The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scanxiety – here we go again

Forums General Melanoma Community Scanxiety – here we go again

Participant

Okay folks here we go again – I am off to Moffitt on Thursday for my second set of scans since beginning the ride on the BRAF/MEK  train.   I thought I had this under control this time around but  the closer Thursday gets the more I am once again ready to puke.   I don't know which is worse – Melanoma or Scans.

To all of my friends out there on the train with me, I know that some of you are in the same boat with me this week and I am sending out lots of positive vibes and tons of cyber hugs for all the best.

Okay folks here we go again – I am off to Moffitt on Thursday for my second set of scans since beginning the ride on the BRAF/MEK  train.   I thought I had this under control this time around but  the closer Thursday gets the more I am once again ready to puke.   I don't know which is worse – Melanoma or Scans.

To all of my friends out there on the train with me, I know that some of you are in the same boat with me this week and I am sending out lots of positive vibes and tons of cyber hugs for all the best.

Hugs and Smiles to you all

Dawn

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

You've done it before and you can do it again.

I, of course, am already freaking out about my PET in late August, although my brain MRI next week doesn't bother me so much. Weird, huh?

I am praying for you right now, hope that is okay.

Nicki, Stage 3b

dawn dion
            Participant

Nicki 

I welcome them all – Thank you for your kind words.   My MRI doesn't bother me other.  I always worry that it is going to stop working.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

dawn dion
              Participant

Nicki 

I welcome them all – Thank you for your kind words.   My MRI doesn't bother me other.  I always worry that it is going to stop working.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

nicoli
              Participant

You've done it before and you can do it again.

I, of course, am already freaking out about my PET in late August, although my brain MRI next week doesn't bother me so much. Weird, huh?

I am praying for you right now, hope that is okay.

Nicki, Stage 3b

EmilyandMike
                Participant
                  Hi Dawn..thinking of you. I don’t think scans ever get easier to deal with. They are pure torture for cancer patients and caregivers. Lets just say I take a lot of Ativan during my husbands scans. All my best for great results.
                  Emily
                  EmilyandMike
                  Participant
                    Hi Dawn..thinking of you. I don’t think scans ever get easier to deal with. They are pure torture for cancer patients and caregivers. Lets just say I take a lot of Ativan during my husbands scans. All my best for great results.
                    Emily
                    King
                    Participant

Hi Dawn,

It's so hard to get away from the anxiety at scan time.  I will be at Moffitt all day Monday (4CT Scans and MRI of the brain) and then on Wednesday (22nd) for results.  If you will be there either of those days, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Good thoughts and prayers going your way.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Hi Dawn,

It's so hard to get away from the anxiety at scan time.  I will be at Moffitt all day Monday (4CT Scans and MRI of the brain) and then on Wednesday (22nd) for results.  If you will be there either of those days, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Good thoughts and prayers going your way.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

dawn dion
                          Participant

Awwhh King I wish I was gonna be down there next week just so we could meet.   Better yet I have a great idea – all of us on here that go to Moffitt need to go and meet up someplace else and go shopping or something – I get so sick of walking those halls.  Lets go have some fun.

dawn dion
                            Participant

Awwhh King I wish I was gonna be down there next week just so we could meet.   Better yet I have a great idea – all of us on here that go to Moffitt need to go and meet up someplace else and go shopping or something – I get so sick of walking those halls.  Lets go have some fun.

BethA in VA
                            Participant

Good luck on Thursday.  Scans are never fun, but relax and stay positive.  Close your eyes – and put yourself in your favorite place during the scan.  Just like taking a mini-vacation!!  I will be with you in thoughts and prayers…Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                              Participant

Good luck on Thursday.  Scans are never fun, but relax and stay positive.  Close your eyes – and put yourself in your favorite place during the scan.  Just like taking a mini-vacation!!  I will be with you in thoughts and prayers…Beth 3/B

LynnLuc
                                Participant

Hey girl!

I had mine last Wednesday at Moffitt! I am still NED for nearing 15 months now! I did have a new event tho…allergic to the contrast medium dye they use in the CT…I can drink the Gatorade and I can do the dye for the MRI…mega crazy itchy itches; my feet and hands I wanted to tear them off!! I did start to take my clothes off lol…I think I had the reaction just as I got off the CT scan table and walked out of the CT room. BP jumped to over 200 and heart raced…was crazy. They pushed a few Benydral syringes in my access line  ( used for the blood work and dye).Now I have to get premedicated with steroids and Benydral before my CTs.

You'll do fine! Tell them to get some better music!!

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

PS I have had dozens of CTs etc etc and never a reaction before….

LynnLuc
                                      Participant

PS I have had dozens of CTs etc etc and never a reaction before….

dawn dion
                                        Participant

Okay that is wild – hope I don't ever itch!  YUK!!!   Amen to the music part – do they really think you can hear it over all the noise thar MRI makes anyway.  Thanks for the good thoughts – I will get the CT results tomorrow and they will call me on Friday to let me know that I still have a brain so I will post when I know.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

dawn dion
                                          Participant

Okay that is wild – hope I don't ever itch!  YUK!!!   Amen to the music part – do they really think you can hear it over all the noise thar MRI makes anyway.  Thanks for the good thoughts – I will get the CT results tomorrow and they will call me on Friday to let me know that I still have a brain so I will post when I know.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

LynnLuc
                                          Participant

Hey girl!

I had mine last Wednesday at Moffitt! I am still NED for nearing 15 months now! I did have a new event tho…allergic to the contrast medium dye they use in the CT…I can drink the Gatorade and I can do the dye for the MRI…mega crazy itchy itches; my feet and hands I wanted to tear them off!! I did start to take my clothes off lol…I think I had the reaction just as I got off the CT scan table and walked out of the CT room. BP jumped to over 200 and heart raced…was crazy. They pushed a few Benydral syringes in my access line  ( used for the blood work and dye).Now I have to get premedicated with steroids and Benydral before my CTs.

You'll do fine! Tell them to get some better music!!

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                            Participant

Hi Dawn,

My best wishes to you!  I'm having my 8-week BRAF/MEK scans on July 5th.  You can bet I'll be anxious then.  But meanwhile, I've an Alaska cruise to endure starting this Friday.  I'm sure the desserts will be scary enough to make me forget this braf schmef thing!

– Harry

dawn dion
                                                Participant

Harry

i have been thinkin about you!!   I hope things are going well with the BRAF – Have a great time on your cruise – have some dessert for me and report back about all of the awesome things you get to see up there – that is one thing I have always wanted to do.

Talk to you soon my friend

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

dawn dion
                                                  Participant

Harry

i have been thinkin about you!!   I hope things are going well with the BRAF – Have a great time on your cruise – have some dessert for me and report back about all of the awesome things you get to see up there – that is one thing I have always wanted to do.

Talk to you soon my friend

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

Harry in Fair Oaks
                                                  Participant

Hi Dawn,

My best wishes to you!  I'm having my 8-week BRAF/MEK scans on July 5th.  You can bet I'll be anxious then.  But meanwhile, I've an Alaska cruise to endure starting this Friday.  I'm sure the desserts will be scary enough to make me forget this braf schmef thing!

– Harry

deffk1105
                                                    Participant

Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you 🙂

– Kate (Wisconsin)

dawn dion
                                                        Participant

Hey there – How are you?  I have been thinking about you.  Please let me know how you are.  When are you back in Tampa?

dawn dion
                                                          Participant

Hey there – How are you?  I have been thinking about you.  Please let me know how you are.  When are you back in Tampa?

deffk1105
                                                          Participant

Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you 🙂

– Kate (Wisconsin)

Melanoma Mom
                                                            Participant

Our 15 year old son has his CT today (Thursday) and PET tomorrow, results next Wednesday, the 22nd. Shooting for 6 months NED! Halfway through the year of Interferon!

Melanoma Mom
                                                              Participant

Our 15 year old son has his CT today (Thursday) and PET tomorrow, results next Wednesday, the 22nd. Shooting for 6 months NED! Halfway through the year of Interferon!

NicOz
                                                                Participant

I've just had my second round of BRAF scans, and am happy to say I had no scanxiety at all. It wasn't that I expected good results (one does not start expecting good results because they had them once in 3 years!), I just went with "If it's working, great. If not, it's out of my control" Fortunately, it continues to work it's magic. For the first time since diagnosis, I'm stable.

KatyWI
                                                                    Participant

Woo hoo!  Happy to hear it Nic!

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                                                      Participant

Woo hoo!  Happy to hear it Nic!

KatyWI

NicOz
                                                                      Participant

I've just had my second round of BRAF scans, and am happy to say I had no scanxiety at all. It wasn't that I expected good results (one does not start expecting good results because they had them once in 3 years!), I just went with "If it's working, great. If not, it's out of my control" Fortunately, it continues to work it's magic. For the first time since diagnosis, I'm stable.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics