The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Angels took Jim to Heaven this morning.

Forums General Melanoma Community The Angels took Jim to Heaven this morning.

Participant

He was the most wonderful loving man, Christian, father, husband, best friend, and soul mate a wife could ever want or wish for.  December 4th would have our been our 43rd anniversary. We went to Hospice yesterday afternoon…and by 1:10 am.  the angels took him to heaven, no more pain for him.  Something (God) woke me up 10 minutes before he passed.  What a blessing.  I will miss him so much, my heart is broken…but he is pain free, and Melanoma has him no more!! 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER!

He was the most wonderful loving man, Christian, father, husband, best friend, and soul mate a wife could ever want or wish for.  December 4th would have our been our 43rd anniversary. We went to Hospice yesterday afternoon…and by 1:10 am.  the angels took him to heaven, no more pain for him.  Something (God) woke me up 10 minutes before he passed.  What a blessing.  I will miss him so much, my heart is broken…but he is pain free, and Melanoma has him no more!! 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER!

Viewing 73 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoanR
        Participant

I am so sorry,

Terra
            Participant

Thinking of you.

Terra
              Participant

Thinking of you.

Laurie from maine
                Participant

I am so sorry.  I am glad that you could be with him at the end.  I hope you have family and friends to surround you during this time.  Take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                  Participant

I am so sorry.  I am glad that you could be with him at the end.  I hope you have family and friends to surround you during this time.  Take care

laurie from maine

JoanR
                  Participant

I am so sorry,

KatyWI
                    Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I am glad, though, that he is pain free now and that you had the blessing of waiting with him for his last few moments on earth.

KatyWI

KatyWI
                      Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I am glad, though, that he is pain free now and that you had the blessing of waiting with him for his last few moments on earth.

KatyWI

Lori C
                        Participant

Sherron, my thoughts  & prayers are with you.  Jim is indeed free from this disease now, and that is a blessing.  If you find yourself wanting to talk to a fellow caregiver in the coming weeks or months, please email me. 

May your faith and your friends sustain you through the tough times, and may his memory bless you.

Lori C
                          Participant

Sherron, my thoughts  & prayers are with you.  Jim is indeed free from this disease now, and that is a blessing.  If you find yourself wanting to talk to a fellow caregiver in the coming weeks or months, please email me. 

May your faith and your friends sustain you through the tough times, and may his memory bless you.

CarolA
                            Participant

I am so sorry.    I have followed Jim's journey through  your posts.    Your support for him was so

loving and an example for all of us.    Be assured that he knew and felt your love and support.    My sympathy to you and your extended family and friends.  

CarolA

Amherst, NY

Stage III and holding (orig dx 3/05)

CarolA
                              Participant

I am so sorry.    I have followed Jim's journey through  your posts.    Your support for him was so

loving and an example for all of us.    Be assured that he knew and felt your love and support.    My sympathy to you and your extended family and friends.  

CarolA

Amherst, NY

Stage III and holding (orig dx 3/05)

Wendi Lynn
                                Participant

Sherron,

So terribly sorry to hear of your loss.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

Wendi

Wendi Lynn
                                  Participant

Sherron,

So terribly sorry to hear of your loss.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

Wendi

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

I'm so sad.  It is never easy to lose someone you love.  In my prayers.  Val

ValinMtl
                                      Participant

I'm so sad.  It is never easy to lose someone you love.  In my prayers.  Val

Fen
                                        Participant

I'm so sorry, Sherron.  I hope the thoughts of your wonderful, long marriage help get you through this difficult time. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. 

Fen

Fen
                                          Participant

I'm so sorry, Sherron.  I hope the thoughts of your wonderful, long marriage help get you through this difficult time. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. 

Fen

dian in spokane
                                            Participant

Sherron,

Please accept my deepest condolences. You were a wonderful caregiver to him, and I know that he loved you as much as you loved him.

I hope you have some peace soon.

Dian

dian in spokane
                                              Participant

Sherron,

Please accept my deepest condolences. You were a wonderful caregiver to him, and I know that he loved you as much as you loved him.

I hope you have some peace soon.

Dian

Janner
                                                Participant

I am so very sorry, Jim.  He did things his own way and you supported him the entire time.  Condolences to you and your family.

Janner

Janner
                                                  Participant

I am so very sorry, Jim.  He did things his own way and you supported him the entire time.  Condolences to you and your family.

Janner

Janner
                                                      Participant

Guess I had better proof better.  "I am so sorry, Sherron" or "I am so sorry about Jim".  Both would have been better than what I actually wrote.  However, the sentiment is still the same.  I am sorry you are dealing with this, Sherron.  Please don't be a stranger here.

Janner

Janner
                                                        Participant

Guess I had better proof better.  "I am so sorry, Sherron" or "I am so sorry about Jim".  Both would have been better than what I actually wrote.  However, the sentiment is still the same.  I am sorry you are dealing with this, Sherron.  Please don't be a stranger here.

Janner

djpayn
                                                        Participant

Sherron, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

djpayn
                                                          Participant

Sherron, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

James from Sydney
                                                            Participant

Sherron i am so sorry for your loss, Jim sounds like he was a great person and he always will be in the imprint he left with everyone he met.

James

James from Sydney
                                                              Participant

Sherron i am so sorry for your loss, Jim sounds like he was a great person and he always will be in the imprint he left with everyone he met.

James

LizzM
                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful husband. Melanoma cannot cause him any more pain now. Cherish your treasured memories.

~~Liz

LizzM
                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful husband. Melanoma cannot cause him any more pain now. Cherish your treasured memories.

~~Liz

JuleFL
                                                                    Participant

Dear Sherron, my deepest sympathies go to you.  Please call me when you are ready.  You indeed received a special gift when you were awakened.  God bless you and give you strength and peace.

Jule

JuleFL
                                                                      Participant

Dear Sherron, my deepest sympathies go to you.  Please call me when you are ready.  You indeed received a special gift when you were awakened.  God bless you and give you strength and peace.

Jule

Cate
                                                                        Participant

Sherron,  I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'm sure Jim is at peace now and will pray for you and your family.  Cate

Cate
                                                                          Participant

Sherron,  I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'm sure Jim is at peace now and will pray for you and your family.  Cate

lhaley
                                                                            Participant

Sherron,

I know your heart is broken. Jim is now at peace. The two of you shared the majority of your life together and now you need to grieve. You were a wonderful caregiver and did everything that you could.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                              Participant

Sherron,

I know your heart is broken. Jim is now at peace. The two of you shared the majority of your life together and now you need to grieve. You were a wonderful caregiver and did everything that you could.

Linda

Rocco
                                                                                Participant

Sherron,

My deepest condolences at the loss of your beloved Jim.  May your loving memories of him surround you during this most difficult time.  Prayers are sent your way.

Rocco

Stage IV

Rocco
                                                                                  Participant

Sherron,

My deepest condolences at the loss of your beloved Jim.  May your loving memories of him surround you during this most difficult time.  Prayers are sent your way.

Rocco

Stage IV

Nancy
                                                                                      Participant

Dear Sherron,

I'm sorry melanoma has taken another loved one.  Having lost Buddy less than a month ago to melanoma (after 43 years of marriage) I know the sorrow you're dealing with tonight.  I can't tell you it gets easier, but I can tell you I'll keep you in prayer.

God Bless,

Nancy

Nancy
                                                                                        Participant

Dear Sherron,

I'm sorry melanoma has taken another loved one.  Having lost Buddy less than a month ago to melanoma (after 43 years of marriage) I know the sorrow you're dealing with tonight.  I can't tell you it gets easier, but I can tell you I'll keep you in prayer.

God Bless,

Nancy

MichaelFL
                                                                                        Participant

I am glad he got the quality time he so wanted in these last years, and that you were able to be awake with him during his final minutes before his heavenly roll call was announced, and that his passing was as pain free as possible as well.

On the 4th, I hope you will be able to still smile and say happy melanoma free anniversary to him.

My condolences to you and your family.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                                                          Participant

I am glad he got the quality time he so wanted in these last years, and that you were able to be awake with him during his final minutes before his heavenly roll call was announced, and that his passing was as pain free as possible as well.

On the 4th, I hope you will be able to still smile and say happy melanoma free anniversary to him.

My condolences to you and your family.

Michael

Linda/Kentucky
                                                                                            Participant

I guess there is not alot to say except how deeply sorry I am for you and your upcoming days ahead.  Please know others are praying for God to give you strength and peace through this time of sorrow.  As others have said he is pain-free now.  No pills, no pain, no treatments.  Wishing you well during this time of sorrow.

Linda/Kentucky 

Linda/Kentucky
                                                                                              Participant

I guess there is not alot to say except how deeply sorry I am for you and your upcoming days ahead.  Please know others are praying for God to give you strength and peace through this time of sorrow.  As others have said he is pain-free now.  No pills, no pain, no treatments.  Wishing you well during this time of sorrow.

Linda/Kentucky 

Jackie W
                                                                                                Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                                                                                  Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Jackie W

King
                                                                                                    Participant

Sherron,

I offer you my sincere sympathy.  I have the utmost respect for Jim doing it his way and you supporting him.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                                                                                                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                                                                      Participant

Sherron,

I offer you my sincere sympathy.  I have the utmost respect for Jim doing it his way and you supporting him.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                                                                                                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

SusanE
                                                                                                        Participant

Sherron, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug.

SusanE
                                                                                                          Participant

Sherron, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug.

MaryD
                                                                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry Sherron – but what a blessing to have such a good man for 43 years!  Thankfully he passed peacefully and with you by his side.    Nothing can minimize the pain of his loss but I hope your faith and Jim's spirit will help you through these difficult days.

Sincere sympathy,

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry Sherron – but what a blessing to have such a good man for 43 years!  Thankfully he passed peacefully and with you by his side.    Nothing can minimize the pain of his loss but I hope your faith and Jim's spirit will help you through these difficult days.

Sincere sympathy,

Mary

EmilyandMike
                                                                                                                Participant

Sherron – I am so sorry that this horrible disease has taken yet another beautiful life.  I have followed your posts and admired your husband choices.  I send you my thoughts and prayers and take comfort in knowing that we have another melanoma angel looking down at us from above.

Emily

EmilyandMike
                                                                                                                  Participant

Sherron – I am so sorry that this horrible disease has taken yet another beautiful life.  I have followed your posts and admired your husband choices.  I send you my thoughts and prayers and take comfort in knowing that we have another melanoma angel looking down at us from above.

Emily

JohnHen
                                                                                                                    Participant

Sherron,

Your lose is Jim's gain. He has seen the face of God and is again whole, perfect and free from pain. May the next 43 years be as full of blessings as the last 43 have been.

God bless you and your family.

John, a brother in Christ

JohnHen
                                                                                                                      Participant

Sherron,

Your lose is Jim's gain. He has seen the face of God and is again whole, perfect and free from pain. May the next 43 years be as full of blessings as the last 43 have been.

God bless you and your family.

John, a brother in Christ

Niki
                                                                                                                        Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful support you were to Jim during those 4-plus years. I know it has not been easy. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Niki (Wife of Joe)

Niki
                                                                                                                          Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful support you were to Jim during those 4-plus years. I know it has not been easy. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Niki (Wife of Joe)

lovingwifedeb
                                                                                                                            Participant

Sherron,

Thank you for sharing your life with us on this discussion board. You have been a very brave soul in my very humble opinion, you denied Jim nothing but gave him absolute unconditional love and care. What more could anyone ask for? There must be a vast empty void left behind right how, like a part of you is gone. I hope the light fills that space for you and that the 43 years of love you two had will now surround your heart in total healing. Peace to you Sherron, for Jim is free now as he never was when his feet were planted on this earth.

From caregiver to another,

Deb

lovingwife to Bob, stage 3c

lovingwifedeb
                                                                                                                              Participant

Sherron,

Thank you for sharing your life with us on this discussion board. You have been a very brave soul in my very humble opinion, you denied Jim nothing but gave him absolute unconditional love and care. What more could anyone ask for? There must be a vast empty void left behind right how, like a part of you is gone. I hope the light fills that space for you and that the 43 years of love you two had will now surround your heart in total healing. Peace to you Sherron, for Jim is free now as he never was when his feet were planted on this earth.

From caregiver to another,

Deb

lovingwife to Bob, stage 3c

Jaime.30
                                                                                                                                Participant

So very very sorry for your loss.

Jaime.30
                                                                                                                                  Participant

So very very sorry for your loss.

Sharyn
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Dear Sherron,

Words cannot express my profound sadness for your loss. Finding a true soul mate in a life-long partner is indeed a great blessing, and I hope all the precious memories of the past 43 years will be a source of joy, strength and comfort as you learn to move forward in this difficult time. My deepest condolences.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Sherron,

Words cannot express my profound sadness for your loss. Finding a true soul mate in a life-long partner is indeed a great blessing, and I hope all the precious memories of the past 43 years will be a source of joy, strength and comfort as you learn to move forward in this difficult time. My deepest condolences.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Wife of Carl
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Sherron,

I am very sorry for your lose.  You were a wonderful, supportive caregiver.  May the good memories of your life together carry you through these tough times.  You and your family have my deepest sympathy and I will keep you in my prayers.

Pat-Wife of Carl

Wife of Carl
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Sherron,

I am very sorry for your lose.  You were a wonderful, supportive caregiver.  May the good memories of your life together carry you through these tough times.  You and your family have my deepest sympathy and I will keep you in my prayers.

Pat-Wife of Carl

babybluiz
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry that you lost the love of your life. I don't really know how to comfort you otherwise as I am still trying to figure out how to comfort myself after losing my husband 6 months ago. Just know there are several people on this board and off of it, that love you and your family and will be here as a shoulder to cry on or lend an ear. If you ever want to talk please just let me know. [email protected]. I don't get on often but have been following you and your husbands story for a while. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

Laura

babybluiz
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry that you lost the love of your life. I don't really know how to comfort you otherwise as I am still trying to figure out how to comfort myself after losing my husband 6 months ago. Just know there are several people on this board and off of it, that love you and your family and will be here as a shoulder to cry on or lend an ear. If you ever want to talk please just let me know. [email protected]. I don't get on often but have been following you and your husbands story for a while. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

Laura

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Hi Sherron,

Wow, congrats on 43 years of marriage. What a GREAT guy! I am so sorry for your loss. You have wonderful memories and may those sustain you in your times of grief.

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Sherron,

Wow, congrats on 43 years of marriage. What a GREAT guy! I am so sorry for your loss. You have wonderful memories and may those sustain you in your times of grief.

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

patobs01
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I am very sorry to hear that you have lost Jim. I have followed your posts over the last several months and I can see that he was blessed to have such a loving caregiver. May the angels carry him to a more peaceful place.

Take care,

Pat O.

patobs01
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I am very sorry to hear that you have lost Jim. I have followed your posts over the last several months and I can see that he was blessed to have such a loving caregiver. May the angels carry him to a more peaceful place.

Take care,

Pat O.

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your Jim.  43 years is a long time…Congratulations on such a success.  Thank God you woke up to send him off.  What a sweet tribute to a fine man.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your Jim.  43 years is a long time…Congratulations on such a success.  Thank God you woke up to send him off.  What a sweet tribute to a fine man.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Beth 3/B

yensidw
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  He is in a better place now and free from this awful disease.  Please feel free to contact me if you want to talk.  May God bless you.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Janis

yensidw
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  He is in a better place now and free from this awful disease.  Please feel free to contact me if you want to talk.  May God bless you.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Janis

PSD
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I will keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam/PSD

PSD
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Sherron,

I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I will keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam/PSD

Rocklove
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

So sorry Sherron, It feels like life is not fair at times. Your blessed to have so many years with Jim. Please keep contributing as this board needs your knowledge to help guide and comfort others.

Prayers and Positive Thoughts To You Sherron.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

So sorry Sherron, It feels like life is not fair at times. Your blessed to have so many years with Jim. Please keep contributing as this board needs your knowledge to help guide and comfort others.

Prayers and Positive Thoughts To You Sherron.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

EricNJill
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Oh Sherron, My heart breaks for you.  I'm so sorry.

JillNEric in OH

EricNJill
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Oh Sherron, My heart breaks for you.  I'm so sorry.

JillNEric in OH

Viewing 73 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics