The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Texas Trip!

Forums General Melanoma Community Texas Trip!

Participant
      Hi Family, my 2 brothers are flying me out to Texas (Laredo) after the 15th when I see Dr. Jang, I haven’t seen one of the 2 since like 2012! (Daniel), the other, Tim I saw recently last year before my lung surgery but nevertheless it will good for me to get the HELL out of California for a few days! Plus I’ll get to see my nephew, 17 year old Tony who is almost at a professional level at electric guitar, has won a local AND a State Championships! His music style is Heavy Metal or if ya know this genre, Progressive Metal, has a lil band going so, can’t wait to see him jam! Last I saw him he was about 9 months old!… I’m happier then a dog when its owner gets home!…I’ll post while I’m there, I’ll leave the 21st.. wish I could see our MRF brother Tex! He’s more Mid-North Texas, I’ll be at the very bottom (southern) Texas….hope all is good with youse this weekend, I’m feeling ok, side tumor is REALLY letting me know hes there!!(Naproxines help!!) , baseball size now…I need a TIL shot! or that DAMN surgery they cancelled on me!…..love ya all, I really do…
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Dwarla
        Participant
          Mike,
          I’m so happy for you! It will be good for you to see family and think and do something besides cancer! My husband and I took a trip out your way and to Yellowstone and Colorado (where I’m from) this summer. We have never taken a trip like that. I tell my husband about you. Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it! Can you get stronger pain meds?
          I hope Dr. Jang does what you want and need! You are very strong!
          Robin
          Bubbles
          Participant
            That sounds great, Mike! It’s always nice to have something to look forward to. Getting to see your peeps will be awesome! c
            MelMel
            Participant
              I find even a short time away gives you a sense of normalcy and it recharges one’s batteries. Have a terrific visit and enjoy every moment!
              Melanie
              lkb
              Participant
                Have a great time!
                gopher38
                Participant
                  yee-haw.
                  Jahendry12
                  Participant
                    Much needed change of scenery for you. Have a great time and enjoy your family Mike!
                    mandyjill
                    Participant
                      Giddy UP and welcome to the Great State of Texas!
                  Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics