The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET Scan Completed!

Forums General Melanoma Community PET Scan Completed!

Participant
      Hi Family, i did it! Haha..there are some of you who are just like me, severe claustrophobia, its not the best phobia to have out of all the phobias, but i digress! I did it!
      I took 3 and a half 1mg Ativans, i took 1 before we left, 1 while we where driving, and 1 1/2 when i was gettin the injection! Perfect amount not a care in the world! I was sleepy and still and they played some Hard Rock for me..
      So now we wait for results, id say by Friday or even sooner, i havnt had a PET in over 2 years so, i hope all they see is what we already know, lung tumours, one on stomach and the 12mm spot they found in my last CT in early May on my intestine….I will forward my results asap, im STILL DROWSEY! Its nap time…
      Thank you all and hope you all are feeling good…
    Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        AMcReader
        Participant
          Woooohooooooo!!!!! Way to go, Mike!!! So happy you were able to conquer your fears today.
          TexMelanomex
          Participant
            Right on Big Mike! About dang time brother, now on to delivering a Costco sized ass-whoopin to this bastard of a disease!
            GeoTony
            Participant
              Well done Mike,
              MarkR
              Participant
                Glad you managed to get through it and hope the results come back ok for you. I’m in for CT & MRI on Tuesday and am already feeling the anxiety!!
                Best wishes
                Mark
                MarkR
                Participant
                  Glad you managed to get through it and hope the results come back ok for you. I’m in for CT & MRI on Tuesday and am already feeling the anxiety!!
                  Best wishes
                  Mark
                  Bubbles
                  Participant
                    Way to get it done! c
                    Casitas1
                    Participant
                      Yeah! Mike, gonna have to try your method during my three hour lounge in the MRI scanner. Can’t listen to Matallica’s Enter Sandman though… Well done!

Best, Paul

jbronicki
                      Participant
                        Well done Mike, you did it! 🙂 so proud!
                        ed williams
                        Participant
                          Nice job getting the scan done Mike!!!! Good luck with the results!!!Ed
                          lkb
                          Participant
                            YES, SIR! You did it–nice work! Keep my hopes high for good results.
                              Tset
                              Participant
                                Im not new to the forum but have been keeping up with it since 2014. You are such a breath of fresh air to everyone on this forum. Ive been keeping up with it since then and my second recurrence. When I see your posts it makes me smile. I hope you got good results from your PET scans. Thinking of you here in North Carolina. TSETZ
                          Viewing 9 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics