The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The end of the road

Forums Caregiver Community The end of the road

Participant

Yesterday, I lost my soulmate, Juan, and my son lost his Papa.  After 4 years fighting this awful disease, he reached the end of the line.

The pain is raw and recovering from both losing him after 30 years of marriage and the toll of being a caregiver for such a long period will not be easy. But it was my pleasure to care for him over these years through multiple surgeries, radiation, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and TIL.   If I made it a little less painful and easier for him to cope with in any small way then my job was done.

I would like to thank everyone for the advice and encouragement.  I see so much hope for the future with new treatments and progress every day, just too late for us.

good luck and god bless

Maria

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof4boys
        Participant
          So sorry… it seems lately this beast has taken several people on this board and Im at a loss for you, except to pray to God for strength. You have to be so tired. As hard as it is to go on, take some time for yourself and in time you will remember the old Juan, not the sick one. And someday you will meet again.
          jennunicorn
          Participant

So very sorry Maria. My thoughts are with you and your son.

Fen
            Participant

I'm so sorry, Maria.  I think you did a lot more than make it 'a little less painful and easier for him to cope'. Deepest sympathy to you and your son.     

Fen

Cindyco
              Participant

So sorry to hear this.  Much love and prayers to you and your family.  You have been such an amazingly informed and inspirational caregiver throughout this.  I hate this disease.

Julie in SoCal
                Participant

Oh Maria!

My heart goes out to you and your family.  If only hating this disease were enough to rid the earth of it….

May your heart find it's rest in Juan's love. 

God Bless,

Julie

Scooby123
                  Participant

So sorry Maria for your loss, sending hug and strength to you and your son. God bless❤️

Scooby

tschmith
                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this.  May Juan rest in peace.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Terrie

Maria C
                      Participant

So very sorry to hear this news, Maria, for you, your son, and every weary warrior on this board. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Bubbles
                        Participant

Oh, Maria.  So sorry for your loss.  Jaun was blessed to have you.  I wish you healing and peace.  Yours, celeste

Shaneswife
                          Participant

My condolences for your family's loss. 

Janis

snow white
                            Participant

Thinking of you at this most difficult time.

xo Jen

adriana cooper
                              Participant

Maria, We are sorry  to hear this. It hits us especially hard. Please give yourself and your son a hug from us. 

Rob and Adriana

maperny
                                  Participant

Hi Rob, 

sorry I haven't replied to your email yet.  I was so pleased to get it.  Things just got away from me……

Maria

Patrisa
                                  Participant

Dear Maria,

Iam so sorry for your loss… Prayers for both you and your son…

Love,

Patrisa

jbronicki
                                    Participant

I'm so very sorry to hear this Maria, you and Juan have my deepest sympathy.  You were a tremendous caregiver to Juan and that says a lot about you, that's one of the hardest roles and you did it selflessly.  Many many hugs.

Momofjake
                                      Participant

Maria, 

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing through all this. So sorry. I think your friends here understand better than most the heartache of melanoma. Praying for comfort for you and your son. 

With affection,

Kerri

Viewing 14 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics