The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scan week!

Forums General Melanoma Community scan week!

Participant

Just wanted to put out a quick update. 

In June, after completing 6 weeks of high dose IL-2 (with some amazing but mixed results), they found 25 brain mets and many others scattered around.  I could feel 12 underneath the skin.  One dose of IPI, developed colitis just 5 days into treatment, also felt the tumors shrinking that quickly.  I have not been able to do IPI again yet, just had a colonoscopy that still shows inflammation.  The tumors I can feel have continued to shrink and disappear, and can now feel only one little tiny one on my rib. 

Just wanted to put out a quick update. 

In June, after completing 6 weeks of high dose IL-2 (with some amazing but mixed results), they found 25 brain mets and many others scattered around.  I could feel 12 underneath the skin.  One dose of IPI, developed colitis just 5 days into treatment, also felt the tumors shrinking that quickly.  I have not been able to do IPI again yet, just had a colonoscopy that still shows inflammation.  The tumors I can feel have continued to shrink and disappear, and can now feel only one little tiny one on my rib. 

Hoping this kind of response is happening in the brain!!!  I get the 12-week-after-IPI scans in one week.  Anxiety!  Thanks for all the triumphant stories I read today, they are going to get me through the week. 

Good luck to all!

p.s.  No symptoms of brain involvement.  Not so much as a headache.  I feel 100% and have started to run again.  This is good, yes?

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

Hoping and praying for great scan results. just got my scans and had good results, but waiting for them drove me crazy.  Running will help take your mind off of it and they'll be here before you know it! Good? YES! God bless.  Robert

rbruce
          Participant

Hoping and praying for great scan results. just got my scans and had good results, but waiting for them drove me crazy.  Running will help take your mind off of it and they'll be here before you know it! Good? YES! God bless.  Robert

rbruce
            Participant

rosa1
              Participant
                I hope and pray your scans go well! I think it’s great you have started running again, it shows your body is able to do it. Good? I think it’s wonderful. Think positive and God bless always!
                Keep us posted.

rosa1
                Participant
                  I hope and pray your scans go well! I think it’s great you have started running again, it shows your body is able to do it. Good? I think it’s wonderful. Think positive and God bless always!
                  Keep us posted.

rosa1
                  Participant
                    Keep us posted.

jag
                    Participant

Ali, got my fingers crossed for you.

God Bless

John

jag
                      Participant

God Bless

John

jag
                        Participant

God Bless

John

Ali
                          Participant

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I am still taking Temodar (I started it with the IPI).  It has been pretty easy.

Ali
                            Participant

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I am still taking Temodar (I started it with the IPI).  It has been pretty easy.

Ali
                              Participant

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Great news Ali!! Congrats and keep fighting!
                                  awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                    awillett1991
                                    Participant
                                      aldakota22
                                      Participant

Know you will post great news next week.Praying that you get to do the Happy Dance also.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat  the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                        Participant

Know you will post great news next week.Praying that you get to do the Happy Dance also.Will keep you in my prayers.Beat  the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

Karin L
                                            Participant

You got this Alisa.  It's going to be good news I feel it!

Karin

Karin L
                                              Participant

Karin

Karin L
                                                Participant

Karin

TSchulz
                                                  Participant

Sounds like your body is ready to win this…. Best of luck with your upcoming scans! Troy

TSchulz
                                                    Participant

Sounds like your body is ready to win this…. Best of luck with your upcoming scans! Troy

TSchulz
                                                      Participant

MaryD
                                                        Participant

Wow Ali – Yes, this is great that you can go out and run!    It sounds like you had a really quick Ipi response and I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for encouraging scan results!

Keep up the great work!

Mary

MaryD
                                                          Participant

Wow Ali – Yes, this is great that you can go out and run!    It sounds like you had a really quick Ipi response and I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for encouraging scan results!

Keep up the great work!

Mary

MaryD
                                                            Participant

Keep up the great work!

Mary

Phil S
                                                              Participant
                                                                Ali, We are totally hoping and praying for your good scans next week. You are amazing, keep running, great stress release! Keep up the good work, we love to read about shrinking tumors! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                Phil S
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Ali, We are totally hoping and praying for your good scans next week. You are amazing, keep running, great stress release! Keep up the good work, we love to read about shrinking tumors! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                                  Phil S
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    gabsound
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Ali,
                                                                      It’s amazing how much our bodies can take. I am so glad you are having no symptoms from the brain mets, although that personally scares me too ( scans for me next week).

I’m happy you are feeling so well. Hoping the IPI is working it’s magic.

Thanks for posting,

Julie

gabsound
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Ali,
                                                                        It’s amazing how much our bodies can take. I am so glad you are having no symptoms from the brain mets, although that personally scares me too ( scans for me next week).

Thanks for posting,

Julie

gabsound
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Ali,

Thanks for posting,

Julie

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics