The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Reached a new milestone

Forums General Melanoma Community Reached a new milestone

Participant

Almost twelve years ago I started my journey with melanoma and since that time have done 1 year of interferon,  a peptide vaccine clincial trial, radiation, ipi after progressing to stage IV via a lung met, and a 6 month course of pulsed IL-2.

Yesterday I had my six month CT scan and have officially gone 4 years since the last recurrence – something I couldn't have imagined happening!   There are so many fighting this disease valiantly and with great courage – I can only wish that this news gives encouragement and hope to all.

Mary

Almost twelve years ago I started my journey with melanoma and since that time have done 1 year of interferon,  a peptide vaccine clincial trial, radiation, ipi after progressing to stage IV via a lung met, and a 6 month course of pulsed IL-2.

Yesterday I had my six month CT scan and have officially gone 4 years since the last recurrence – something I couldn't have imagined happening!   There are so many fighting this disease valiantly and with great courage – I can only wish that this news gives encouragement and hope to all.

Mary

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

Congratulations, Mary! It's so encouraging to read these posts from stage IV survivors. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Linny
          Participant

Congratulations, Mary! It's so encouraging to read these posts from stage IV survivors. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Linny
            Participant

aldakota22
              Participant

Keep going Mary,These posts are the type we all love readingPraying we all have as much sucess as you.Beat the Beast.  Al

Randy437
                  Participant

I too am stage IV. Almost three years since last recurrance and I hope to share your great results. Scans were clean a month ago. May I ask what peptide vacine trial you were in?

MaryD
                    Participant

Hi Randy,

I was in the peptide vaccine trial in 2004 at USC in Los Angeles with Dr. Jeffery Weber (his is now at Moffitt in Tampa).   The vaccine consisted of Mart 1, Tyrosinase, and GP 100.    When I got the lung met, I did Dr. Weber's Ipi trial at Moffitt and it also included the same vaccine along with it so I had quite a few vaccines!

Mary

MaryD
                      Participant

Hi Randy,

I was in the peptide vaccine trial in 2004 at USC in Los Angeles with Dr. Jeffery Weber (his is now at Moffitt in Tampa).   The vaccine consisted of Mart 1, Tyrosinase, and GP 100.    When I got the lung met, I did Dr. Weber's Ipi trial at Moffitt and it also included the same vaccine along with it so I had quite a few vaccines!

Mary

MaryD
                        Participant

Hi Randy,

Mary

Randy437
                          Participant

I too am stage IV. Almost three years since last recurrance and I hope to share your great results. Scans were clean a month ago. May I ask what peptide vacine trial you were in?

Randy437
                            Participant

aldakota22
                            Participant

Keep going Mary,These posts are the type we all love readingPraying we all have as much sucess as you.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

Thank you for sharing your great news!! It is always such an encouragement to hear these things and we all rejoice with good news like yours.

Happy Day!

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

Thank you for sharing your great news!! It is always such an encouragement to hear these things and we all rejoice with good news like yours.

Happy Day!

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Happy Day!

Tina

triciad
                                      Participant

Such wonderful news…thanks for giving us all hope!  Prayers for continued good health!

Tricia

triciad
                                        Participant

Such wonderful news…thanks for giving us all hope!  Prayers for continued good health!

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

Tricia

King
                                            Participant

Mary,

Of course, I know your story well but am so happy that you posted it.  I'm sure it will give hope to many.  You've been a great friend and support to me on my journey.  I hope melanoma is in your rear view mirror. ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay Strong
                                              Kathie

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                              Participant

Mary,

Of course, I know your story well but am so happy that you posted it.  I'm sure it will give hope to many.  You've been a great friend and support to me on my journey.  I hope melanoma is in your rear view mirror. ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay Strong
                                                Kathie

King
                                                Participant

Mary,

Stay Strong
                                                  Kathie

Rocco
                                                  Participant

Mary,

Thanks for posting this great news.  I found your posts over the years so helpful in my own fight!  Glad to hear that the good news continues for you!

-Rocco – IV in 2005, ipi responder since 2009

Rocco
                                                    Participant

Mary,

Thanks for posting this great news.  I found your posts over the years so helpful in my own fight!  Glad to hear that the good news continues for you!

Rocco
                                                      Participant

Mary,

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics