The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting round two of IL-2 today.

Forums General Melanoma Community Starting round two of IL-2 today.

Participant

Good thoughts, prayers, stories and vibes would be greatly appreciated this week. I hear the second week is worse by far. But I'm ready, I kind of know what to expect as far as the hospital, treatment and side effects go. So hoping to use that to my advantage. Also, my mom flew in last week and she'll be here to keep me company until Wednesday, and a mothers love is, well, to me, is pure and unabashed, and it's great to have her here. I hope all is going well for everyone. Let's keep our heads up. Keep learning and progressing towards positive outcomes. One day at a time.

Good thoughts, prayers, stories and vibes would be greatly appreciated this week. I hear the second week is worse by far. But I'm ready, I kind of know what to expect as far as the hospital, treatment and side effects go. So hoping to use that to my advantage. Also, my mom flew in last week and she'll be here to keep me company until Wednesday, and a mothers love is, well, to me, is pure and unabashed, and it's great to have her here. I hope all is going well for everyone. Let's keep our heads up. Keep learning and progressing towards positive outcomes. One day at a time. I'll talk to you all soon. -Kevin

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        ValinMtl
        Participant

Hi Kevin, definitely sending all kinds of prayers, good vibes et al your way. I'm so happy to here that your mom will be there!  Nothing like a mother's love and comfort!  You go kill that nasty beast!!!   Val xx

ValinMtl
          Participant

Hi Kevin, definitely sending all kinds of prayers, good vibes et al your way. I'm so happy to here that your mom will be there!  Nothing like a mother's love and comfort!  You go kill that nasty beast!!!   Val xx

LizzM
              Participant

Kevin, I noticed you were from Atlanta. Are you doing IL-2 at Emory with Dr. Lawson? If so, you are in great hands with the nurses there. They really know how to handle the side effects well. Glad your mom can be with you this time!

Goiod luck to you ~ Liz

LizzM
                Participant

Whoops. sorry! I got you mixed up with another Kevin. I didn't read close enough. 🙂

Hope IL2 goes well for you this round.

~~Liz

LizzM
                  Participant

Whoops. sorry! I got you mixed up with another Kevin. I didn't read close enough. 🙂

Hope IL2 goes well for you this round.

~~Liz

LizzM
                    Participant

Kevin, I noticed you were from Atlanta. Are you doing IL-2 at Emory with Dr. Lawson? If so, you are in great hands with the nurses there. They really know how to handle the side effects well. Glad your mom can be with you this time!

Goiod luck to you ~ Liz

jag
                    Participant

Good Luck Kevin!

jag
                      Participant

Good Luck Kevin!

joy_
                        Participant

Just said a prayer for you.  Enjoy having mom around for the next couple of days.

Tracy

wife to Bill, stage IIIc

joy_
                          Participant

Just said a prayer for you.  Enjoy having mom around for the next couple of days.

Tracy

wife to Bill, stage IIIc

Rebecca and Bob
                            Participant

Kevin,

Thinking of you and your family and sending prayers your way. The second time is always harder, my husband only did 4 bags the second time his blood pressure gave out. Don't freak to much if things get bigger, my husband had a lymph node suddenly popping out that went flat.

Good luck to you,

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                              Participant

Kevin,

Thinking of you and your family and sending prayers your way. The second time is always harder, my husband only did 4 bags the second time his blood pressure gave out. Don't freak to much if things get bigger, my husband had a lymph node suddenly popping out that went flat.

Good luck to you,

Rebecca

SandraDee
                                Participant

You got it, Kevin. Good thoughts coming and into my prayer list you go!   Week 2…..just go in knowing it's working and also knowing that you will have a nice little break coming up!!!  I would say 1 day at a time, but I rememeber counting down the days while in the hospital, and that didn't seem to make them go by very quickly.  Take it as you can, Kevin.  They'll only give you what you can take, and that will be good enough! 

Hang tough, buddy!  It's a long bumpy road, but guess what????  I'm 2 years out from IL-2, and I've had and continue to have some very blessed, bright and enriched days, weeks months, etc.  It's worth it, Kevin!  Go for the Gold!!!

Huge Support!

Sandy – Buffalo

SandraDee
                                  Participant

You got it, Kevin. Good thoughts coming and into my prayer list you go!   Week 2…..just go in knowing it's working and also knowing that you will have a nice little break coming up!!!  I would say 1 day at a time, but I rememeber counting down the days while in the hospital, and that didn't seem to make them go by very quickly.  Take it as you can, Kevin.  They'll only give you what you can take, and that will be good enough! 

Hang tough, buddy!  It's a long bumpy road, but guess what????  I'm 2 years out from IL-2, and I've had and continue to have some very blessed, bright and enriched days, weeks months, etc.  It's worth it, Kevin!  Go for the Gold!!!

Huge Support!

Sandy – Buffalo

lhaley
                                    Participant

Sending good vibes and lots of hugs.  So glad your mom can be with you.

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

Sending good vibes and lots of hugs.  So glad your mom can be with you.

Linda

Fen
                                        Participant

Will be thinking of you, Kevin, and praying that the week goes as well as it can. I'm sure having your mom here will help.

Fen
                                          Participant

Will be thinking of you, Kevin, and praying that the week goes as well as it can. I'm sure having your mom here will help.

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Kevin, wishing you the best of luck and I'm glad your mom will be with you too.

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                                                Participant

Kevin, wishing you the best of luck and I'm glad your mom will be with you too.

Vermont_Donna

chrisS
                                                Participant
                                                  We’re right here with you buddy. Melissa blew up like a balloon after the first dose this time. It was strange. She’s also really, really itchy tonight and a lot more nauseous. Thankfully we have some nice lotions and some good stuff for her eye lids this time. Her parents come in tomorrow too so she’ll get some parental love. Halfway through, hang in there!
                                                    himynameiskevin
                                                    Participant

Yea this round was a lot worse. The itching was insane. I also had rigors twice and a couple dry heaves, Vivid dreams were comommon. They just decided to stop me after my 11th dose. Because of my high reparatory rate. I really wanted to make it to 14 again. But I'm sure Dr Daniels know what's best. So now I just wait, wait for that good possible outcome. Ih ope the best of luck to you and your wife. Hang in there and take care. Feel free to keep me updated. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                                      Participant

Yea this round was a lot worse. The itching was insane. I also had rigors twice and a couple dry heaves, Vivid dreams were comommon. They just decided to stop me after my 11th dose. Because of my high reparatory rate. I really wanted to make it to 14 again. But I'm sure Dr Daniels know what's best. So now I just wait, wait for that good possible outcome. Ih ope the best of luck to you and your wife. Hang in there and take care. Feel free to keep me updated. -Kevin

chrisS
                                                        Participant
                                                          Overall def herder this time for her. One case of rigors at the beginning of the week. And still super itchy and peeling everywhere. They stopped her at 11 doses also due 130+ bpm for a few hours during thursday night. She said she thought her heart was going to explode. She also had a low blood pressure episode earlier that day. Up all night last night with bad dreams but she is finally sleeping tonight. You guys will be back to normal in a few days then get to enjoy a whole month! Good luck on the scans
                                                          chrisS
                                                          Participant
                                                            Overall def herder this time for her. One case of rigors at the beginning of the week. And still super itchy and peeling everywhere. They stopped her at 11 doses also due 130+ bpm for a few hours during thursday night. She said she thought her heart was going to explode. She also had a low blood pressure episode earlier that day. Up all night last night with bad dreams but she is finally sleeping tonight. You guys will be back to normal in a few days then get to enjoy a whole month! Good luck on the scans
                                                            chrisS
                                                            Participant
                                                              chrisS
                                                              Participant
                                                              chrisS
                                                              Participant
                                                                We’re right here with you buddy. Melissa blew up like a balloon after the first dose this time. It was strange. She’s also really, really itchy tonight and a lot more nauseous. Thankfully we have some nice lotions and some good stuff for her eye lids this time. Her parents come in tomorrow too so she’ll get some parental love. Halfway through, hang in there!

My prayers, love and light go out to you as you begin this second round. 

May you feel the peace of God as you march through this week.

Blessings to you,

Shelly in SW (Switzerland)

Laurie from maine
                                                                  Participant

I am so glad for you and your mom that she is coming and gets to be with you and do what a mom wants to do best which is help her children.  You and your family are in my prayers.  Stay strong!  Take care and keep us posted.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                    Participant

I am so glad for you and your mom that she is coming and gets to be with you and do what a mom wants to do best which is help her children.  You and your family are in my prayers.  Stay strong!  Take care and keep us posted.

laurie from maine

My prayers, love and light go out to you as you begin this second round. 

May you feel the peace of God as you march through this week.

Blessings to you,

Shelly in SW (Switzerland)

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics