The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some very sad news

Forums General Melanoma Community Some very sad news

Participant

My dear loving husband lost his battle with melanoma on Thursday afternoon.  We were in the process of having him transferred from the hospital to a palliative care facility, but his vital signs became too unstable to move him. Even though he remained in the hospital, he was surrounded by his loving family and passed on peacefully and in no pain.  I can't imagine life without him, but I have to be strong and keep his memories alive in my heart forever.

My dear loving husband lost his battle with melanoma on Thursday afternoon.  We were in the process of having him transferred from the hospital to a palliative care facility, but his vital signs became too unstable to move him. Even though he remained in the hospital, he was surrounded by his loving family and passed on peacefully and in no pain.  I can't imagine life without him, but I have to be strong and keep his memories alive in my heart forever.

To all of you, I thank you for your support, enlightenment and advice, it truly meant the world to both of us.  Please keep my husband in your prayers, and fight this disease with everything you have. Even though it was too late for my husband, you can win your battle.

Bless you,

Jo

Viewing 35 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ali
        Participant

So, so sorry for your loss.  Prayers.

Ali

deardad
            Participant

Dear Jo,

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. I'm thinking of you during this very difficult time. My mum is now living her 8 month without her soul mate who also lost the battle to this disease and she is doing ok. All I can say is that time helps you to deal with you loss….All the best Jo.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
              Participant

Dear Jo,

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. I'm thinking of you during this very difficult time. My mum is now living her 8 month without her soul mate who also lost the battle to this disease and she is doing ok. All I can say is that time helps you to deal with you loss….All the best Jo.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                Participant

Dear Jo,

Nahmi from Melbourne

Ali
                Participant

Ali

Ali
                  Participant

Ali

NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Dear Jo,
                      I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray you find some comfort in your wonderful memories.
                      Love,
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Dear Jo,
                        I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray you find some comfort in your wonderful memories.
                        Love,
                        Karen
                        NYKaren
                        Participant
                          Dear Jo,
                          Love,
                          Karen
                          gabsound
                          Participant
                            I’m very sorry to hear of your husbands passing. May you and your family find comfort in each other at this time.

Julie

gabsound
                            Participant
                              I’m very sorry to hear of your husbands passing. May you and your family find comfort in each other at this time.

Julie

gabsound
                              Participant

Julie

kylez
                                Participant

Jo, I'm sorry the fight is over. I went back and re-read your messages about what he and you have been through. That he passed surrounded by his family and peacefully and in no pain is a blessing to him and you both, despite everything else. May you be strong in the days ahead.

kylez
                                  Participant

Jo, I'm sorry the fight is over. I went back and re-read your messages about what he and you have been through. That he passed surrounded by his family and peacefully and in no pain is a blessing to him and you both, despite everything else. May you be strong in the days ahead.

kylez
                                    Participant

awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                        Dear Jo – I am so very sorry for your loss. May God Bless you all during this difficult time.

Amy

awillett1991
                                        Participant
                                          Dear Jo – I am so very sorry for your loss. May God Bless you all during this difficult time.

Amy

awillett1991
                                          Participant

Amy

meeshka6059
                                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My mother is also greiving the loss of her loving husband who passed about 10 days ago from this dreaded disease. We find comfort in our memories and with our loved ones, and here. With a heavy heart, I send you peace and warmth. ~Michelle

meeshka6059
                                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. My mother is also greiving the loss of her loving husband who passed about 10 days ago from this dreaded disease. We find comfort in our memories and with our loved ones, and here. With a heavy heart, I send you peace and warmth. ~Michelle

meeshka6059
                                                Participant

Owl
                                                  Participant

Dear Jo, I am so sorry for your loss. My thaughts are with you and your family. Jenny

Owl
                                                    Participant

Dear Jo, I am so sorry for your loss. My thaughts are with you and your family. Jenny

Owl
                                                      Participant

Phil S
                                                        Participant
                                                          Jo, Glad to hear his passing was peaceful. I am sure he felt your love and caring support the whole way thru, he is now in a better place. My husband and I will continue to fight strong, and we always reflect on the warriors who have passed, we want to honor them! You are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                          Phil S
                                                          Participant
                                                            Jo, Glad to hear his passing was peaceful. I am sure he felt your love and caring support the whole way thru, he is now in a better place. My husband and I will continue to fight strong, and we always reflect on the warriors who have passed, we want to honor them! You are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                            Phil S
                                                            Participant
                                                              susanr
                                                              Participant

Jo,

I am very sorry about your husband.  There is probably nothing anyone can say to comfort you right now.  I feel your pain, cries, hurt, and emotions.  I am still numb about the loss of my brother.  I will say, your husband and my brother were in very good care of Dr. Pavlik.  If she could not help them then it was God's will.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

Susan…sister of Peter..12/6/12

susanr
                                                                Participant

Jo,

I am very sorry about your husband.  There is probably nothing anyone can say to comfort you right now.  I feel your pain, cries, hurt, and emotions.  I am still numb about the loss of my brother.  I will say, your husband and my brother were in very good care of Dr. Pavlik.  If she could not help them then it was God's will.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

susanr
                                                                  Participant

Jo,

Wife of Carl
                                                                    Participant

I am sorry to read about your husband passing.  I hope that you can find some comfort in the fact that he passed peacefully.  Cherish the memories.  I will pray for you and your famiy during this difficult time.  My husband is also losing his long  battle with melanoma.  I expect to be writing a message just like yours soon.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                                                                      Participant

I am sorry to read about your husband passing.  I hope that you can find some comfort in the fact that he passed peacefully.  Cherish the memories.  I will pray for you and your famiy during this difficult time.  My husband is also losing his long  battle with melanoma.  I expect to be writing a message just like yours soon.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                                                                        Participant

Pat

Tina D
                                                                          Participant

Jo, I am so so sorry for your tremendous loss. Praying for you and your family today that now and in the coming days you will find comfort and peace. I wish there was something to say that would ease the pain, but I know there is not. You will always have friends on here to lend an ear, that I am sure of….

Tina

Tina D
                                                                            Participant

Jo, I am so so sorry for your tremendous loss. Praying for you and your family today that now and in the coming days you will find comfort and peace. I wish there was something to say that would ease the pain, but I know there is not. You will always have friends on here to lend an ear, that I am sure of….

Tina

Tina D
                                                                              Participant

Tina

AllyNTAus
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Dear Jo,
                                                                                  I was very saddened to hear your news. I will keep on fighting this beast in memory of your husband and all the others who have lost their battles.
                                                                                  Wishing you peace,
                                                                                  Allison
                                                                                  AllyNTAus
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Dear Jo,
                                                                                    I was very saddened to hear your news. I will keep on fighting this beast in memory of your husband and all the others who have lost their battles.
                                                                                    Wishing you peace,
                                                                                    Allison
                                                                                    AllyNTAus
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Dear Jo,
                                                                                      Wishing you peace,
                                                                                      Allison
                                                                                  Viewing 35 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics