The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Start Keytruda Wed

Forums General Melanoma Community Start Keytruda Wed

Participant

Hey everyone

So I am currently on Xgeva injetins fo my bone mets.  And I just finished Yervoy.

Had TAF / MEK Jan – Jun (failed in June and i went downward fast) 

Ipi Aug – Sept 

2 rounds of radiation (brain spots and abdomin) over the summer.

Start Keytruda  on Wed 

Thinking this is the last treatment

pretty darn scared.

Matt

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        s wife
        Participant

Dear Matt,

I know you are scared, but remember Keytruda could be the treatment that works for you, so don't give up hope!

also, remember a lot of people are thinking of you and keeping you in their prayers.

Sending you many positive thoughts in these difficult times. Hang in there!

Susannah

s wife
          Participant

Dear Matt,

I know you are scared, but remember Keytruda could be the treatment that works for you, so don't give up hope!

also, remember a lot of people are thinking of you and keeping you in their prayers.

Susannah

s wife
            Participant

Dear Matt,

Susannah

Mat
              Participant

Matt, wishing you the best as you get started on pembro.  Let's go with the working assumption that you're a forty percent-er!

Mat
                Participant

Matt, wishing you the best as you get started on pembro.  Let's go with the working assumption that you're a forty percent-er!

Mat
                  Participant

jualonso
                    Participant

Hi Matt,

I hope keytruda is going to work for you.

Did you have any response to Ipi ?

How was the treatment period?

It can help to people like me that we are following the same path as you

Thanks and good luck

Jualonso

jualonso
                      Participant

Hi Matt,

Thanks and good luck

Jualonso

jualonso
                        Participant

Hi Matt,

Thanks and good luck

Jualonso

jbronicki
                          Participant

Good luck Matt, I'm keeping this thought in my mind:  It just takes one treatment to work, that's all!  Many many prayers and good thoughts for you.

jbronicki
                            Participant

Good luck Matt, I'm keeping this thought in my mind:  It just takes one treatment to work, that's all!  Many many prayers and good thoughts for you.

jbronicki
                              Participant

arthurjedi007
                                  Participant

Absolutely Jackie.

I've been there Matt. Zelboraf, Ipi, Taf/Mek. All those medicines failed me at their very first scan. Keytruda I started on May 21st. I got my 1st scan on August 13th. I really didn't believe the medicine was doing anything although I felt about the same as when I started and everyone said I looked better. And 19 tumors shrinking was fantastic. Yeah 4 stayed the same and 7 continued to grow. But finally a medicine that is working at least some for me. Got 3 of the growing ones radiated and they were questiong 2 of the others if they were really growing or not. So on Nov 4th I get my next scan.

So yeah Matt just hang in there and keep fighting. Try to stay as strong as you can. As you know every day can sometimes be a battle with the physical stuff we fight as well as our thoughts.

In my opinion Keytruda is the best medicine for me. In many ways I'm stronger now than I was in May. So if I have to do Dr. Rosenberg's TIL I might actually make it through it. But for now Keytruda is for me and hopefully it works for you too.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                    Participant

Absolutely Jackie.

I've been there Matt. Zelboraf, Ipi, Taf/Mek. All those medicines failed me at their very first scan. Keytruda I started on May 21st. I got my 1st scan on August 13th. I really didn't believe the medicine was doing anything although I felt about the same as when I started and everyone said I looked better. And 19 tumors shrinking was fantastic. Yeah 4 stayed the same and 7 continued to grow. But finally a medicine that is working at least some for me. Got 3 of the growing ones radiated and they were questiong 2 of the others if they were really growing or not. So on Nov 4th I get my next scan.

So yeah Matt just hang in there and keep fighting. Try to stay as strong as you can. As you know every day can sometimes be a battle with the physical stuff we fight as well as our thoughts.

In my opinion Keytruda is the best medicine for me. In many ways I'm stronger now than I was in May. So if I have to do Dr. Rosenberg's TIL I might actually make it through it. But for now Keytruda is for me and hopefully it works for you too.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                      Participant

Absolutely Jackie.

Artie

Fen
                                      Participant

Wednesday is tomorrow, Matt!!  So glad you don't have to wait and I'm sending huge giant positive thoughts that this is the treatment that does it.    Fen

Fen
                                        Participant

Wednesday is tomorrow, Matt!!  So glad you don't have to wait and I'm sending huge giant positive thoughts that this is the treatment that does it.    Fen

Fen
                                          Participant

MattF
                                            Participant

thk you ll so much.

little info…i urrently hve about 7 mets in my bones….7 in my brain….a few soft tissue a few in liver and lungs.

I had 6 month response to TAF/MEK…when it failed I went down fast

Ipi seemed o help on aboout the 2nd infusion….and while the Dr knows it may have helped….as I finished Ipi he thinks I need to start Keytruda right away.

So i like that im getting i…scared about if and ow long i respond etc…all the normal r=thigs that still scare ya.

BrianP
                                                Participant

Good luck today Matt. I'll be thinking about you as I get my infusion as well. My first 12 week scan showed reduction. I think that's pretty normal for responders so I think you can expect quick results if you are a responder. I'll pray that you are. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                  Participant

Good luck today Matt. I'll be thinking about you as I get my infusion as well. My first 12 week scan showed reduction. I think that's pretty normal for responders so I think you can expect quick results if you are a responder. I'll pray that you are. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                    Participant

Brian

MattF
                                                    Participant

thk you ll so much.

little info…i urrently hve about 7 mets in my bones….7 in my brain….a few soft tissue a few in liver and lungs.

Ipi seemed o help on aboout the 2nd infusion….and while the Dr knows it may have helped….as I finished Ipi he thinks I need to start Keytruda right away.

So i like that im getting i…scared about if and ow long i respond etc…all the normal r=thigs that still scare ya.

MattF
                                                      Participant

thk you ll so much.

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

Hey Matt,

Hang in there!!  Wishing you my best today!!  Celeste

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

Hey Matt,

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

Hey Matt,

kpcollins31
                                                              Participant

Hang in there, Matt. Maybe this will be the silver bullet.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                  Participant

Kevin

braunerk
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      I hope it is the silver bullet for you I start Keytruda next week also and am hoping it is a silver bullet for myself.
                                                                      braunerk
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        I hope it is the silver bullet for you I start Keytruda next week also and am hoping it is a silver bullet for myself.
                                                                        braunerk
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          kalisama
                                                                          Participant

Wishing you the very best and hoping first treatment went well. An ironic thing to say, but from where I stand I find you fortunate to have Keytruda as an option. I am still clawing my way through ipi to get to it.

I have my second ipi infusion this Tuesday, and my only question and goal is how long and what is it going to take to get me to the Keytruda!

Best of health to you, may this be the one!

Blessings,
                                                                            kali

kalisama
                                                                            Participant

Wishing you the very best and hoping first treatment went well. An ironic thing to say, but from where I stand I find you fortunate to have Keytruda as an option. I am still clawing my way through ipi to get to it.

I have my second ipi infusion this Tuesday, and my only question and goal is how long and what is it going to take to get me to the Keytruda!

Blessings,
                                                                              kali

kalisama
                                                                              Participant

Blessings,
                                                                                kali

MattF
                                                                                Participant

thanks

so the actual infusion is 30 min and went well. i had a dr apt a blood daw and an Xgeva shot all at the same tim so it was fun.

as a side note I should mention the night before my 1st treatment I had a small siezure….

left sided….arm…hand….face head an neck…….since then i have lost a little movement in my left hand. Really te hnd and arm have been weaker and soar since the siezure (which is same time as keytruda and same time as xgeva shot in my left arm…so im kind o guessing its the siezure that messed with motion control.

otherwise just fatigue folllowing inusion.

Matt

MattF
                                                                                  Participant

thanks

so the actual infusion is 30 min and went well. i had a dr apt a blood daw and an Xgeva shot all at the same tim so it was fun.

as a side note I should mention the night before my 1st treatment I had a small siezure….

left sided….arm…hand….face head an neck…….since then i have lost a little movement in my left hand. Really te hnd and arm have been weaker and soar since the siezure (which is same time as keytruda and same time as xgeva shot in my left arm…so im kind o guessing its the siezure that messed with motion control.

Matt

casagrayson
                                                                                      Participant

Hang in there, Matt!

casagrayson
                                                                                        Participant

Hang in there, Matt!

casagrayson
                                                                                          Participant

Hang in there, Matt!

MattF
                                                                                          Participant

thanks

Matt

rick1981
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Matt, how are you doing? Did you have your 2nd and 3rd infusion already? Hoping for good news!

rick1981
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Matt, how are you doing? Did you have your 2nd and 3rd infusion already? Hoping for good news!

rick1981
                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics