The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Paul obituary

Forums General Melanoma Community Paul obituary

• Replies
      jennunicorn
      Participant

Thank you Brian. That link didn't work.. hoping this one does:

BrianP
          Participant

Thanks Jenn

Charlie S
            Participant

Now that is what I would call a life well lived on your own terms !!

Here is to you Paul,…………………………..Cheers !!!!

Charlie S

snow white
            Participant

Thanks for posting this, I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it.

Jen

Patrisa
              Participant

Thank you for posting this… He was trully larger than life… He will be missed in this community dearly… 

Patrisa

Scooby123
                Participant
                  Thanks Brian xx
                  Scooby
                  ed williams
                  Participant

Thanks for posting this Brian. Sometimes the world is a very small place, I went to McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada from 1982 -86. I probably crossed pathes in my youth with Paul in Hamilton. What an interesting life he lived.

maperny
                    Participant

Thank you for posting.  He really was an amazing person and lived his life to the fullest.

Bubbles
                      Participant

Paul lived large.  We must all live just a bit larger…to try to fill a small corner of the empty space he leaves in our hearts and in appreciation of the fullness we will forever feel from his indomitable spirit.  c

snow white
                          Participant

Well said Celeste.  I promise to make an effort to live larger, sometimes we forget and get caught up in our day to day life.

xo Jen

jenny22
                          Participant

Thanks for posting this Brian….i had searched for but never knew pauls last name….funny that i never even knew his last name, and was  so touched by his presence here….and overcome with the news he had passed…some folks really leave their mark, and obviosuly Paul was one of them.

I enjoyed reading more about him. He certainly did "live large" as others have said.

Just a huge loss for so many.

thanks again for posting .

jenny

David McCaw
                            Participant

As Ed stated previously, it's a small world. I lived in Paul's hometown during the 70's (high school and college ). I still have family there and will be dropping in during March. I really enjoyed Paul's posts, an amazing man and will be sadly missed and as a stage 4 melanoma patient,  I must be as brave as Paul to keep living life to its fullest. My condolences to his family and friends.  Such an unfair end of  life. I was really rooting for Paul to get to the next trial. Hopefully others will continue to remember Paul, and not give up hope.  I am still reading Paul's posts, he was a real fighter / warrior and shared his thoughts openly.

Corinne
                              Participant

I am sad beyond words. Thank-you Paul for sharing your journey with us. You lived well.

adriana cooper
                                Participant

I had the pleasure of attending the celebration of Paul's life yesterday. Many family members and frinds spoke as did I. One recurring theme from all aspects of Paul's life is one that we all know here, he was a teacher and an inspiration to many, always with a huge smile on his face.  He indeed did live his life large and with passion. Paul's last words to his daughter before he passed were "The most important thing in the world, in the f***ing universe, is love."

Well said Paul.

Adriana wanted to come with me but unfortunately was re-admitted to the hospital on Friday to again try and get her pain under control. Hopefully she can come home soon.

Rob

BrianP
                                    Participant

Thanks for the post Rob.  Fantastic that you made the effort to attend with all that you have going on.  Hope Adriana is feeling better and home soon.

Brian

snow white
                                      Participant

How awesome that you were able to attend.  I am sure his family appreciated it so much.  He last words are so true, love is the most important thing and he showed that right up to the end.  I miss him as I am sure everyone else does to.  Wishing you and Adriana the very best, praying she can get her pain under control.

xo Jen

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics