The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

surgery in the morning

Forums General Melanoma Community surgery in the morning

Participant

Did the brain mapping this morning. Pre admit, and then met with a trial nurse.  I've entered a brain met about a dura lining.  The best advantage was the meeting today with the research nurse who also had been Dr Asher's nurse for several years. She will be in the surgery tomorrow also.   She was so informative.  Went over the surgery step by step.  Answered every questions and relieved both of us.

Did the brain mapping this morning. Pre admit, and then met with a trial nurse.  I've entered a brain met about a dura lining.  The best advantage was the meeting today with the research nurse who also had been Dr Asher's nurse for several years. She will be in the surgery tomorrow also.   She was so informative.  Went over the surgery step by step.  Answered every questions and relieved both of us.

Everyone who examed me today agreed that the steroids have destroyed my body.  This is going to be an issue a long with just normal recovery.  Hopefully they can remove the entire tumor and the edema will start to leave.  I do realize that surgery itself inflames the brain.  

I am soooo ready for this. I realize that this will take some time but I plan on getting my health back, therefore getting my life back. 

I've asked Lynn to update this site once my son updates my caring bridge site.  Actually I'm sitting in a hotel right now with my husband and my son has flown in and we are waiting right now for the shuttle to bring him.

I hope good news is posted that the entire tumor can be removed (location has been the problem). 

Linda

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

For what its worth i have a good feeling that you  will have a sucessful results tomorrow.In my prayers tonite.Keep fighting.

aldakota22
          Participant

For what its worth i have a good feeling that you  will have a sucessful results tomorrow.In my prayers tonite.Keep fighting.

aldakota22
            Participant

James from Sydney
              Participant

Linda, sending you lots of positive energy from afar

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                Participant

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                  Participant

best wishes

James

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Awaiting good news, my dear lady.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

KellieSue
                          Participant
                            Thanks so much for updating. I’ve been thinking about you. It sounds like you have a great nurse. I hope the craniotomy can start to solve it right away. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
                            KellieSue
                            Participant
                              Thanks so much for updating. I’ve been thinking about you. It sounds like you have a great nurse. I hope the craniotomy can start to solve it right away. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
                              KellieSue
                              Participant
                                CarolA
                                Participant

Dear Linda – will be sending good thoughts and prayers for you tomorrow, and for your medical staff to work their absolute best for you.    You'll be missed here and we'll be waiting to read reports on your recovery.   My very best to you.

CarolA

CarolA
                                  Participant

Dear Linda – will be sending good thoughts and prayers for you tomorrow, and for your medical staff to work their absolute best for you.    You'll be missed here and we'll be waiting to read reports on your recovery.   My very best to you.

CarolA

CarolA
                                    Participant

CarolA

Rona
                                      Participant

sending love

Rona

Rona
                                        Participant

sending love

Rona

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Dear Linda,

Wrapping you in positive light and energy and will be thinking of you as you sail through surgery and recovery!!!!

hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Dear Linda,

Wrapping you in positive light and energy and will be thinking of you as you sail through surgery and recovery!!!!

hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                                Participant

Dear Linda,

hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Rona
                                                Participant

sending love

Rona

akls
                                                  Participant

Linda,

You are going to do great!   You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay strong as always.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                                    Participant

Linda,

You are going to do great!   You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay strong as always.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                                      Participant

Linda,

Amy S. in Michigan

jag
                                                        Participant

Linda, I am really hoping this all turns out just great for you.  I will say a prayer that your talented surgeons will get everything and that you will not need another surgery.

God Bless

John

jag
                                                          Participant

Linda, I am really hoping this all turns out just great for you.  I will say a prayer that your talented surgeons will get everything and that you will not need another surgery.

God Bless

John

jag
                                                            Participant

God Bless

John

FormerCaregiver
                                                              Participant

Linda, just like to wish you good luck with your surgery.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                  Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Fen
                                                                    Participant

Praying everything turns out perfectly.  Thanks for having someone update the board.  Fen

Fen
                                                                      Participant

Praying everything turns out perfectly.  Thanks for having someone update the board.  Fen

Fen
                                                                        Participant

scots
                                                                          Participant

scot

scots
                                                                            Participant

scot

scots
                                                                              Participant

scot

LaneyMcg
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing your surgery went well.
                                                                                  Love and hugs
                                                                                  Laney x
                                                                                  Love across the pond x
                                                                                  LaneyMcg
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Love and hugs
                                                                                    Laney x
                                                                                    Love across the pond x
                                                                                    LaneyMcg
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Love and hugs
                                                                                      Laney x
                                                                                      Love across the pond x
                                                                                  Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics