The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Posting some Good, Too Much Sadness lately

Forums General Melanoma Community Posting some Good, Too Much Sadness lately

Participant

There has been so much negative, not so great news on here lately that I am finding myself getting depressed reading.  I read about this stuff and I pray for them.  I look into their files and see where they started, where they are now, what they treated with, hospice or no hospice.  And then I pray for them again.  A total depressed stage I have been living in…

There has been so much negative, not so great news on here lately that I am finding myself getting depressed reading.  I read about this stuff and I pray for them.  I look into their files and see where they started, where they are now, what they treated with, hospice or no hospice.  And then I pray for them again.  A total depressed stage I have been living in…

Then I thought to myself, I AM doing well.  I HAVE no distant disease (God willing that will stay that way ).  Being Stage   3-A ( wishing I was 2 or 1)  is not so bad! 

My baseline scans are clean.  My three month check up with my surgeon was Monday and I am doing fine.  No lumps, no symptoms, no nothing.  Just the same ole me, with a diagnosis of MELANOMA… A melanoma survivor!

So that being said, I am going to finish my work today, I am going to get out in that humid air, sunny day (of course with loads of sunblock and a hat!) and I am going to have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend.  I pray for the same for all of you  !

Peace and Love to all –

Kathy

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carol Taylor
        Participant

Amen to that Kathy! Same here, 3b and lymphedema under control since late 2008 and doing great.

Happy EVERY Day!

Grace and peace,

Carol

kbc123
            Participant

Thank you Carol for all your kind words… Positive thoughts!

kbc123
              Participant

Thank you Carol for all your kind words… Positive thoughts!

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Amen to that Kathy! Same here, 3b and lymphedema under control since late 2008 and doing great.

Happy EVERY Day!

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                Participant

Kathy,

To often members of the board are afraid to post good news because others are having so many issues. That isn't right!  We love to hear the good news, that's what keeps us going and gives us hope.

I'm so glad that you posted and that your doing well. Your right, it's been a sad week and we need some good news from anyone that has any to share!

For myself I'm having surgery next week and then I plan on posting that I am again NED!

Thanks for sharing good news,

Linda

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Linda,

Will be praying for you. Hope your surgery goes better than smoothly, recuperation is quick and spectacular, and that you give ned a big hug.

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Linda,

Will be praying for you. Hope your surgery goes better than smoothly, recuperation is quick and spectacular, and that you give ned a big hug.

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

kbc123
                        Participant

I was afriad to post to be honest…But other people need to hear good stuff too, especially us Newbies to this.

Praying for your surgery to go fabulous and NED for you again !  We will be waiting for the Good News !!

Kathy

TracyLee
                          Participant

Never be afraid to post good news, it's what gives us all hope!

First Ipi treatment today, feeling fine and trusting in God that I will continue to feel fine as I respond and kick melanoma to the curb. I'm at work as I type.

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Your possse expects nothing less than this from our fearless leader!

Glad your "episode" last night is over and you're on the go!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Your possse expects nothing less than this from our fearless leader!

Glad your "episode" last night is over and you're on the go!

Grace and peace,

Carol

TracyLee
                                Participant

Never be afraid to post good news, it's what gives us all hope!

First Ipi treatment today, feeling fine and trusting in God that I will continue to feel fine as I respond and kick melanoma to the curb. I'm at work as I type.

kbc123
                                  Participant

I was afriad to post to be honest…But other people need to hear good stuff too, especially us Newbies to this.

Praying for your surgery to go fabulous and NED for you again !  We will be waiting for the Good News !!

Kathy

lhaley
                                  Participant

Kathy,

To often members of the board are afraid to post good news because others are having so many issues. That isn't right!  We love to hear the good news, that's what keeps us going and gives us hope.

I'm so glad that you posted and that your doing well. Your right, it's been a sad week and we need some good news from anyone that has any to share!

For myself I'm having surgery next week and then I plan on posting that I am again NED!

Thanks for sharing good news,

Linda

RMcLegal
                                    Participant

Kathy, always nice to hear good news here so don't ever hesitate to post it!  Best wishes.  I'm a Stage IIIc survivor (nearly 8 years) and NED.  Have a great weekend.

Rich

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com

RMcLegal
                                      Participant

Kathy, always nice to hear good news here so don't ever hesitate to post it!  Best wishes.  I'm a Stage IIIc survivor (nearly 8 years) and NED.  Have a great weekend.

Rich

http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com

jimjoeb
                                        Participant

Thanks for the positive news. It gives people like me who are new and still facing final staging the hope and the courage to move forward and fight.

I have an inguinal node dissection on June 10th that will be the confirmation of my stage.

Thanks!

kbc123
                                            Participant

I too am new (January this all started – found a mole and the story now continues).  It is such a scary time, not knowing, but once you know – then you are clear on what will happen next.  (If that makes any sense) 

Happy thoughts and wishes for you on June 10th … You will then be 'confirmed' and moving on from there !

Have a blessed day !

Kathy

kbc123
                                              Participant

I too am new (January this all started – found a mole and the story now continues).  It is such a scary time, not knowing, but once you know – then you are clear on what will happen next.  (If that makes any sense) 

Happy thoughts and wishes for you on June 10th … You will then be 'confirmed' and moving on from there !

Have a blessed day !

Kathy

jimjoeb
                                              Participant

Thanks for the positive news. It gives people like me who are new and still facing final staging the hope and the courage to move forward and fight.

I have an inguinal node dissection on June 10th that will be the confirmation of my stage.

Thanks!

kbc123
                                                Participant

And PS…. Thank you all for posting your GOOD NEWS ! Keep it coming ! It puts a smile on my face! 

🙂

FormerCaregiver
                                                    Participant

While there are a lot of people who are have been struggling lately, there are some people
                                                      who continue to beat the odds. These melanoma warriors give us hope that things might not
                                                      be as bad as they seem.

Like you, I read the profiles of the people who post here. The 2 important things that I
                                                      look at are the depth of primary, and what treatment they have had. From this, I can
                                                      roughly estimate how serious their condition is and their likely prognosis. I also think
                                                      that it is important to pray for anyone who asks for prayers.

Please don't be afraid to post, because as you say other people really do need to hear
                                                      good stuff as well.

I feel that you are going really well. The depth of your primary was not too deep, and as
                                                      expected your scans are clear.

You are in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

kbc123
                                                      Participant

Hello Frank in Australia!  ( I always wanted friends overseas, just in case i get the urge to take a trip out of the USA!!)

I agree, prayers are important.  I am going to post much more now.  I appreciate your input on my mel and depth and what you think.   I think that is what I need to hear, more than occassionally that I am "doing well"  because I am.  Its the thoughts in your mind that get the better of you.

I hope you are having a great day!  Thanks for the prayers…!

Kathy

kbc123
                                                        Participant

Hello Frank in Australia!  ( I always wanted friends overseas, just in case i get the urge to take a trip out of the USA!!)

I agree, prayers are important.  I am going to post much more now.  I appreciate your input on my mel and depth and what you think.   I think that is what I need to hear, more than occassionally that I am "doing well"  because I am.  Its the thoughts in your mind that get the better of you.

I hope you are having a great day!  Thanks for the prayers…!

Kathy

FormerCaregiver
                                                          Participant

While there are a lot of people who are have been struggling lately, there are some people
                                                            who continue to beat the odds. These melanoma warriors give us hope that things might not
                                                            be as bad as they seem.

Like you, I read the profiles of the people who post here. The 2 important things that I
                                                            look at are the depth of primary, and what treatment they have had. From this, I can
                                                            roughly estimate how serious their condition is and their likely prognosis. I also think
                                                            that it is important to pray for anyone who asks for prayers.

Please don't be afraid to post, because as you say other people really do need to hear
                                                            good stuff as well.

I feel that you are going really well. The depth of your primary was not too deep, and as
                                                            expected your scans are clear.

You are in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

kbc123
                                                          Participant

And PS…. Thank you all for posting your GOOD NEWS ! Keep it coming ! It puts a smile on my face! 

🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics