The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

stopped immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community stopped immunotherapy

Participant
      I had a PET scan Friday and saw my oncologist today. Since the PET scan showed no cancer, she has stopped my immunotherapy. I will have a PET scan in October and see her after it. I began Keytruda immunotherapy in November 2015. and switched to Yervoy+Opdivo on April 1, 2016. My last Opdivo infusion was on May 27. I feel well and ran 10 miles Saturday morning.
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          That is wonderful, Edwin!!!! Your runs and immunotherapy have run melanoma into the dirt!!! Well done! Enjoy! les
          jbronicki
          Participant
            Wow Edwin, that is just amazing! So happy for you. I love reading your posts they are always straightforward, practical, informational and motivational all rolled into one. What you have overcome is amazing and running 10 miles for most of us (and I’ve never had advanced melanoma) is merely a dream 🙂
            sandyd77
            Participant
              Congratulations, Edwin! That is such great news. Enjoy every day to the fullest and stay well. Thanks for sharing such positive news with us.
              Mark_DC
              Participant
                Well done Edwin. I wish I could run half or a fifth as much as you do (I do cycle though but I think thats nothing compared to you!)
                Beany
                Participant
                  Well done Edwin.
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Excellent news!!! Now you really have the wind behind your wings. Stay healthy and safe.
                    Melanie
                    lkb
                    Participant
                      Congratulations, Edwin!!! Wishing you enduring good health and miles and miles of great running!
                      DoubleTT
                      Participant
                        OMG I just love hearing this ……yippeeeeeeeee!
                        So happy for you!

Double TT

Summer S.
                        Participant
                          OMG fantastic news

I am so so happy for you

I wish you a long long happy healthy life

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics