The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Settled into hospice

Forums General Melanoma Community Settled into hospice

Participant

I got Shane settled into hospice. He's been unconscious for 30 hours. So no food and water. Doctor predicts a few hours to 2 days before the end. 

Janis

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jahendry12
        Participant

So very sorry Janice for all that you are going through.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Jahendry12
            Participant

My apologies Janis as I spelled your name incorrectly.  Peace.

geriakt
            Participant

Sorry for this so difficult time you and your family must be going through. Prayers your way and for all caught up with this illness. 

Tom 

Christine.P
              Participant

I know there is nothing we can say that will take away this tremendous pain, but we are all thinking of you and prayting for peace for you and Shane. I am so very sorry. 

Nemesis
                Participant

You are an amazingly strong woman, and Shane is lucky to have to as a wife. Wishing you both peace and comfort.

Fen
                  Participant

Thinking of and praying for you, Janis.  So very sorry for you, Shane, and your family.

SABKLYN
                    Participant

So sorry Janis.  

casagrayson
                      Participant

Bless you, Janis.  I know this is so painful.

Gibsongirl
                          Participant
                            I’m so sorry. God bless you both.
                          Coragirl
                          Participant

My deepest sympathy for you and your family. I will pray for peace,comfort and healing for you Janis.

Coragirl
                            Participant

My deepest sympathy for you and your family. I will pray for peace,comfort and healing for you Janis.

rosa1
                              Participant

Janis, so very sorry what you're going through, it's devastating. There are no words I can say to relieve your pain but I wish you and Shane God's peace.

Rosa

marta010
                                Participant

Oh Janis….so sorry for your pain.  Wishing you peace as you say goodbye.  My heart breaks for you and your family.

Ann

jenny22
                                  Participant

Janis- There arent really any words for this…..just that i am so sorry you and your family  have to go through this…..

sending good thoughts…

best,

jenny

rabbits68
                                    Participant
                                      Prayers for you both during this difficult time.
                                  Viewing 12 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics