The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Rocky Lovelace (Rocklove on MPIP) Nov. 1, 1953-July 26, 2011

Forums General Melanoma Community Rocky Lovelace (Rocklove on MPIP) Nov. 1, 1953-July 26, 2011

• Replies
      lhaley
      Participant

So sad for Rocklove's family and for our MPIP community  ….  Thank you for posting.

Rocklove was a great educator to many of us on the board and such a positive person. May he rest  now that he is free from pain and disease and his family gain strength from each other.

Linda

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

I just checked his facebook page, as I realize I hadnt heard from him in a while, and I saw this post. I enjoyed Rocky's friendship here and on facebook. He was a truly remarkable man, and courageous warrior. My sympathy to his friends and family.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

I just checked his facebook page, as I realize I hadnt heard from him in a while, and I saw this post. I enjoyed Rocky's friendship here and on facebook. He was a truly remarkable man, and courageous warrior. My sympathy to his friends and family.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

lhaley
            Participant

So sad for Rocklove's family and for our MPIP community  ….  Thank you for posting.

Rocklove was a great educator to many of us on the board and such a positive person. May he rest  now that he is free from pain and disease and his family gain strength from each other.

Linda

ValinMtl
              Participant

How terribly sad. May he soar with the angels. He shall be missed.  Val

ValinMtl
                Participant

How terribly sad. May he soar with the angels. He shall be missed.  Val

BonnieLea
                  Participant

Oh I am so sorry to find this out.  He was a nice guy.  I am praying for his family to know that he fought a valiant battle and did in fact win.

Bonnie

BonnieLea
                    Participant

Oh I am so sorry to find this out.  He was a nice guy.  I am praying for his family to know that he fought a valiant battle and did in fact win.

Bonnie

King
                      Participant

Rocky will be greatly missed.  I feel so fortunate that I was able to spend time with him and got to know him during his long battle with melanoma.  He was one tough warrior.  He has a wonderful family.  My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.

Miss you, Rocky….rest in peace.

Stay Strong
                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

MichaelFL
                          Participant

On 2/26/11 he posted that Weber said he had a couple months to live. To me a couple is two, so next time either you or Jim see Weber, tell him he beat his odds as he made it 5 more months.

I am sure Weber is aware of his passing.

Michael

MichaelFL
                            Participant

On 2/26/11 he posted that Weber said he had a couple months to live. To me a couple is two, so next time either you or Jim see Weber, tell him he beat his odds as he made it 5 more months.

I am sure Weber is aware of his passing.

Michael

King
                            Participant

Rocky will be greatly missed.  I feel so fortunate that I was able to spend time with him and got to know him during his long battle with melanoma.  He was one tough warrior.  He has a wonderful family.  My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.

Miss you, Rocky….rest in peace.

Stay Strong
                              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Jim M.
                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news. I wish I would have met Rocky. I pray for strength and His peace for Rocky's family.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news. I wish I would have met Rocky. I pray for strength and His peace for Rocky's family.

Jim M.

Cate
                                  Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing.  I had wondered where he had been lately.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Cate
                                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of his passing.  I had wondered where he had been lately.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

JuleFL
                                      Participant
                                        I am very sad to get this news. Rocky traveled a very similar path to the one my husband was on and gave us comfort and encouragement. I had always hoped that he would be successful in his battle. He is now truly an angel.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

JuleFL
                                        Participant
                                          I am very sad to get this news. Rocky traveled a very similar path to the one my husband was on and gave us comfort and encouragement. I had always hoped that he would be successful in his battle. He is now truly an angel.

Jule (Cal’s wife)

James from Sydney
                                          Participant

thanks for posting Michael,  may he rest in peace, i only knew him from this forum but he was a very decent caring sharing person. Rocky you will be missed but not forgotten.

James

James from Sydney
                                            Participant

thanks for posting Michael,  may he rest in peace, i only knew him from this forum but he was a very decent caring sharing person. Rocky you will be missed but not forgotten.

James

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Michael,I thank you very much for posting this.  I hate to have this happen and enjoyed conversing with Rocky.  He was both a nice guy and a real warrier.My sympathy goes out to his family for the hugh hole left in their lives.  I also agree that he is now free from the pain and agony of these battles.  Wish the outcome could have been different.

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Michael,I thank you very much for posting this.  I hate to have this happen and enjoyed conversing with Rocky.  He was both a nice guy and a real warrier.My sympathy goes out to his family for the hugh hole left in their lives.  I also agree that he is now free from the pain and agony of these battles.  Wish the outcome could have been different.

dian in spokane
                                                  Participant

ahhh.. I am so sorry to hear this. thanks for posting Michael

dian

dian in spokane
                                                    Participant

ahhh.. I am so sorry to hear this. thanks for posting Michael

dian

KellieSue
                                                      Participant

So sorry to read this today. I looked forward to Rockloves posting. He was very knowledgable on melanoma. Thinking of his family.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, on B-RAF

KellieSue
                                                        Participant

So sorry to read this today. I looked forward to Rockloves posting. He was very knowledgable on melanoma. Thinking of his family.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, on B-RAF

MaryD
                                                          Participant

Thanks for posting Michael – I had been thinking of Rocky.  He is out of pain, at peace, and sending his family my sincere condolences . .

Mary

MaryD
                                                            Participant

Thanks for posting Michael – I had been thinking of Rocky.  He is out of pain, at peace, and sending his family my sincere condolences . .

Mary

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics