The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4 husband NED almost 8 years now!

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4 husband NED almost 8 years now!

Participant

Rarely on, but since I am I wanted to continue my tradition of positng positive melanoma news.  My husband, Ken, is a stage 4 survivor and cancer free 8 years this June!!!  There is always hope and people do make it to the other side.  As always, feel free to contact me (wife Erica) for any reason. 

Rarely on, but since I am I wanted to continue my tradition of positng positive melanoma news.  My husband, Ken, is a stage 4 survivor and cancer free 8 years this June!!!  There is always hope and people do make it to the other side.  As always, feel free to contact me (wife Erica) for any reason. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hstevens0072
        Participant
          I’m so happy for you both! I just started Ipilimumab today and stories like this really give me hope. Thank you for posting.
          Hstevens0072
          Participant
            I’m so happy for you both! I just started Ipilimumab today and stories like this really give me hope. Thank you for posting.
            Hstevens0072
            Participant
              JoshF
              Participant

Erica-

I'm so happy to hear that!!!! Sounds like Ken had a rough road getting to NED and now 8 years…that's just great. I have my scans tomorrow and this would put me 1yr 9 months NED if all clear. Wishing Ken a lifetime of NED…all the best!!!

Josh

randallgford
                  Participant

So happy for you and family. We jus got stage 4 diag 1 week ago and are reeling.

My hubby has the best attitude tho and reading posts like this will get me there

as well. All the best!! I wil look look up your profile and see how you got there.

Thanks for posting and giving us all more hope!! You are doing a real service

by keeping in touch.

Vicki, Randall's wife

randallgford
                    Participant

So happy for you and family. We jus got stage 4 diag 1 week ago and are reeling.

My hubby has the best attitude tho and reading posts like this will get me there

as well. All the best!! I wil look look up your profile and see how you got there.

by keeping in touch.

Vicki, Randall's wife

randallgford
                      Participant

by keeping in touch.

Vicki, Randall's wife

JoshF
                      Participant

Erica-

I'm so happy to hear that!!!! Sounds like Ken had a rough road getting to NED and now 8 years…that's just great. I have my scans tomorrow and this would put me 1yr 9 months NED if all clear. Wishing Ken a lifetime of NED…all the best!!!

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Erica-

Josh

triciad
                          Participant

Congratulations!  It's stories like these that keep us all going.  Prayers for continuted success!

triciad
                            Participant

Congratulations!  It's stories like these that keep us all going.  Prayers for continuted success!

triciad
                              Participant

Beezer
                                Participant

Well done you guys. Erica thankyou for posting your message these are needed so much on this site. Would you mind me asking if it is not too personal, but does your husband avoid the sun totally, or does he get his healthy amount for vitamin d. Thanking you.

Beezer
                                  Participant

Well done you guys. Erica thankyou for posting your message these are needed so much on this site. Would you mind me asking if it is not too personal, but does your husband avoid the sun totally, or does he get his healthy amount for vitamin d. Thanking you.

Beezer
                                    Participant

Tina D
                                      Participant

Very encouraging and wonderful news. Thank you SO much for being faithful to drop in and offer an update! Stories like his encourage those of us in the battle ๐Ÿ™‚  . Congratualtions on this wonderful blessing!

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Very encouraging and wonderful news. Thank you SO much for being faithful to drop in and offer an update! Stories like his encourage those of us in the battle ๐Ÿ™‚  . Congratualtions on this wonderful blessing!

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics