The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ready for INCMGA0012-102!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Ready for INCMGA0012-102!!

Participant
      Hello MRF family! Boy this trial stuff is “thorough” to say the least! But im approved and in the process to began!! Im not doing the original one i told you last, the Durva/Trem (MED14736) one, now im enrolled in the trial called INCMGA0012-102, the drug labled INCMGA00012 with a T-CELL booster called Epacadostat so, next week, the 25th MRI & CT scans (at Dr. Hamids not Kaiser like before) then the next day 26th, a biopsy to my tumor on my side, Kaiser never did it so, fresh biopsy for the cause! Get full bloodwork done, more “extensive” then a normal CBC like im use to the, on October 8th ill do my very first infusion of INCMGA00012, a drug which could very well be the first cure of Melanoma known to Man/Woman! (Yes, im that hopeful!) Then, ill be given a ” T-Cell” booster Epacadostat which helps the INCMGA00012 to work better by causing my T-Cells to stay in battle a little longer, longer then they normally would before they die off (We constantly generate new ones) so yah! Wow! Melanoma Science! My biopsy will be FINALLY tested the PROPER way to look at its genes, DNA make up, more info on the enemy the better!, the Trial Nurse was blown away by how many “biopsys” iv had since 2008 with Kaiser! Haha…and they never did anything with them!!
      You guys, thank you so so so Much for kickin me in the Butt (Ass rather) to really get motivated and get up the funds to get in with Hamid! Hes a true Oncologist that i wish All of you could have, if i could just win the damn Lottery id get you all over here! Atleast the peeps that arnt happy with their own onco’s haha…im gettin back in Fight Mode guys, boots are spiffy, backpack is ready & filled with snacks, Tablet & charger! Lets get back to the Juice Bar!…. love ya guys, have a good weekend ok?
    Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant
          Oh this is fantastic, Mike!! I love it that Hamid’s looking at combinations. I’m sure this is the kick in t e pants Mel needs to take a hike!ay

May those supercharged T-cells of yours do the trick.

Shalom,
          Julie

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              My beautiful SoCal Sistah! Thank you Julie, im truelly blessed BIGTIME by all of your & everybody elses support getting me up to this point of my Melanoma journey! Im truelly happy with my new doctor Dr. Hamid and his kickass Staff!! Youve heard of him im sure, hes at the Angeles Clinic there in West LA ( not the Santa Monica one)… hope your stable? Ill have to look over the board, i dont recall an update on you??? Be well Julie…
            Coragirl
            Participant
              Hi Mike, I will be thinking of you and praying and sending ALL the good vibes your way as you start your next fight! Your attitude is amazing. Best wishes and hugs.
                MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Thank you Amie!! Im in a good place in my Head not to mention my new doctor Dr. Hamid!! Theres hope now, not having hope really SUCKED BUTT! I now feel important unlike that Dr. Jang dude out in Kaiser Riverside, that guy showed NO COMPASSION!! he was very unprofessional with no BASIC human kindness, now, my primary oncologist at my home base Kaiser here at home Dr. Pakanati is a sweet heart, she tried her best but couldnt go further with her knowledge of Melanoma, she kept me alive this far!! Diagnosed in 2008!! Take care Amie!
                MichelleRHG
                Participant
                  Great news!
                  MLD1973
                  Participant
                    Great to hear you have your fighting spirit, fingers crossed this trial kick MM arse.

Love M x

Bubbles
                    Participant
                      Awesome! That sounds very promising!! Looking forward to you rocking it out on October 8!!! C
                        MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Thank you Bubbles! I cant wait to try out what could very well be the first Cure for Melanoma!! Like i said, im that Faithfull!!!!! And thank you Celeste for all your help, not only to me but the rest of us ratties here in MRF Land!!
                        MarkR
                        Participant
                          This is great news Mike and I’m loving the confidence – hope all goes really well and look forward to the the updates on your progress
                          Mark
                          lkb
                          Participant
                            You’re sounding much, much better already, Spiffy Boots! Keep the updates rollin’.
                            jbronicki
                            Participant
                              Couldn’t be prouder of you Mike! You are officially joining the Ratties! Honestly, I’m so happy for you and have just been reading on epacadostat, very encouraging. You deserve only the best options and Dr. Hamid is the deliverer of those options, he’s amazing. First and foremost, I’m wishing this trial works to synergistically ramp up the response to immunotherapy and that you get 100% results. We need you around 🙂 Second, I’m proud of you for supporting research that could NOT be done without people like you who are willing to not only get experimental treatment (along with standard of care) but do something that will benefit all of us. You ratties are true heroes in my book along with the doctors/nurses/researchers/research staff that dedicate their lives to this work. Also, way to go in getting to Dr. Hamid, you truly advocated for yourself and that is a model for the the rest of us. Hugs!
                                MelanomaMike
                                Participant
                                  Awwww! Jackie! That was Very sweet, thank you thank you thank you! And yes, i believe in my trial that ill be going through, to be the next BIG weapon to wipe out Melanoma completely! I even signed off on extra tumor tissue to be extracted and sent out to Cancer Science to have, theyll use it as they need to, to use in their own studies…love ya sister!!!!!
                                chrispl1974
                                Participant
                                  Mike,

FANTASTIC NEWS. This new trial looks extremely promising and I do not know why, but I have a feeling that there is a good chance you will be participating in a ground breaking experiment !!!

You will beat this Melanoma M/§%erfu%§% 🙂

take care

Chris

MelanomaMike
                                    Participant
                                      Hi Chris! Haha..you made me laugh when you said “And i dont know why”.. haha…me either really, theres very little results out frim my Trial study so, i do believe its the next BIG THING for us folks with Melanoma! Just let me be the Guinea Pig first, weed out the bs before we put it out to the market! Haha…thanks brother…
                                    gopher38
                                    Participant
                                      Best of luck. Hope this is a big success and helps you and people to follow. Keep that tablet charged (essential part of melanoma treatment).
                                        MelanomaMike
                                        Participant
                                          Thank you so! Im ready ready ready for this! This Wed & Thurs ill be busy doing pre-treatment tests, MRI, CT, Bloodwork and Biopsy so, after that ill be golden & ready to hit the Juice Bar once again on Oct 8th! Its been Almost 3 months since my very last dose of Opdivo when it was halted so, im thirsty!!
                                    Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics