The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo

Participant
      I realize every one reacts differently to immunotherapy. I just wonder what others have done for neurapathy in fingers. I’ve tried a wrist brace at night but I still wake up to tingling and burning in my left hand only. I’m also experiencing swelling in my extremities. Anyone have similar issues and found any relief? I’m trying to walk a half an hour each day but the fatigue is a killer. I’ve only had 2 doses of Opdivo. Doctor never offered any ideas for my side effects. After interferon almost 10 years ago, this treatment is a walk in the park. Just makes teaching all day uncomfortable.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        sing123
        Participant

Hi Mary. I had the fatigue at first. I receive Opdivo once a month. After about month 4 it has really subsided. Hang in there! And exercise seems to help me quite a bit.

maryb-z
            Participant
              Thanks for responding. I hope I’m as lucky as you with the fatigue subsiding. Just not on my A game at work as I literally get home and nap. No energy to do much of anything. I managed walking this weekend. I was an avid gym goer. Hope to push myself to 3 times a week.
            dessie
            Participant

Hey  Mary,

I also developed tingling in one or both hands intermittently.  I underwent an MRI of my cervical spine and was found that I had some inflammation at the area, which in turn can cause the tingling sensation.  I now take Naproxen as needed and will undergo my 6 month PET scan next Friday.  

Not sure if your tingling is being caused by inflammation of your cervical spine area or not but may be worth looking at.  Oh and the fatigue…. always…

Best of luck.. my opdivo ends in March and been getting 240 mg every 2 weeks.

Let us know what the doc finds…

Dessie

maryb-z
                Participant
                  Thanks Dessie. I’ll be sure to mention this at my next appointment. Sitting or laying makes tingling worse so something could be pinched. So tired of scans and appointments.
                neilarama2017
                Participant

Hi I finished my opdivo 2 months ago and had this with my hands while sleeping it would cause me to wake up.  Never really thought it had to do with the nivo but has definately stopped a few months back.  This used to happen to me 20 years ago and I wore a brace to help from sleeping on the hand.  Makes sense that had it had to do with the med since it has subsided.   Hang in there, its annoying but small side effect in the big picture of it all.  

bethy62
                  Participant
                    Mary wanted to let you know you just made me smile in relief. I too did a year of Interferon. It was in 2010. I will be starting Opdivo in the next two weeks and reading your comparison, one who has done both, has boosted my spirts thinking about the coming year!
                    bethy62
                    Participant
                      Have you asked your doctor about pain relivers specifically for nerve pain such as Lyrica or Gabapentin?
                  Viewing 4 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics