The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV – 10 yrs later – still here!

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV – 10 yrs later – still here!

Participant

-August 11, 2005 I was told I had cancer.  3 weeks later at a 2nd opinion I was told I had Stage IV.  Fast forward 10 years later and I'm NED.  Details on treatments, etc under my PATNET log.  It's been a long trip, but I'm still so very glad to be here.  Hope and good vibes to all in the fight, their care givers, families and friends.  And many, many thanks to the skill and compassion of the doctors, Physician's Assistants, nurses, and staff at Dana Farber in Boston!

Hang in there!

– Rocco, IV in 2005, IPI responder in 2008, NED since 2009

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Eileensulliv
        Participant

Congratulations, Rocco! That's wonderful news! Here's to many more years NED!

Eileensulliv
          Participant

Eileensulliv
            Participant

Bubbles
              Participant

Wonderful!!!  Celeste

Bubbles
                Participant

Wonderful!!!  Celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Wonderful!!!  Celeste

KMick
                    Participant

Awesome!  We all need to hear this and appreciate you sharing it.  Thank you so very much.

KMick
                      Participant

Awesome!  We all need to hear this and appreciate you sharing it.  Thank you so very much.

KMick
                        Participant

JoshF
                          Participant

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Inspirational and gives hope!

Josh

JoshF
                            Participant

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Josh

Jubes
                                Participant

10 years!!! Amazing.

Jubes
                                  Participant

10 years!!! Amazing.

Jubes
                                    Participant

10 years!!! Amazing.

kpcollins31
                                      Participant

Congratulations – great news!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                        Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                          Participant

Kevin

dentholla
                                            Participant

Congrats!

dentholla
                                              Participant

Congrats!

dentholla
                                                Participant

Congrats!

DZnDef
                                                  Participant

Rocco – EXCELLENT update!  Thanks so much for posting.  And thanks also for keeping such a detailed account of your journey under your account name.  It was a great read.  I want to be you when I grow up (NED!)  Congratulations!

DZnDef
                                                    Participant

Rocco – EXCELLENT update!  Thanks so much for posting.  And thanks also for keeping such a detailed account of your journey under your account name.  It was a great read.  I want to be you when I grow up (NED!)  Congratulations!

DZnDef
                                                      Participant

davekarrie
                                                          Participant

Rocco,

Awesome, i hope to be NED as well and 10 years later is great!! Keep it up!

davekarrie
                                                            Participant

Rocco,

davekarrie
                                                              Participant

Rocco,

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics