The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Resting Comfortably

Forums General Melanoma Community Resting Comfortably

Participant
      After a very late start(3.5 hours late), Kevin had his tumor removed. I unfortunately got a fever this am so I couldn’t be there with him. I couldn’t risk him getting something from me. The doctor told me that he did well. A pretty big tumor that was sitting on the outside wall of the small bowel. But it is out and now it is time to heal! Thank you for all the warm wishes and prayers. The greatest thing about my husband? He asked how I was feeling when he got to his room. I love this man and even though I know this is a long road, I am confident to travel it with him!
    Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

You go girl!!!  Glad that part of Kevin's (and your) journey is done!  I LITERALLY would not be here today, if not for my husband.  He pushed and shoved and petted and loved.  He found the docs.  He found the trials.  He is my heart.  And just think…you do all of that for Kevin!  It means more to those of us gaining the scars than you can imagine.  More than we can explain or ever repay.  Our lovers and friends put us back together again…everytime.  Travel forth.  C

Bubbles
          Participant

You go girl!!!  Glad that part of Kevin's (and your) journey is done!  I LITERALLY would not be here today, if not for my husband.  He pushed and shoved and petted and loved.  He found the docs.  He found the trials.  He is my heart.  And just think…you do all of that for Kevin!  It means more to those of us gaining the scars than you can imagine.  More than we can explain or ever repay.  Our lovers and friends put us back together again…everytime.  Travel forth.  C

Bubbles
            Participant

Jahendry12
              Participant

Thanks for the update & so glad the surgery is over. Let the healing begin.  Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  Get some rest (I know it's hard with kids) and remember to take care of yourself. Kevin will need you when he comes home.

Julie

Jahendry12
                Participant

Thanks for the update & so glad the surgery is over. Let the healing begin.  Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  Get some rest (I know it's hard with kids) and remember to take care of yourself. Kevin will need you when he comes home.

Julie

Jahendry12
                  Participant

Julie

POW
                    Participant

Megan, thank you so much for the update. I've been thinking about Kevin all day and hoping things went well. I am so glad that they found this tumor especially since it was larger than you expected. I have heard several people say that it is extremely difficult to find tumors in among the intestines, so that God and thank your doctors for spotting this one. That's one lucky break, anyway!

POW
                      Participant

Megan, thank you so much for the update. I've been thinking about Kevin all day and hoping things went well. I am so glad that they found this tumor especially since it was larger than you expected. I have heard several people say that it is extremely difficult to find tumors in among the intestines, so that God and thank your doctors for spotting this one. That's one lucky break, anyway!

POW
                        Participant

BrianP
                          Participant

So glad to hear the surgery went well.  Praying for a smooth and fast recovery.

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

So glad to hear he has that behind him now. I hope you are feeling better soon and am praying for a smooth recovery for Kevin. 

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

So glad to hear he has that behind him now. I hope you are feeling better soon and am praying for a smooth recovery for Kevin. 

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

Maureen038
                                        Participant

Megan, 

I'm so glad Kevin is recovering and hopefully he will be NED for a very long time! As a caregiver myself, please take care of yourself too. It is an agonizing experience and if you are ever interested in mutual support, email me. I will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                          Participant

Megan, 

I'm so glad Kevin is recovering and hopefully he will be NED for a very long time! As a caregiver myself, please take care of yourself too. It is an agonizing experience and if you are ever interested in mutual support, email me. I will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                            Participant

Megan, 

Maureen

mwcollins
                                            Participant
                                              Thanks everyone so much! Recovery is a slow process as we all know and want to be ‘normal’ so much faster than our bodies let us. Kevin is realizing that. He asked that his parents not visit today so he can rest more. I’m guessing the nurses didn’t let him sleep much last night. One day at a time. . .
                                              mwcollins
                                              Participant
                                                Thanks everyone so much! Recovery is a slow process as we all know and want to be ‘normal’ so much faster than our bodies let us. Kevin is realizing that. He asked that his parents not visit today so he can rest more. I’m guessing the nurses didn’t let him sleep much last night. One day at a time. . .
                                                  tschmith
                                                  Participant

Hoping you both can get some rest and am glad that Kevin's surgery went well!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                    Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                                      Participant

Terrie

JerryfromFauq
                                                        Participant

YEAH, now if we could just get some sleep without the nurses waking one up.  Glad the operation is over with .  Rest and get well Kevin.  Gall you take care of yourself while he gets rested in the hospital, your tern will come back to being the caregiver when he gets home!

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

YEAH, now if we could just get some sleep without the nurses waking one up.  Glad the operation is over with .  Rest and get well Kevin.  Gall you take care of yourself while he gets rested in the hospital, your tern will come back to being the caregiver when he gets home!

JerryfromFauq
                                                            Participant

mwcollins
                                                            Participant
                                                          Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics