The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pathology Results are in!

Forums General Melanoma Community Pathology Results are in!

Participant

I just got to view my path results on my MD Anderson account…not sure why they do this without calling first BUT not to detract from the results…

Finally some good news! All 4 lymph nodes were clear and all surgical margins clear! Its weird I should be celebrating right now but not quite ready to let me guard down too much. I was prepared for battle and Im not sure if the battle is coming any time soon…does that sound crazy?

In any event, I'm glad I can share some good news on here tonight. I will post more after talking with Dr. Ross tomorrow. For tonight, Stage II is as far as it goes!

Tex

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Great news Tex, congrats! After a diagnosis like this, you'll always have your guard up a little bit, but I hope you never encounter melanoma again!

Nick C
          Participant

That's what you wanted to hear. Continue to follow the check-up schedule…its important.

Best to you.

NIck

J.bun
            Participant

congrats and stay vigilant!  You should definitely celebrate the good news.

iskitwo
              Participant

Congrats!! Great news. Keep up with the follow ups and enjoy life!!

casagrayson
                Participant

That's great news, Tex!

KimW
                  Participant

Oh that is fantastic news! I could not be happier for you! Get out there and celebrate!  Yay! Always love seeing great news! 

AliCat61
                    Participant

That's wonderful news for youTex, and it gives the rest of us hope! You NEED to celebrate this victory and every other victory, even the small ones. You can do that, yet still remain vigilant. You SHOULD remain vigilant. It's the smart thing to do, 

TexMelanomex
                        Participant

Thank you all for the kind words. Today, finally the excitement hit me. After talking with the treatment team at MDA they have recommended surveillance. So nothing for 3 months, then return for a CT/Ultrasound to make sure everything is on track (which apparently will be part of my life for the next few years at least, no problem I'll take it). Appointment with Derm later this month just for my peace of mind. I fully plan to hang around this forum and continue to check in, offer support, and just be here. This was probably one of the most helpful things in this short journey and you are all amazing people. Unimaginable strength is found here, you folks are warriors and I have the most special of places in my heart for warriors. Its nice to know you are here if this returns, vigiliance and lifestyle changes are on the agenda. This has taught me such an important lesson in priortizing (re-priortizing) my life! God bless all of you and you remain in my prayers because even if my journey is over or has paused,  many of you are still on the journey. Fight!

Jahendry12
                        Participant

Awesome news!!!  Very happy for you. 

Julie in SoCal
                          Participant

Saweeeeeeeeeet!  thanks for sharing the good news!

Julie

raun cesar
                            Participant

Conratz!! The worse is over for now so enjoy and keep checks

jbronicki
                              Participant

Great news Tex!  So happy for you, that's a big relief, your story is very similar to my husbands so if you need any support during the wait and watch, please feel free to reach out!  We will be over at MD anderson in June for scans.

TexMelanomex
                                  Participant

Thank you Jackie! I will be at MDA in June also (not sure of dates yet).

maperny
                                  Participant

Great news, Mr Tex!  You are in great hands at MDA for your surveillance so now off you go to live, love and dance in the big, wild world.

Maria

TexMelanomex
                                      Participant

Thank you! Yes, dancing (even singing – not well)!

snow white
                                      Participant

Great News!  Celebrate the Good News, it doesn't always go that way.

Enjoy- Jen

tschmith
                                        Participant

Love to hear great news like your's!!!!  Hope you touch base every now and then!  

Happy Times!!!!!!!

Terrie

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics