The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still Wearing My NED Badge!

Forums General Melanoma Community Still Wearing My NED Badge!

Participant

Hello friends!

I wanted to update that my CT and brain MRI on Monday were very unremarkable! *NED dance*

Another 6 months of "regular" life ahead… well, sorta… in 3 weeks I will have surgery to repair a torn meniscus and remove a cyst it created in my right knee, so that's not going to be too fun. I'll be stuck at home recovering on disability… it's funny because I never had to go on disability or take much time off during all the melanoma madness. Hopefully after healing and rehab I'll be in a lot less pain!

Sending good vibes to you all as always

Happy Friday 🙂

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Coragirl
        Participant

So HAPPY for you Jenn! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating and good luck with your surgery.

guynamedbilly
          Participant

Congratulations that's always great to hear!

bjeans
            Participant

Beyond wonderful! Except not the knee so much.

And your dog looks so much like our dog (who passed away) – at least the head/face. From what I can see your dog’s legs are much longer. Anyway, I’m a fan. 

Beth

jennunicorn
                Participant

Cooper is a 15lb mutt and a huge reason I've been able to stay sane through all this 🙂 Thank you

BillB
                Participant

Congrats, great news!

Bill

GeoTony
                  Participant

Great news Jenn

rainrrr
                    Participant

Great news! Wishing a quick recovery for your upcoming procedures

Bubbles
                      Participant

AWESOME!!  And…sorry bout the knee!!  Hopefully it will heal quickly and you'll be off to the races!!  Celeste

iskitwo
                        Participant

Great News!!

AMcReader
                          Participant

Such wonderful news!! Enjoy that NED dance! 

ed williams
                            Participant

Hi Jenn, as an ex athlete (long time ago) with several knee surgeries in the bag, your best friend will be ice and more ice. They have these cooler system(cryo cuff pads) where you can keep ice water in it and it connects by a hose to knee ice water holder that allows you to move while icing. https://www.orthomed.ca/store/cold-therapy/cryo-cuff-pads

jennunicorn
                                Participant

Thanks for the link Ed! I remember my brother using one of those after his ACL surgery… if he wasn't many states away I would be borrowing his. 

DZnDef
                                Participant

Fantastic news, Jenn!  Congratulations on those scans.  Hope you heal quickly with that knee.

Cheers!

Maggie

Mark_DC
                                  Participant

Well done Jenn and thanks for checking in!

Hope the surgery will not be too bad – how long do they think you will be off work? Its ironic that you have to take time off for your knee more than for melanoma. Hope you have plenty of books and films lined up – and I hope some crutches alternatives (I am hopeless with these no upper arm strength)

good luck and great news too

mark

jennunicorn
                                      Participant

Thanks Mark!

I'll be off for 4-6 weeks. I work in a medical office so I've been practicing with crutches at work and I am terrible at it, haha. It's my right knee so no driving for quite a while… definitely going to catch up on some Netflix and crochet projects while I'm stuck at home.

Casitas1
                                      Participant
                                        Great news! I get it about the knee. I’ve had both done 1 pre Mel and 1 post Mel. I must admit everything medical related (knee, colonoscopy,dentist) is a piece of cake after Mel. after I had my right knee done I was driving two days later. Hoping all goes well. Best, Paul

Hooray for NED.  Good wishes for a speedy recovery with the knee surgery.  I hope all continues to go well for you.

Jennifer

TexMelanomex
                                        Participant

Right on Jenn! I was in Vegas doing a NED dance of my own. So happy to hear that everything is still good. Warrior On Jenn, warrior on!!!!

Sam33
                                          Participant

Amazing news! Very big congratulations 🙂

BrianP
                                            Participant

Rock on Jenn!

Hope you can enjoy your down time!  I wouldn't mind some of that right now (minus the surgery!)

Brian

Sharon93065
                                              Participant

Thank you Jenn for giving us all hope!  I was stage 4 metastatic melanoma over a year ago!  I am still here!

Sharon

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics