The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sometimes I just don’t Get it

Forums General Melanoma Community Sometimes I just don’t Get it

Participant

For the supposed road to happines, with a wedding, it is something new, something borrowed and something blue; with melanoma it is scans of nothing bigger, nothing smaller and nothing new.

No, I'm not getting married, but I sooooooooooo want to divorce myself from melanoma; but it always bites me in the ass with symtoms anew, a treatment borrowed and certainly a sky that is blue as it drapes a similar cloud over my mind.

For the supposed road to happines, with a wedding, it is something new, something borrowed and something blue; with melanoma it is scans of nothing bigger, nothing smaller and nothing new.

No, I'm not getting married, but I sooooooooooo want to divorce myself from melanoma; but it always bites me in the ass with symtoms anew, a treatment borrowed and certainly a sky that is blue as it drapes a similar cloud over my mind.

I never wanted to marry melanoma, it was a forced marriage. Even worse, it is not clear to me that this forced marriage was a man or a woman or maybe just an entity.  My mind tells me it was the latter, but oddly it has been my constant mistress, prodding me for constant intimacy, demanding that I look at her, pay attention to her, touch her and feel her and feel the wrath if I dare look the other way and shun her glance.

Or it could be a man disease that seeks my attention and wants to punish me for inattention and seeks revenge on my body as a result.

Either way, I just don't get it. 

No, I'm not having sexual orientation issues, but as I approach a milestone in my life; I have to say, as far as melanoma is concerned………….I still don't get it……and that, to me is the lesson and what is to be learned.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I knew you had been too quiet recently. 

There are many marraiges out there that just stay together for the children sake.  That seems to be your issue. Those kids just won't leave you alone!   I hope you can find a nice good timeout for them.

Do you have any appointments in Charlotte in this week?   We arrive on Thursday and surgery (crainectomy) is Friday. If your going to be there let me know! I am so ready to get rid of this edema and move on with my marriage to melanoma and kick it to the street.

cyber hugs,

linda

lhaley
          Participant

There are many marraiges out there that just stay together for the children sake.  That seems to be your issue. Those kids just won't leave you alone!   I hope you can find a nice good timeout for them.

Do you have any appointments in Charlotte in this week?   We arrive on Thursday and surgery (crainectomy) is Friday. If your going to be there let me know! I am so ready to get rid of this edema and move on with my marriage to melanoma and kick it to the street.

cyber hugs,

linda

lhaley
            Participant

cyber hugs,

linda

glewis923
              Participant

learning that there's somethings in life that cannot be learned is the hardest lesson to learn….. no matter how earnestly you  yearn to earn the learn.  Just don't urn me yet…….i must, as we all, complete the canvass and try to at least learn the "Art of Dying", before the paint completely dries and becomes brittled and cracked.  Ultimately we must all realize we are all unfinished pieces of a grand tapestry of God's masterpiece….the Eternal Soul.

glewis923
                Participant

learning that there's somethings in life that cannot be learned is the hardest lesson to learn….. no matter how earnestly you  yearn to earn the learn.  Just don't urn me yet…….i must, as we all, complete the canvass and try to at least learn the "Art of Dying", before the paint completely dries and becomes brittled and cracked.  Ultimately we must all realize we are all unfinished pieces of a grand tapestry of God's masterpiece….the Eternal Soul.

glewis923
                  Participant

jag
                    Participant

Think Medusa Charlie, shine a mirror on her when she looks at you.

jag
                      Participant

jag
                        Participant

hope4cure1
                          Participant

Charlie, well said, well written.

Oh, and jag, you get the quote of the day award!!!!

hope4cure1
                            Participant

hope4cure1
                              Participant

KellieSue
                                Participant
                                  Once again you are able to say things that I’m thinking. and i totally don’t get melanoma.

kellie( from iowa)

KellieSue
                                  Participant
                                    Once again you are able to say things that I’m thinking. and i totally don’t get melanoma.

kellie( from iowa)

KellieSue
                                    Participant

kellie( from iowa)

Lori C
                                      Participant

Charlie, I was re-reading Randy Shilts book yesterday – 'And the Band Played On" – and came across this quote: "A Microscopic junta had grabbed control of his body and he was under its command".  And I thought about how many times Will would tell me, "I'm so tired of having cancer…." and how shang-hied he felt, pressed into service in a war he hadn't volunteered for. 

If you are ever in the Chicago are, I'd sure love to see you and talk.  And you are in my thoughts.

Lori

Lori C
                                        Participant

Charlie, I was re-reading Randy Shilts book yesterday – 'And the Band Played On" – and came across this quote: "A Microscopic junta had grabbed control of his body and he was under its command".  And I thought about how many times Will would tell me, "I'm so tired of having cancer…." and how shang-hied he felt, pressed into service in a war he hadn't volunteered for. 

If you are ever in the Chicago are, I'd sure love to see you and talk.  And you are in my thoughts.

Lori

Lori C
                                          Participant

Lori

djpayn
                                            Participant

Charlie, 

thats the best way i have ever heard this described.

on a side note to your post…. i miss you.  big hugs to you!!!

dawna

djpayn
                                              Participant

Charlie, 

dawna

djpayn
                                                Participant

Charlie, 

dawna

James from Sydney
                                                  Participant

Hey Charlie

'to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse'  You have turned this into a chronic disease maybe the fact that it keeps pecking at you is a sign that it wants to know how you have outlasted most marriages with Mel. I'm sure you'd make a great husband but it probably wants a break too. 

Have you had your Tumor samples tested to see what your doing on a cellular level. I often wonder whether researchers ever look at at long time survivors and see if there is anything common amongst their Genome.

cheers James

James from Sydney
                                                    Participant

Hey Charlie

'to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse'  You have turned this into a chronic disease maybe the fact that it keeps pecking at you is a sign that it wants to know how you have outlasted most marriages with Mel. I'm sure you'd make a great husband but it probably wants a break too. 

Have you had your Tumor samples tested to see what your doing on a cellular level. I often wonder whether researchers ever look at at long time survivors and see if there is anything common amongst their Genome.

cheers James

James from Sydney
                                                      Participant

Hey Charlie

cheers James

dian in spokane
                                                        Participant

aha~ there you are. I see I looked for you on the wrong side of the tracks. Glad to see you made another birthday dude, but sorry you are feeling so melancholy. Sorry melanoma has fecked with you your entire life.

I miss you

dian

dian in spokane
                                                          Participant

aha~ there you are. I see I looked for you on the wrong side of the tracks. Glad to see you made another birthday dude, but sorry you are feeling so melancholy. Sorry melanoma has fecked with you your entire life.

I miss you

dian

dian in spokane
                                                            Participant

I miss you

dian

kristine
                                                              Participant

Just so you know, you are such an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing, you are a special person!

kristine
                                                                Participant

Just so you know, you are such an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing, you are a special person!

kristine
                                                                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                    Participant

What? YOU don't GET IT?

I'm still wondering just what IT even IS!

Won't discuss other ISSUES, but will say You are a very special fellow.

Think of you often.

Amazing how much more appreciation we have for  birthdays  now than pre-Mel.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                      Participant

What? YOU don't GET IT?

Think of you often.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                        Participant

What? YOU don't GET IT?

Think of you often.

debbieVA
                                                                          Participant

Sir Charles….

I'll be headed to Chapel Hill for their 3rd/ Melanoma symposium…I know a few are going…how about you? 

debbieVA

debbieVA
                                                                            Participant

Sir Charles….

I'll be headed to Chapel Hill for their 3rd/ Melanoma symposium…I know a few are going…how about you? 

debbieVA

debbieVA
                                                                              Participant

Sir Charles….

debbieVA

Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics