The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

So sad – once more

Forums General Melanoma Community So sad – once more

Participant

It's sadly that I have to post another sad note after Shane's wife one.

After the second ipi/ nivo infusion Greg started experiencing problems with walking, fatigue, falls.

we went to ER on Friday and after the MRI was performed , the doctors concluded that they can't help him in any way.

He is on home Hospice now with additional help from the Home Care agency staff.

It's very painful to observe the rapid deterioration in his mental and physical abilities.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

I am so, so sorry to hear this. I wish you both some peace from this demon and the best quality of time you'll have together! Holding special thoughts in my heart for you!

Barb

FaithRun
          Participant

So sorry to hear this.  I will keep you and your loved ones in my positive thoughts and prayers.

Shaneswife
            Participant

So sorry to hear this. I feel your pain all too well. 

Janis

maperny
              Participant

I am so sorry to read your news.  I hope you are able to find peace together during this sad time.  

My thoughts are with you.

maria

casagrayson
                Participant

So, so sorry.  So much sadness.  Hold dear Greg close, tell him he's been a brave warrior.  Cyberhugs to you both.

Bubbles
                  Participant

I am ever so sorry.  You are a real gift to Greg.  c

sgreenberg
                    Participant

Very sorry to hear. I'm treasuring each moment I have with my wife, as I'm sure you are with Greg.

Scooby123
                      Participant

So sorry, words cannot express how you are coping but our thoughts are with you and Shane and family .

Scooby

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics