The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scans continue to show response

Forums General Melanoma Community scans continue to show response

Participant

Hi guys, just wanted to share my good news from last week.  Brain MRI remains CLEAR (25 small tumors in there in June, all disapeared by September after one dose of IPI and monthly Temodar).  Two adrenal tumors that we radiated in January are dying off.  One tumor in armpit still growing slowly.  That's it folks!!  We are deciding now what to do with the axillary tumor, most likely radiation as my tumors seem to respond well to that, and there may be some benefit to the immune system treating it that way. 

Hi guys, just wanted to share my good news from last week.  Brain MRI remains CLEAR (25 small tumors in there in June, all disapeared by September after one dose of IPI and monthly Temodar).  Two adrenal tumors that we radiated in January are dying off.  One tumor in armpit still growing slowly.  That's it folks!!  We are deciding now what to do with the axillary tumor, most likely radiation as my tumors seem to respond well to that, and there may be some benefit to the immune system treating it that way. 

I am full of gratitude.  I often wonder at how amazing it would be to live like this for many years (is 50 more too much to ask?).  I am seriously just so happy to be alive.  Every day.  

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant
          Ali, So happy for you and your husband and boys, what a relief! I read your blog, you are a walking miracle, so keep up the good immune kicking response! Enjoy each day and have a blessed Spring! Take care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
          Phil S
          Participant
            Ali, So happy for you and your husband and boys, what a relief! I read your blog, you are a walking miracle, so keep up the good immune kicking response! Enjoy each day and have a blessed Spring! Take care, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
            Phil S
            Participant
              Linny
              Participant

It took me a second or two to recognize to figure out which Ali this was. You changed your photo! I like it very much.

It's always great to hear good news, and when it comes from someone who's had as hard a battle as you've had, it's FANTASTIC!!!! Let's hope that the radiation zaps that axillary tumor for good and that you'll be hanging out with NED shortly and for a very long time.

Linny
                Participant

It took me a second or two to recognize to figure out which Ali this was. You changed your photo! I like it very much.

It's always great to hear good news, and when it comes from someone who's had as hard a battle as you've had, it's FANTASTIC!!!! Let's hope that the radiation zaps that axillary tumor for good and that you'll be hanging out with NED shortly and for a very long time.

Linny
                  Participant

awillett1991
                    Participant
                      Ali – such wonderful news to share about never, ever giving up! Anything is possible with God!

Enjoy your family!

All the best,
                      Amy

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        Ali – such wonderful news to share about never, ever giving up! Anything is possible with God!

Enjoy your family!

All the best,
                        Amy

awillett1991
                        Participant

Enjoy your family!

All the best,
                          Amy

vicuk
                          Participant

Absolutely brilliant news. Chuffed to bits for you.

vicuk
                            Participant

vicuk
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

Ali,

Incredibly great news 🙂   . I am really rejoicing with you right now!!! Every day IS such a gift, isn't it? Thrilled for you and your family to be getting this wonderful report. YAY!!

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

Ali,

Incredibly great news 🙂   . I am really rejoicing with you right now!!! Every day IS such a gift, isn't it? Thrilled for you and your family to be getting this wonderful report. YAY!!

Tina

NYKaren
                                      Participant
                                        Ali, so very thrilled for you. Fifty years sounds good to me!
                                        Warmly,
                                        Karen
                                        NYKaren
                                        Participant
                                          Warmly,
                                          Karen
                                          NYKaren
                                          Participant
                                            Warmly,
                                            Karen
                                          Tina D
                                          Participant

Ali,

Tina

Brendan
                                            Participant

Ali,

Great news!  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your family and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

God bless,

Brendan

Brendan
                                              Participant

Ali,

Great news!  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your family and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

God bless,

Brendan

Brendan
                                                Participant

Ali,

God bless,

Brendan

Brendan
                                                  Participant

Ali,

Great news! Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your family and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

God bless,
                                                    Brendan
                                                    Brendan
                                                    Participant

Ali,

Great news! Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your family and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

God bless,
                                                      Brendan
                                                      Brendan
                                                      Participant

Ali,

God bless,
                                                        Brendan
                                                        randallgford
                                                        Participant

Thanks for sharing, I love to see good news, it always makes my day !!!

Gratitude for each day is what I have already gained since my husband's

diagnosis. Continued success to you in your journey. 

Randall's wife, Vicki

randallgford
                                                          Participant

Randall's wife, Vicki

randallgford
                                                            Participant

Randall's wife, Vicki

Owl
                                                              Participant

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news, I am so happy for you. Go on fighting, it's incredible!

Owl
                                                                Participant

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news, I am so happy for you. Go on fighting, it's incredible!

Owl
                                                                  Participant

_Paul_
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Woohoo!!!
                                                                      _Paul_
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Woohoo!!!
                                                                        _Paul_
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Woohoo!!!
                                                                          Swanee
                                                                          Participant

Ali,

Always good to read a post from you Ali and even better when it's good news!  I am so happy for you and feel your joy with life and share the feeling!  

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                            Participant

Ali,

Always good to read a post from you Ali and even better when it's good news!  I am so happy for you and feel your joy with life and share the feeling!  

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                              Participant

Ali,

Swanee

TSchulz
                                                                                Participant

Such great news.  Thanks for sharing.  Good luck zapping that last tumor – it needs to go.  

Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                  Participant

Such great news.  Thanks for sharing.  Good luck zapping that last tumor – it needs to go.  

Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                    Participant

Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                      Participant

Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                        Participant

Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                          Participant

Troy

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics