The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stable and Holding

Forums General Melanoma Community Stable and Holding

Participant

Just got my third 12 week scan in a row with the two key phases "Grossly stable" and "no new metastasis".  Not sure why they use the term "grossly stable".  I think "awesomely stable" is a better description.

For a quick recap, I started last August in a Nivo/Ipi/Nivo sequential trial with 4 cm and 3 cm nodes around the liver area.  After 12 weeks of Nivo the two nodes were about 40% smaller.  After the next 12 weeks of Ipi nodes were mostly unchanged but had numerous new mets in my lungs.  Ever since returning to nivo the lung mets have completely resolved and the two original nodes are holding steady.   

The durability reports of the anti-PD1 drugs gives me hope that I can stay this way for quite some time.  Not sure what will be next come August when the trial is scheduled to end.  I listen with great interest to those on the tip of the spear like Celeste and Laurie to see what they are hearing on that front.  Right now I'm just counting my blessings and so thankful for these new wonderful drug options.

Brian

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Awesome Brian πŸ™‚

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Awesome Brian πŸ™‚

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Awesome Brian πŸ™‚

Artie

Mat
              Participant

Brian, great news!  I appreciate the "mixed blessing" of stability (as I've been since early this year).  Still waiting for the report that says "no evidence of disease", but until then, stable is the next best thing.

Mat
                Participant

Brian, great news!  I appreciate the "mixed blessing" of stability (as I've been since early this year).  Still waiting for the report that says "no evidence of disease", but until then, stable is the next best thing.

Mat
                  Participant

ed williams
                    Participant

Great news Brian!!!! Stable is the new normal for PD-1 users. Wishing you continued grossly stable!!!!Ed

ed williams
                      Participant

Great news Brian!!!! Stable is the new normal for PD-1 users. Wishing you continued grossly stable!!!!Ed

ed williams
                        Participant

RJoeyB
                          Participant

Good to hear Brian.  I'm always reminding myself that while living scan-to-scan is hard, it's better than the alternative.  And as I've mentioned in other posts, aren't the adjectives great?  "Grossly stable."  My favorite is an MRI report that describes my brain as "unremarkable".  Wonderful in that context, but an insult in any other.  Enjoy your next 12 weeks, may they also be…  unremarkable πŸ˜‰

Joe

RJoeyB
                            Participant

Good to hear Brian.  I'm always reminding myself that while living scan-to-scan is hard, it's better than the alternative.  And as I've mentioned in other posts, aren't the adjectives great?  "Grossly stable."  My favorite is an MRI report that describes my brain as "unremarkable".  Wonderful in that context, but an insult in any other.  Enjoy your next 12 weeks, may they also be…  unremarkable πŸ˜‰

Joe

RJoeyB
                              Participant

Joe

Bubbles
                                Participant

Hee hee!!!  I KNOW you are awesomely stable!!!  Not sure how much I can tell folks…but I do try to pass on the latest stuff out there!  Folks like you and the others on these regimens will tell the tale for sure!!!!  And so far….you are telling a magnificent one!  Much love, celeste

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Hee hee!!!  I KNOW you are awesomely stable!!!  Not sure how much I can tell folks…but I do try to pass on the latest stuff out there!  Folks like you and the others on these regimens will tell the tale for sure!!!!  And so far….you are telling a magnificent one!  Much love, celeste

Bubbles
                                    Participant

tschmith
                                        Participant

Stable sounds great!  I know we would all love to hear NED and I think that maybe someday we will!  

Stay strong and keep fighting!

Terrie

tschmith
                                          Participant

Stable sounds great!  I know we would all love to hear NED and I think that maybe someday we will!  

Terrie

tschmith
                                            Participant

Terrie

LuckyMan51
                                            Participant

Wow. Great stuff. I love reading posts like this! Thanks for sharing.  

LuckyMan51
                                              Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                  Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                    Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                      Participant

jualonso
                                                        Participant

Congratulations, always good news no new met in scans.

Hang it there

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                          Participant

Hang it there

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                            Participant

Hang it there

Jualonso

Brendan
                                                                Participant

Great news, Brian.  Thanks for sharing.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                  Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                    Participant

Brendan

kpcollins31
                                                                    Participant

Congrats, Brian – great to hear!

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                      Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                        Participant

Kevin

sweetaugust
                                                                          Participant

Hi Brian!

WOW…So excited for you!!!  Excellent news!  Love hearing it.  πŸ™‚

I go in for treatment on Wednesday.  I will try and ask my doctors if my end date for the treatment (MK-3475) now changes due to the trial ending in August 2015.  They have not yet mentioned to me that August 2015 was the end date of the trial…so thank you for that bit of news.

As of Oct 31, 2012, I was to be in the trial for 2 years.  Then as of last November 2013, I signed a new contract that states "no end date" for treatment.   And the doctors were quite thrilled to tell me that I could be on MK-3475 for the rest of my life.  So I will be very interested to see if my trial contract now changes again…and how it changes my treatment plan.   I will update you all when I hear.

Much health and happiness to you all, Laurie

sweetaugust
                                                                            Participant

Hi Brian!

I go in for treatment on Wednesday.  I will try and ask my doctors if my end date for the treatment (MK-3475) now changes due to the trial ending in August 2015.  They have not yet mentioned to me that August 2015 was the end date of the trial…so thank you for that bit of news.

As of Oct 31, 2012, I was to be in the trial for 2 years.  Then as of last November 2013, I signed a new contract that states "no end date" for treatment.   And the doctors were quite thrilled to tell me that I could be on MK-3475 for the rest of my life.  So I will be very interested to see if my trial contract now changes again…and how it changes my treatment plan.   I will update you all when I hear.

sweetaugust
                                                                              Participant

Hi Brian!

BrianP
                                                                                  Participant

Hey Laurie,

The August 2015 date is only the scheduled end to my trial.  That will be the scheduled two year point just like your trial was originally scheduled to last 2 years.  Sorry for the confusion.  I'm always curious what your doctors tell you because I really don't know what the recommendation for me is going to be at that time.  You and Celeste are the only ones I know of that have completed the two years.  Her case was little different since I think her's was an adjuvant treatment so it makes since that she would stop at the end of the trial.  I'm hoping over the course of the next year they'll be more reports on folks like you who have completed the two years and are either NED or stable.  Good luck Wednesday.  I'm going in for my next treatment on Wednesday also.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                    Participant

That should be "sense" not "since"!

BrianP
                                                                                      Participant

BrianP
                                                                                        Participant

sweetaugust
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Brian,

I had just figured that since Pembro had been approved by the FDA, that maybe something changed, and it was now stated somewhere that the trial now had an end date.  I will still ask the doctors what their plan is, and has that changed now that the drug is approved.

Good luck at treatment tomorrow.   πŸ™‚  Laurie

sweetaugust
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Brian,

I had just figured that since Pembro had been approved by the FDA, that maybe something changed, and it was now stated somewhere that the trial now had an end date.  I will still ask the doctors what their plan is, and has that changed now that the drug is approved.

sweetaugust
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Brian,

BrianP
                                                                                                Participant

Hey Laurie,

The August 2015 date is only the scheduled end to my trial.  That will be the scheduled two year point just like your trial was originally scheduled to last 2 years.  Sorry for the confusion.  I'm always curious what your doctors tell you because I really don't know what the recommendation for me is going to be at that time.  You and Celeste are the only ones I know of that have completed the two years.  Her case was little different since I think her's was an adjuvant treatment so it makes since that she would stop at the end of the trial.  I'm hoping over the course of the next year they'll be more reports on folks like you who have completed the two years and are either NED or stable.  Good luck Wednesday.  I'm going in for my next treatment on Wednesday also.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                                  Participant

Hey Laurie,

Brian

DZnDef
                                                                                                  Participant

Woo Hoo!!  Congratulations Brian!  Fantastic news!  I am so very happy for you.  I hope it just keeps getting better and better for you from this point out.  Next time:  "Grossly smaller" mets.  Followed by "Grossly missing" mets…

Cheers – Maggie

Maureen038
                                                                                                      Participant

Brian,

I am so happy for you and your family!! That's such wonderful news. I hope Maggie is right about next time. Bill has scans on Friday and we are praying for good results too.

Take care,

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                        Participant

Brian,

I am so happy for you and your family!! That's such wonderful news. I hope Maggie is right about next time. Bill has scans on Friday and we are praying for good results too.

Take care,

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                          Participant

Brian,

Take care,

Maureen

DZnDef
                                                                                                          Participant

Woo Hoo!!  Congratulations Brian!  Fantastic news!  I am so very happy for you.  I hope it just keeps getting better and better for you from this point out.  Next time:  "Grossly smaller" mets.  Followed by "Grossly missing" mets…

Cheers – Maggie

DZnDef
                                                                                                            Participant

Cheers – Maggie

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics