The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan update

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan update

Participant

Brain Mri: Clear, thank goodness.

Ct Scan: definite shrinkage in neck and also stable disease. Lungs: about 4 nodules in each lung after 8 weeks of ALT. Darn!!!!!

So ALT worked on the neck and theres nothing else in the body or brain, just the lungs now. So 8 more weeks of ALT at a higher dose, Dr. Mo believes the trial people will okay it. I was the 1st person to do a 2nd 8 week treatment and I have shown progress in the past. I know this treatment and think I can handle it again.

Brain Mri: Clear, thank goodness.

Ct Scan: definite shrinkage in neck and also stable disease. Lungs: about 4 nodules in each lung after 8 weeks of ALT. Darn!!!!!

So ALT worked on the neck and theres nothing else in the body or brain, just the lungs now. So 8 more weeks of ALT at a higher dose, Dr. Mo believes the trial people will okay it. I was the 1st person to do a 2nd 8 week treatment and I have shown progress in the past. I know this treatment and think I can handle it again.

Or high dose IL-2. He said we try it for a week, if I don't want to die then we do one more week. If I can't  handle it or it doesn't do any good it won't exclude me from doing ALT. Or we look at B-raf? Trial should be opening up in the next few weeks here he said.

Really wasn't expecting these pesky lung nodules to be there. I was just hoping for stable disease. darn, darn, darn!!!!!!

Kellie, Stage IV since June 2008.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Kellie,

Great news about the brain mri!!!  For right now focus on that. Did he tell you the size of the lung nodules?  Sounds like you have a few possible choices but for the moment focus on the clear mri!!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Kellie,

Great news about the brain mri!!!  For right now focus on that. Did he tell you the size of the lung nodules?  Sounds like you have a few possible choices but for the moment focus on the clear mri!!

Linda

nicoli
            Participant

Great News on the MRI!!

I have had a few brain MRIs myself and it is soooooo exciting when they come back clear. For some reason, BRAIN mets scare me like no other! 

Keep doing what you are doing, keep HOPE ALIVE and you just may be NED soon!

Nicki, stage 3b

nicoli
              Participant

Great News on the MRI!!

I have had a few brain MRIs myself and it is soooooo exciting when they come back clear. For some reason, BRAIN mets scare me like no other! 

Keep doing what you are doing, keep HOPE ALIVE and you just may be NED soon!

Nicki, stage 3b

King
                Participant

Kellie,

Wonderful news on the MRI of the brain.  I am so sorry that you can't seem to catch a break.  Keep us posted as to what treatment is next.  Ugh…but at least you have some good choices.

Stay Strong
                  King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Kellie,

Wonderful news on the MRI of the brain.  I am so sorry that you can't seem to catch a break.  Keep us posted as to what treatment is next.  Ugh…but at least you have some good choices.

Stay Strong
                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Dear Kellie,

Stay focused on the clear MRI.  You sound like a very positive person which is feeds your body.  I read your profile and you have been through so much but you show such strength.  I will keep you in my nightly prayers and thoughts sending you positive light and love.

Shelly, Stage IV since October 2009

Dear Kellie,

Stay focused on the clear MRI.  You sound like a very positive person which is feeds your body.  I read your profile and you have been through so much but you show such strength.  I will keep you in my nightly prayers and thoughts sending you positive light and love.

Shelly, Stage IV since October 2009

Viewing 7 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics