The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The scan shows tumors growing

Forums General Melanoma Community The scan shows tumors growing

Participant

Have to move to other trials.

The combo doesn't really control the growing of tumors. 

I am waiting for the screen for another trial, it takes two weeks to check whether I am eligiable.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Keep the faith.  My recollection is that you're at Sloan, so you're working with the best.

Mat
          Participant

Keep the faith.  My recollection is that you're at Sloan, so you're working with the best.

Mat
            Participant

Jubes
              Participant

thats so  disappointing, but keep going to find the right treatment. I hope it's the next one

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                Participant

thats so  disappointing, but keep going to find the right treatment. I hope it's the next one

anne-Louise 

Jubes
                  Participant

anne-Louise 

jamieth29
                    Participant
                      Dfeng,
                      I’m sorry, I’m sure it was hard to hear that. I hope you can find the right treatment. What are the new trials your considering? I Don’t know else to say i was hoping this combo was the answer for you. Keep your head up.
                      Jamie
                      jamieth29
                      Participant
                        Dfeng,
                        I’m sorry, I’m sure it was hard to hear that. I hope you can find the right treatment. What are the new trials your considering? I Don’t know else to say i was hoping this combo was the answer for you. Keep your head up.
                        Jamie
                        jamieth29
                        Participant
                          Dfeng,
                          Jamie
                          stars
                          Participant

Sorry to hear that, d feng… I hope you are eligible for another trial. Are you doing ok? This must be a shock.

stars
                            Participant

Sorry to hear that, d feng… I hope you are eligible for another trial. Are you doing ok? This must be a shock.

stars
                              Participant

Scooby123
                                Participant

Hi D.Feng

sorry to hear you not responding hope you find another trial soon xx

scooby❤️

Scooby123
                                  Participant

Hi D.Feng

scooby❤️

Scooby123
                                    Participant

Hi D.Feng

scooby❤️

Polymath
                                      Participant

Sorry to hear the news.  You are not alone in this frustrating battle.  Now that ipi/nivo has just been approved we are trying for insurance coverage for that treatment.  Is that an option for you?

Aloha, Gary

Polymath
                                        Participant

Sorry to hear the news.  You are not alone in this frustrating battle.  Now that ipi/nivo has just been approved we are trying for insurance coverage for that treatment.  Is that an option for you?

Aloha, Gary

Polymath
                                          Participant

Aloha, Gary

Bubbles
                                            Participant

Oh, D. Feng…I am so sorry that the ipi/nivo combo didn't help you as hoped. I don't know which trial you are looking at but I wish luck with whatever path you choose. I don't know your BRAF status and if those inhibitor combo's are an option for you. I don't know much about ocular melanoma and how, or if, that affects your options now. It seems that I remember something about CKIT being helpful. These things may be a stretch, but perhaps some of the treatments in this post may be helpful: http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2015/07/for-mat.html

Don't know if any of this helps at all…mostly just wanted to let you know that I am sorry and thinking of you and yours. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
                                              Participant

Oh, D. Feng…I am so sorry that the ipi/nivo combo didn't help you as hoped. I don't know which trial you are looking at but I wish luck with whatever path you choose. I don't know your BRAF status and if those inhibitor combo's are an option for you. I don't know much about ocular melanoma and how, or if, that affects your options now. It seems that I remember something about CKIT being helpful. These things may be a stretch, but perhaps some of the treatments in this post may be helpful: http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2015/07/for-mat.html

Don't know if any of this helps at all…mostly just wanted to let you know that I am sorry and thinking of you and yours. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                  Participant

I am sorry to hear this news D Feng. I know you put up with a lot of side effects and I was really hoping that the price you were paying was for some benefit. I am hoping and praying you find a treatment that works. You are in good hands at MSKCC.

– Paul 

_Paul_
                                                    Participant

I am sorry to hear this news D Feng. I know you put up with a lot of side effects and I was really hoping that the price you were paying was for some benefit. I am hoping and praying you find a treatment that works. You are in good hands at MSKCC.

– Paul 

dfeng
                                                        Participant

Thank you for encouraging! It is being a long vacation that i am away and now, I am back.

dfeng
                                                          Participant

Thank you for encouraging! It is being a long vacation that i am away and now, I am back.

dfeng
                                                            Participant

_Paul_
                                                            Participant

– Paul 

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics