The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still on Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Still on Zelboraf

Participant

Well, after a worrying six weeks, I have my eyes fixed on crossing the “3 year on Zelboraf” hurdle (March 3, 2013).  After the hiccups caused by hurricane Sandy, I had my blood tested locally and with my bilirubin back in line, I was placed on 720 mg 2x per day starting on November 7th.  I had clean scans on December 3rd, continued good blood work on December 5th, and I am continuing on Zelboraf at 720 mg 2x per day and into my 34th month on Zelboraf.  No more scans or tests until next year.

Well, after a worrying six weeks, I have my eyes fixed on crossing the “3 year on Zelboraf” hurdle (March 3, 2013).  After the hiccups caused by hurricane Sandy, I had my blood tested locally and with my bilirubin back in line, I was placed on 720 mg 2x per day starting on November 7th.  I had clean scans on December 3rd, continued good blood work on December 5th, and I am continuing on Zelboraf at 720 mg 2x per day and into my 34th month on Zelboraf.  No more scans or tests until next year.

On another matter, I had a PSA last week and my urologist does not think I need another prostate biopsy for six months; it is a very slow cancer.

Dick

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

I am glad to see this update, I had been wondering how everything went considering the delay from hurricane Sandy. Really glad to hear that you are doing so well 🙂

Tina D
          Participant

I am glad to see this update, I had been wondering how everything went considering the delay from hurricane Sandy. Really glad to hear that you are doing so well 🙂

Tina D
            Participant

POW
              Participant

Good for you, Dick! You keep on going, ya hear?! And keep posting too. I just love reading about your success. 

POW
                Participant

Good for you, Dick! You keep on going, ya hear?! And keep posting too. I just love reading about your success. 

POW
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

Good to see you are back on "Z".It is always uplifting to read your posts.Stories like yours are what we need to see on this  site.You bring hope to so many.All the best.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Good to see you are back on "Z".It is always uplifting to read your posts.Stories like yours are what we need to see on this  site.You bring hope to so many.All the best.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

Linny
                          Participant

Hi Dick!

You certainly are the poster boy for Zelboraf! I'm sp happy to see this update and that you're doing well. I hope your doctors are documenting your treatment in detail so they can figure out what you're doing right.

Linny
                            Participant

Hi Dick!

You certainly are the poster boy for Zelboraf! I'm sp happy to see this update and that you're doing well. I hope your doctors are documenting your treatment in detail so they can figure out what you're doing right.

Linny
                              Participant

Hi Dick!

H555
                                Participant
                                  I was just thinking about you. Had a few days in the hospital with what was probably radiation cystitis from radiation 5 years ago. Not fun but more annoying than life threatening. I’m retraining my bladder after the worlds largest catheter. I make really big clots…. I’d forgotten that transition. My psa rise has also been slow since jumping back into Mel land. I’m glad you’re out there setting the pace. It helps a lot when I get discouraged to know how we’ll you’re doing. Thank you for giving us Zel people know its possible.
                                  H555
                                  Participant
                                    I was just thinking about you. Had a few days in the hospital with what was probably radiation cystitis from radiation 5 years ago. Not fun but more annoying than life threatening. I’m retraining my bladder after the worlds largest catheter. I make really big clots…. I’d forgotten that transition. My psa rise has also been slow since jumping back into Mel land. I’m glad you’re out there setting the pace. It helps a lot when I get discouraged to know how we’ll you’re doing. Thank you for giving us Zel people know its possible.
                                    H555
                                    Participant
                                      Bruce Davis
                                      Participant
                                        Wishing you continued success with your fight against cancer.
                                        When I see your posts, I feel like we’re getting advice from an upper-class men. Thanks for taking the time to post and for letting us know what is possible with Zelboraf.
                                        Best wishes always, Bruce
                                        Bruce Davis
                                        Participant
                                          When I see your posts, I feel like we’re getting advice from an upper-class men. Thanks for taking the time to post and for letting us know what is possible with Zelboraf.
                                          Bruce Davis
                                          Participant
                                            DeniseK
                                            Participant

Hi Dick,

I am so encouraged to read your posts and your continued success.  When I'm feeling down I go to your profile and read about your battle and it really gives me hope.  I think I have analyzed every aspect of your treatment and to figure out what you did and continue to do right.  I am so happy for you and your family. 

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and many more to come!! 

Denise

DeniseK
                                              Participant

Hi Dick,

I am so encouraged to read your posts and your continued success.  When I'm feeling down I go to your profile and read about your battle and it really gives me hope.  I think I have analyzed every aspect of your treatment and to figure out what you did and continue to do right.  I am so happy for you and your family. 

Denise

DeniseK
                                                Participant

Hi Dick,

Denise

triciad
                                                  Participant

Dick,

This was a beautiful way to wake up today.  I'm so happy for your good news.  Tis the season to celebrate your continued success and toast to many, many more!  Congratulations!

Tricia

triciad
                                                    Participant

Dick,

This was a beautiful way to wake up today.  I'm so happy for your good news.  Tis the season to celebrate your continued success and toast to many, many more!  Congratulations!

Tricia

Snickers60
                                                        Participant

WAY TO GO, DICK !   You are a ZEL INSPIRATION for all of us on it.    Dr. B. just told Wayne last week that if his Pets continue to be clean at the one year mark – JUNE 2013 – they will actually consider taking him off Zel and SEE what happens. I'm not sure about the studies behind that, but that is the treatment plan for now.    Still on 4 tabs 2 X D now.   

Always good to hear from you and get this fabulous encourgement ! 

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne) 

Snickers60
                                                          Participant

WAY TO GO, DICK !   You are a ZEL INSPIRATION for all of us on it.    Dr. B. just told Wayne last week that if his Pets continue to be clean at the one year mark – JUNE 2013 – they will actually consider taking him off Zel and SEE what happens. I'm not sure about the studies behind that, but that is the treatment plan for now.    Still on 4 tabs 2 X D now.   

Snickers60
                                                            Participant

triciad
                                                            Participant

Dick,

Tricia

awillett1991
                                                              Participant
                                                                Great news Dick, congratulations and thanks for posting!
                                                                awillett1991
                                                                Participant
                                                                  awillett1991
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    bigb0624
                                                                    Participant

Dick,

You are my hero!  I have been on it for 4 months and so far so good.  I want to be like you and not have to go on IPPI.

Continued all the best.

Big B

bigb0624
                                                                      Participant

Dick,

You are my hero!  I have been on it for 4 months and so far so good.  I want to be like you and not have to go on IPPI.

Continued all the best.

Big B

bigb0624
                                                                        Participant

Dick,

Continued all the best.

Big B

fdess056
                                                                          Participant

So glad things are working out for you, Dick.  The hospitals here in New York are still closed to in patients but seem to be gradually getting back some services. I'm approaching 5 months on zel and hope to be able to duplicate your success.  Thanks for posting.  You give us all hope.  have a great, healthy  holiday season

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
                                                                            Participant

So glad things are working out for you, Dick.  The hospitals here in New York are still closed to in patients but seem to be gradually getting back some services. I'm approaching 5 months on zel and hope to be able to duplicate your success.  Thanks for posting.  You give us all hope.  have a great, healthy  holiday season

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
                                                                              Participant

FrankD Brooklyn

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics