The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Shane’s Obituary

Forums General Melanoma Community Shane’s Obituary

• Replies
      maryb-z
      Participant
        I’m so sorry. As hard as it is, take comfort that he is resting in paradise! Hugs.
          Sharon93065
          Participant

So very very sorry for you loss.  Do you mind if I ask where is tumors were and if he had Immunotherapy or not?  I know how hard this must be for you, but i'm just getting started after 1 Opdibo/Yeriboy last week.

God Bless your family during this time. 

Shaneswife
            Participant

Bone, brain, lungs, liver and sub q. He did interferon but it didn't work. Then targeted therapy but that failed too. He was gonna start pembro when he decided that he was done with treatments. He passed 2 weeks later. 

Newmanbell
              Participant

I have followed you and I as well have a husband with this terrible disease.  Your grief is what I fear, hugs hon, I wish I was there to give you a big hug.  I am just so very sorry.

Donna

Jahendry12
              Participant

Thank you for sharing Janis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. May god give you strength in the days and months ahead. 

Stu
                Participant

So very sorry to read of your sad news.. Love and thoughts are with you all..

Jubes
                  Participant

Thanks for posting Janis. So very sorry. 

Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                    Participant

Thanks for posting Janis. So very sorry. 

Anne-Louise 

RitysMom
                      Participant

Janis, thank you for sharing…it was beautiful, and the comments by those that knew and loved Shane showed what a truly wonderful man he was. I'm heartbroken for you and pray you find peace and comfort in your many memories of him.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics