The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Prayers for strength please…

Forums General Melanoma Community Prayers for strength please…

Participant

I know I haven't been on in awhile, but Dave is not doing well.  The chemo combo has stopped working, and although we got him to his first IPI infusion on Thursday, by Saturday it was apparent that it has spread to his brain.  I called the rescue squad, and he was admiited on Saturday.  The good thing is, he is not in any pain and the tumor is affecting his short term memory, but not his long term…

I know I haven't been on in awhile, but Dave is not doing well.  The chemo combo has stopped working, and although we got him to his first IPI infusion on Thursday, by Saturday it was apparent that it has spread to his brain.  I called the rescue squad, and he was admiited on Saturday.  The good thing is, he is not in any pain and the tumor is affecting his short term memory, but not his long term… so he knows we are all there with him.  We want to bring him home, but our local hospice does not support IV pain management, and his doctors have said they will keep him as long as they can so they can coordinate the pain control.  Our family is surrounded by a wonderful medical team that sat and cried with us, and so many friends that have helped in so many ways.  Dave has touched so many lives, that I know no matter what, me and the kids will be ok.

I am so thankful for everybody on this board,  Dave is such a fighter, and I ask for prayers for peace for him.  He is a wonderful person… I wish you all had a chance to meet him.

Much love to all of you, and please remember, don't ever give up –

Maria

Viewing 47 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Hate reading the negative posts.Dave will be in my prayers.Know you both are fighters.This cancer sucks.Would have loved to meet him.ay you both find the peace you fought so hard for.  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Hate reading the negative posts.Dave will be in my prayers.Know you both are fighters.This cancer sucks.Would have loved to meet him.ay you both find the peace you fought so hard for.  Al

aldakota22
            Participant

Fen
              Participant

I'm so sorry, Maria.  Praying that you continue to find support in your family, friends, and faith.

Fen
                Participant

I'm so sorry, Maria.  Praying that you continue to find support in your family, friends, and faith.

Fen
                  Participant

Phil S
                    Participant
                      Maria, I am so sorry, I got teary eyed when you wrote wish we all had a chance to meet him. I feel like I know both of you a little from your posts, I definitely know your love and commitment to Dave, and his fighting spirit. Please know prayers are being said, for a peaceful passing for Dave and for strength for you and your children. You are an amazing family, those blessings will help you get through these very, very difficult days! God Bless and Love, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                      Phil S
                      Participant
                        Maria, I am so sorry, I got teary eyed when you wrote wish we all had a chance to meet him. I feel like I know both of you a little from your posts, I definitely know your love and commitment to Dave, and his fighting spirit. Please know prayers are being said, for a peaceful passing for Dave and for strength for you and your children. You are an amazing family, those blessings will help you get through these very, very difficult days! God Bless and Love, Valerie and Phil Simpson
                        Phil S
                        Participant
                          CarolA
                          Participant

Dear Maria, I never expected to see your post today.    I am sorry to read of Dave's condition, that the chemo combo has stopped working.    I am also sorry that we never connected over a summer drive, meeting half-way somewhere.   Life has its way of complicating Life, and that is where I am swallowed up…in Life and family/aging parents.   I always think of you and Dave, say a prayer, hopeful that things were going as good as they could.   You are a wonderful caregiver, a great contributor to this forum, and no doubt a wonderful Mom and wife.   You have described Dave's situation in such an easy-to-understand manner, and your advise and support to other warriors puts you in the top of contributors.

I pray that there is some kind of respite in this advancement of Dave's disease, that allows for bunches of good days to come your family's way.   Your love for him, your respect for him is so evident in your posts.   You have done so much for him in research, and subsequently for us.  May blessings be returned to you and yours as you enter this phase of Dave's journey.   You have made us all feel like we've gotten to know Dave.   Prayers for strength and peace for him.

And, I won't give up!

Fondly,

CarolA

From Amherst, NY

CarolA
                            Participant

Dear Maria, I never expected to see your post today.    I am sorry to read of Dave's condition, that the chemo combo has stopped working.    I am also sorry that we never connected over a summer drive, meeting half-way somewhere.   Life has its way of complicating Life, and that is where I am swallowed up…in Life and family/aging parents.   I always think of you and Dave, say a prayer, hopeful that things were going as good as they could.   You are a wonderful caregiver, a great contributor to this forum, and no doubt a wonderful Mom and wife.   You have described Dave's situation in such an easy-to-understand manner, and your advise and support to other warriors puts you in the top of contributors.

I pray that there is some kind of respite in this advancement of Dave's disease, that allows for bunches of good days to come your family's way.   Your love for him, your respect for him is so evident in your posts.   You have done so much for him in research, and subsequently for us.  May blessings be returned to you and yours as you enter this phase of Dave's journey.   You have made us all feel like we've gotten to know Dave.   Prayers for strength and peace for him.

And, I won't give up!

Fondly,

CarolA

From Amherst, NY

CarolA
                              Participant

And, I won't give up!

Fondly,

CarolA

From Amherst, NY

triciad
                                Participant

Maria,

You are an amazing person, and Dave is so lucky to have you!!!  Tears are streaming down my face as I type.  Please know that you are all in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Maria,

You are an amazing person, and Dave is so lucky to have you!!!  Tears are streaming down my face as I type.  Please know that you are all in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Maria,

Tricia

samcanada
                                      Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry to hear of Dave's condition. You were one of the first people to reach out to me when my husband was first diagnosed and you helped me feel not so alone. Please know that there will be so many of us praying for you and your family, that you all find peace. You truely are an amazing person. 

Samantha

samcanada
                                        Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry to hear of Dave's condition. You were one of the first people to reach out to me when my husband was first diagnosed and you helped me feel not so alone. Please know that there will be so many of us praying for you and your family, that you all find peace. You truely are an amazing person. 

Samantha

samcanada
                                          Participant

Maria,

Samantha

lhaley
                                            Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry to hear what is going on with Dave.  Sending you prayers and hugs that they are able to keep Dave without pain and a way to take you home.

Linda

lhaley
                                              Participant

Maria,

I am so sorry to hear what is going on with Dave.  Sending you prayers and hugs that they are able to keep Dave without pain and a way to take you home.

Linda

lhaley
                                                Participant

Maria,

Linda

Karin L
                                                  Participant

I am so sorry Maria.  I am so sorry Dave.  I want to just KICK something!  I wanted Dave to beat this.  I have been in the corners watching your journey from the beginning and I am so angry! 

Karin

Karin L
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry Maria.  I am so sorry Dave.  I want to just KICK something!  I wanted Dave to beat this.  I have been in the corners watching your journey from the beginning and I am so angry! 

Karin

deardad
                                                        Participant

Oh Maria,

I'm so sad to hear that. We are with you all the way, I just can't believe how quickly things can change. My thoughts and prayers are with you Maria.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                          Participant

Oh Maria,

I'm so sad to hear that. We are with you all the way, I just can't believe how quickly things can change. My thoughts and prayers are with you Maria.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                            Participant

Oh Maria,

Nahmi from Melbourne

Karin L
                                                            Participant

Karin

hope4cure1
                                                              Participant

Maria, I always think of you and Dave as the adorable "high school sweethearts".  Your relationship is beautiful and the love obvious.  I echo everyone else's feelings of sorrow at hearing that Dave is struggling.  I admire the recognition you are giving Dave by acknowledging his contibution to so many people he has touched.  You also are allowing him peace of mind by saying that you and the kids will be okay because of his love, and the family and friends ready to support you. I would bet that hearing you say that would be of huge comfort to him.  My prayers are with your family, Maria.  I know that you will continue this journey, by Dave's side, with the same love, strength, class, and courage you have shown every step of the way.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                                Participant

Maria, I always think of you and Dave as the adorable "high school sweethearts".  Your relationship is beautiful and the love obvious.  I echo everyone else's feelings of sorrow at hearing that Dave is struggling.  I admire the recognition you are giving Dave by acknowledging his contibution to so many people he has touched.  You also are allowing him peace of mind by saying that you and the kids will be okay because of his love, and the family and friends ready to support you. I would bet that hearing you say that would be of huge comfort to him.  My prayers are with your family, Maria.  I know that you will continue this journey, by Dave's side, with the same love, strength, class, and courage you have shown every step of the way.

Hope

Bubbles
                                                                    Participant

You and Dave are in my heart.  C

Bubbles
                                                                      Participant

Bubbles
                                                                        Participant

hope4cure1
                                                                        Participant

Hope

FormerCaregiver
                                                                          Participant

Maria, I am truly saddened to read this. Praying that Dave will be granted peace and strength at this difficult time.

May God bless you, Dave and your family.  

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                            Participant

Maria, I am truly saddened to read this. Praying that Dave will be granted peace and strength at this difficult time.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                              Participant

Frank from Australia

s Mom
                                                                                Participant

Dear Maria,

I had tears rolling down my face as I read your post, too.  I hate this disease – it is so unfair.

You have been such an inspiration on this board – so kind to everyone and so encouraging.  Dave has been such a fighter – such a hero to all of us.  And I feel as if I know him a little because of your eloquence.  It is obvious how much he is loved.

I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so.  God Bless and I promise, we won't ever give up…

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom) 

s Mom
                                                                                  Participant

Dear Maria,

I had tears rolling down my face as I read your post, too.  I hate this disease – it is so unfair.

You have been such an inspiration on this board – so kind to everyone and so encouraging.  Dave has been such a fighter – such a hero to all of us.  And I feel as if I know him a little because of your eloquence.  It is obvious how much he is loved.

I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so.  God Bless and I promise, we won't ever give up…

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom) 

s Mom
                                                                                    Participant

Dear Maria,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom) 

gabsound
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                        Maria,

I’m so sorry to hear your news of Dave. He has fought a very courageous battle and has done that with your love and support as well as that of your family and friends. What a wonderful gift you have given him. I cant imagine going through this without the love and support of friends and family. I pray that Dave can remain free of pain and that if this truly is the end of his journey, that it is peaceful for all of you. God bless you all. I pray for strength for all of you. Thank you for all your generous support to those of us on this board. Please take care.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Maria,

I’m so sorry to hear your news of Dave. He has fought a very courageous battle and has done that with your love and support as well as that of your family and friends. What a wonderful gift you have given him. I cant imagine going through this without the love and support of friends and family. I pray that Dave can remain free of pain and that if this truly is the end of his journey, that it is peaceful for all of you. God bless you all. I pray for strength for all of you. Thank you for all your generous support to those of us on this board. Please take care.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            Maria,

Julie in Las Vegas

awillett1991
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                Many prayers of peace for you both during these difficult days.
                                                                                                awillett1991
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  awillett1991
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  Richard_K
                                                                                                  Participant

Maria

I am very saddened to read this news and am at a loss as to what to say, God bless.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                    Participant

Maria

I am very saddened to read this news and am at a loss as to what to say, God bless.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                      Participant

Maria

Dick

TSchulz
                                                                                                        Participant

Maria, 

I am so sorry to read your news this morning.  I wish for you, Dave and all of your family all the strength and peace that can be found in this situation.  It sounds as if his doctors are committed to keeping him comfortable which hopefully is a comfort to you.  His journey, along with all others on this board, inspire me to outsmart and kick this stupid disease.  

Peace and love to you, Troy

TSchulz
                                                                                                          Participant

Maria, 

I am so sorry to read your news this morning.  I wish for you, Dave and all of your family all the strength and peace that can be found in this situation.  It sounds as if his doctors are committed to keeping him comfortable which hopefully is a comfort to you.  His journey, along with all others on this board, inspire me to outsmart and kick this stupid disease.  

TSchulz
                                                                                                            Participant

Maria, 

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                Participant

Maria,

big hugs.. and many prayers..

there still may be time to save Dave…

please call the national cancer research foundation..

you can find them on facebook.. or at ww.ncrf.org..

they are healing cancers… if he is not too far gone.. there may still be time.. and seeing that they are still wanting to

try things.. there may still be hope..

i personally know a woman healed from brain cancer after 9 yrs of fighing with normal means..

these people are amazing.. they have offered to give it to my daughter at no charge.. as she is a student..

i do not work for them.. have nothing to do with them except that they have helped me.. and my daughter and my friend..

it works very quickly.. and if nothing else is known to help with pain..

i wish you the best… and hope for Dave to recover…

please please call them.. its worth a  phone call..

they are VERY
                                                                                                                  busy.. and understaffed.. so. leave a message.. and let them know how urgent it is..

they will not steer you wrong.. if he is too far along.. they will tell you.. and not lead you into hope that is not realistic..

xxx good luck..

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                  Participant

Maria,

they are healing cancers… if he is not too far gone.. there may still be time.. and seeing that they are still wanting to

i personally know a woman healed from brain cancer after 9 yrs of fighing with normal means..

these people are amazing.. they have offered to give it to my daughter at no charge.. as she is a student..

i do not work for them.. have nothing to do with them except that they have helped me.. and my daughter and my friend..

they are VERY
                                                                                                                    busy.. and understaffed.. so. leave a message.. and let them know how urgent it is..

they will not steer you wrong.. if he is too far along.. they will tell you.. and not lead you into hope that is not realistic..

xxx good luck..

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                    Participant

Maria,

they are VERY

xxx good luck..

Lea H
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Maria,
                                                                                                                      You have been a voice of support and comfort for so many others on this site (including me) and I know that you have the prayers of all the warriors at MRF as you and Dave and your family deal with what lies ahead. Having lost my husband 4 months ago I know the road you are all traveling is a heartbreaking one but take comfort from the love and support of those around you.
                                                                                                                      Lots of prayers for peace x Leanne (wife of Erik, my Viking warrior)
                                                                                                                        NYKaren
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          Dear Maria,
                                                                                                                          You have given so much encouragement, support and comfort to many of us here; I pray that Dave, you, and your wonderful family find comfort in the days ahead.
                                                                                                                          with love,
                                                                                                                          karen
                                                                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            Dear Maria,
                                                                                                                            You have given so much encouragement, support and comfort to many of us here; I pray that Dave, you, and your wonderful family find comfort in the days ahead.
                                                                                                                            with love,
                                                                                                                            karen
                                                                                                                            NYKaren
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              Dear Maria,
                                                                                                                              with love,
                                                                                                                              karen
                                                                                                                              Snickers60
                                                                                                                              Participant

Dear Maria and family – how sad to read this report !   Know that we are thinking of you and praying that GOD will make

a way out where there seems to be no way.   He can do that and I ask Him to in Jesus name.   I pray for PEACE that

passeth understanding, COMFORT, the ARMS of loving one's helping you through this, but most of all the LOVE that transcends all LOVE – the LOVE and COMFORT of knowing "HE" will never leave you or forsake you – ever.   

May God hold you all close to Himself and let you KNOW and FEEL HIS PRESENCE.   HIS WILL BE DONE !

Nancy (devoted wife of 3X Warrior Wayne) 

Snickers60
                                                                                                                                Participant

Dear Maria and family – how sad to read this report !   Know that we are thinking of you and praying that GOD will make

a way out where there seems to be no way.   He can do that and I ask Him to in Jesus name.   I pray for PEACE that

passeth understanding, COMFORT, the ARMS of loving one's helping you through this, but most of all the LOVE that transcends all LOVE – the LOVE and COMFORT of knowing "HE" will never leave you or forsake you – ever.   

May God hold you all close to Himself and let you KNOW and FEEL HIS PRESENCE.   HIS WILL BE DONE !

Snickers60
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Lea H
                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                    Maria,
                                                                                                                                    You have been a voice of support and comfort for so many others on this site (including me) and I know that you have the prayers of all the warriors at MRF as you and Dave and your family deal with what lies ahead. Having lost my husband 4 months ago I know the road you are all traveling is a heartbreaking one but take comfort from the love and support of those around you.
                                                                                                                                    Lea H
                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                      Maria,
                                                                                                                                      LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                      Participant

The government website aka The National Institutes of Health is reliable.. Go to http://www.cancer.gov and click on clinical trials. Many life safing trials are paid for free in California…You should first contact  The American Cancer Society and tell them your problems…they will point you in the right direction…http://www.cancer.org/

If you need some one to help you through the hoops…you can contact contact the International Cancer Advocacy Neywork at  http://www.askican.org/   It's a free service and they can also assit you in finding appropriate melanoma treatment.

The NCRF is not a professional melanoma resource…

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                          Participant

I noticed many typing errors…sorry!

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                            Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                              Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                              Participant

The government website aka The National Institutes of Health is reliable.. Go to http://www.cancer.gov and click on clinical trials. Many life safing trials are paid for free in California…You should first contact  The American Cancer Society and tell them your problems…they will point you in the right direction…http://www.cancer.org/

If you need some one to help you through the hoops…you can contact contact the International Cancer Advocacy Neywork at  http://www.askican.org/   It's a free service and they can also assit you in finding appropriate melanoma treatment.

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Viewing 47 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics