The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV – Another Year NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV – Another Year NED

Participant

Just checking in with the community to provide hope in the New Year.  My husband Ken continues to be cancer free, will be 7 years NED from Stage IV this June!  Ken has been enjoying a normal cancerfree life with only a yearly chest xray and bloodwork as a reminder of his status.  You can have a lasting remission from stage IV melanoma – there is always hope! 

All of Ken's info is in our profile, but as always feel free to email us with any questions or for support.

Just checking in with the community to provide hope in the New Year.  My husband Ken continues to be cancer free, will be 7 years NED from Stage IV this June!  Ken has been enjoying a normal cancerfree life with only a yearly chest xray and bloodwork as a reminder of his status.  You can have a lasting remission from stage IV melanoma – there is always hope! 

All of Ken's info is in our profile, but as always feel free to email us with any questions or for support.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and hope-filled 2012! 

Erica & Ken heart

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

Erica and Ken, thank you so much for your post!!!!!  I am thrilled for you guys and also thrilled that there is cause for hope.  Keep it up.  You two are great cheerleaders!!!

Congratulations and Happy 2012!

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

Erica and Ken, thank you so much for your post!!!!!  I am thrilled for you guys and also thrilled that there is cause for hope.  Keep it up.  You two are great cheerleaders!!!

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

benp
              Participant

Congrats! And thank you for the inspiration!

Ben (from Sydney).

benp
                Participant

Ben (from Sydney).

benp
                  Participant

Ben (from Sydney).

lhaley
                    Participant

Wonderful news!

linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Wonderful news!

linda

lhaley
                        Participant

Wonderful news!

linda

jag
                          Participant

Thank you Erica!  Stories like yours give patients lots of hope.  If your picture is current, I am very glad to see you both doing well.

God Bless.

John

jag
                            Participant

Thank you Erica!  Stories like yours give patients lots of hope.  If your picture is current, I am very glad to see you both doing well.

God Bless.

John

jag
                              Participant

God Bless.

John

KRob
                                Participant

Fantastic! Many blessings for many more years NED!

Karen

KRob
                                  Participant

Karen

KRob
                                    Participant

Karen

panda
                                      Participant

Wow your story is very touching. Congratulations. My dad passed away with stage four melanoma bone cancer of spine a year and half ago. He was a very brave man up until the end. And i got my moles checked due to him having it…. It seems to be in our gene pool. and jan last year, i had a stage II melanoma (clarks stage ii ) removed from my back…. Thankyou to him, i discovered it… I am now so aware of this terrible disease and it is so nice to read success stories. You both must be very happy

Felicity x

panda
                                        Participant

Wow your story is very touching. Congratulations. My dad passed away with stage four melanoma bone cancer of spine a year and half ago. He was a very brave man up until the end. And i got my moles checked due to him having it…. It seems to be in our gene pool. and jan last year, i had a stage II melanoma (clarks stage ii ) removed from my back…. Thankyou to him, i discovered it… I am now so aware of this terrible disease and it is so nice to read success stories. You both must be very happy

Felicity x

panda
                                          Participant

Felicity x

davidfromsingapore
                                            Participant

Congratulations to you both.  I am at the beginning of what I hoep to be 7 years of NED.  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                              Participant

Congratulations to you both.  I am at the beginning of what I hoep to be 7 years of NED.  

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                Participant

David

boot2aboot
                                                  Participant

Miracles can happen and it's nice to know some MM's go away sometimes forever…what do you think caused your husband's NED? IL2?

boots

boot2aboot
                                                    Participant

Miracles can happen and it's nice to know some MM's go away sometimes forever…what do you think caused your husband's NED? IL2?

boots

boot2aboot
                                                      Participant

boots

boot2aboot
                                                        Participant

boots

boot2aboot
                                                          Participant

boots

boot2aboot
                                                            Participant

boots

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics