The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans tomorrow

Participant

Tomorrow I take  Will to Rush to have scans – the first since he started this treatment.  He's had two rounds of chemo.  I know all of you know exactly how I feel, so I won't bother going into the gruesome descriptions : (   We are staying overnight near the hospital, at Will's request, and then going back Tuesday to have the scans read, and God willing, more chemo.

Tomorrow I take  Will to Rush to have scans – the first since he started this treatment.  He's had two rounds of chemo.  I know all of you know exactly how I feel, so I won't bother going into the gruesome descriptions : (   We are staying overnight near the hospital, at Will's request, and then going back Tuesday to have the scans read, and God willing, more chemo.

I've gone through such a gamut of feelings, most of which amounted to trying to read tea leaves or entrails to figure out what might be going on inside him as a result of the chemo, and finally gave up.  It is out of my hands.  I am just trying to stay hopeful and pray, and ask that anyone so inclined would do the same for Will.   I need to stay strong for him but am finding it extremely hard right now.  I have to get to work tomorrow at 2 a.m. in order to be done in time to get him to the city, and it is going to be a very very long two days.

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryBZ
        Participant

My thoughts, prayers, and positive energy are being sent your way. 

MaryBZheart

MaryBZ
          Participant

My thoughts, prayers, and positive energy are being sent your way. 

MaryBZheart

lhaley
            Participant

Lori,

I know how horrible of a time it is waiting for scan results, hoping that when you get them you can give a sigh of relief.  I seem to be fine till the minute the scan is finished. Then I'm thinking they know the results, which makes it unchangeable. Then my true anxiety begins.

Sending hugs and good vibes,

Linda

Stage IV since 06 (no longer NED and waiting for appointment with surgeon)

lhaley
              Participant

Lori,

I know how horrible of a time it is waiting for scan results, hoping that when you get them you can give a sigh of relief.  I seem to be fine till the minute the scan is finished. Then I'm thinking they know the results, which makes it unchangeable. Then my true anxiety begins.

Sending hugs and good vibes,

Linda

Stage IV since 06 (no longer NED and waiting for appointment with surgeon)

JenM
                Participant

Lori,

I will be prayinng for you and Will.  Try to be calm…I know so much easier said then done.  Be well and don't forget to take a couple of very deep breaths.

Regards,

Jen

JenM
                  Participant

Lori,

I will be prayinng for you and Will.  Try to be calm…I know so much easier said then done.  Be well and don't forget to take a couple of very deep breaths.

Regards,

Jen

molly
                    Participant

Lori, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way that tomorrow will be a good day and Tuesday an even better one! 

molly

molly
                      Participant

Lori, sending positive thoughts and prayers your way that tomorrow will be a good day and Tuesday an even better one! 

molly

bill58
                        Participant

Sending positive thoughts and healing prayers.  I know this is a hard time for both of you.

Bill

bill58
                          Participant

Sending positive thoughts and healing prayers.  I know this is a hard time for both of you.

Bill

jag
                            Participant

Best and prayers for Will.

John

jag
                              Participant

Best and prayers for Will.

John

yensidw
                                Participant

Will be praying for him and you.  God bless.

Janis

yensidw
                                  Participant

Will be praying for him and you.  God bless.

Janis

Lori C
                                    Participant

Thank you all.  Will had the scan this a.m. and in about 24 hours (but who's counting) we'll get the results. We checked into the nearby Mariott to let him rest since it's just so hard getting down here and back when he finds it hard to walk some days.

I don't really know how I'm doing – I'm kind of numb.  I've prayed about as much as I can, I think.  Now we just wait.

lhaley
                                        Participant

Lori,

Do you have Will's results yet?  Waiting is soooo hard!

Linda

scans tomorrow

lhaley
                                          Participant

Lori,

Do you have Will's results yet?  Waiting is soooo hard!

Linda

scans tomorrow

Lori C
                                          Participant

Thank you all.  Will had the scan this a.m. and in about 24 hours (but who's counting) we'll get the results. We checked into the nearby Mariott to let him rest since it's just so hard getting down here and back when he finds it hard to walk some days.

I don't really know how I'm doing – I'm kind of numb.  I've prayed about as much as I can, I think.  Now we just wait.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics