taking it as easy as as I can.  I plan to come back in great shape, I pray.  Val

ValinMtl
                        Participant

Hi Mary, Yes I have seen changes in my leg but I'll wait for them to confirm  Val

ValinMtl
                          Participant

Hi Mary, Yes I have seen changes in my leg but I'll wait for them to confirm  Val

killmel
                          Participant

Val

I wish you all the luck in the world for great scans.

Have you seen any changes with the tumors in your leg??? How long does the doc say it willtake to see any changes?

You  are always  in my prayers.

Mary

Phil S
                            Participant
                              It sounds like you have gone through a lot, I hope you feel better each day! We are hoping and praying for positive scan results for you. We have followed your TIL posts, you are a fighter, and we hope this treatment kicks melanoma to the curb. God bless! Valerie (phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                It sounds like you have gone through a lot, I hope you feel better each day! We are hoping and praying for positive scan results for you. We have followed your TIL posts, you are a fighter, and we hope this treatment kicks melanoma to the curb. God bless! Valerie (phil’s wife)
                                  Lisa13
                                  Participant

Val,

I'm so sorry this treatment has been so rough on you, but I pray this will all be worth it.

Sending you best wishes and prayers for good tests results and scans.

Lisa – Stage 4

Lisa13
                                    Participant

Val,

I'm so sorry this treatment has been so rough on you, but I pray this will all be worth it.

Sending you best wishes and prayers for good tests results and scans.

Lisa – Stage 4

triciad
                                    Participant

Val,

I'm keeping you in my prayers for wonderful results!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tricia

triciad
                                      Participant

Val,

I'm keeping you in my prayers for wonderful results!  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tricia

acyr
                                        Participant

Hi Val,

So good to hear from you.  I can only imagine how rough this trial was – but I am very hopeful this will be the one that really works for you.  Hang in there and I am anxious to hear the scan results.  It is a long road, but we are all very keen to hear your success.  Big hugs,

Annette  IIIB

Toronto

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

Thanks Annette, I haven't forgotten those photos..just have to start feeling better.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                                              Participant

Thanks Annette, I haven't forgotten those photos..just have to start feeling better.  Val xx

acyr
                                              Participant

Hi Val,

So good to hear from you.  I can only imagine how rough this trial was – but I am very hopeful this will be the one that really works for you.  Hang in there and I am anxious to hear the scan results.  It is a long road, but we are all very keen to hear your success.  Big hugs,

Annette  IIIB

Toronto

wgalinat
                                                Participant

Hang in there.  Easy as she goes.  It took me a long time as well.  Not a lot of fun either, but you'll start to see some light down that tunnel.  I'm back to NIH myself October 19th, and 20th.  Five years and counting.  My latest crazy cancer, Merkel cell, now doesn't want to give in.  Last three months…three operations, another coming this week, 30 days of radiation…and probably now 30 more off the head and onto the neck, and I'm getting pretty sure that the dreaded word, chemo, is about to me popped on me again.  I'm in that sorta same wierdish "really??" feeling again BUT some of you know me and I ain't f ' ing quitting.

Warren G  

ValinMtl
                                                    Participant

We know you Warren…and I KNOW you won't ever give up.  Keep up the fight…you KNOW you will win…those grandchildren need their grandpa!!   Cancer is strong but we are even STRONGER you know that!!! Who knows maybe my next trip will be 19th and 20th…Would love to meet up with you.  Val  xx

ValinMtl
                                                      Participant

We know you Warren…and I KNOW you won't ever give up.  Keep up the fight…you KNOW you will win…those grandchildren need their grandpa!!   Cancer is strong but we are even STRONGER you know that!!! Who knows maybe my next trip will be 19th and 20th…Would love to meet up with you.  Val  xx

wgalinat
                                                      Participant

Hang in there.  Easy as she goes.  It took me a long time as well.  Not a lot of fun either, but you'll start to see some light down that tunnel.  I'm back to NIH myself October 19th, and 20th.  Five years and counting.  My latest crazy cancer, Merkel cell, now doesn't want to give in.  Last three months…three operations, another coming this week, 30 days of radiation…and probably now 30 more off the head and onto the neck, and I'm getting pretty sure that the dreaded word, chemo, is about to me popped on me again.  I'm in that sorta same wierdish "really??" feeling again BUT some of you know me and I ain't f ' ing quitting.

Warren G  

killmel
                                                        Participant

Val.

I pray you get a great response.

I am new to the forum so I have lots to learn. I read you had radiation for your whole body.

Is that correct? Will radiation cause brittle bones or other problems in the future foryou?? It would seem that radiating your whole body is not good.

Sal

killmel
                                                          Participant

Val.

I pray you get a great response.

I am new to the forum so I have lots to learn. I read you had radiation for your whole body.

Is that correct? Will radiation cause brittle bones or other problems in the future foryou?? It would seem that radiating your whole body is not good.

Sal

Bruce in NH
                                                            Participant

Hi Val,

Thanks so much for keeping us posted on your therapy at NIH. I am following your results closely in hopes the Temodar chemo I am taking will knock down the brain mets to 3 or less so I can join you in getting full body systemic treatment. But one step at a time.

Keep up your positive attitude, and my thoughts and prayers are with you daily.

Bruce

Bruce in NH
                                                              Participant

Hi Val,

Thanks so much for keeping us posted on your therapy at NIH. I am following your results closely in hopes the Temodar chemo I am taking will knock down the brain mets to 3 or less so I can join you in getting full body systemic treatment. But one step at a time.

Keep up your positive attitude, and my thoughts and prayers are with you daily.

Bruce

momof2kids
                                                                Participant

Hope all goes well with your results!

momof2kids
                                                                  Participant

Hope all goes well with your results!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics