The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

On the downside

Forums General Melanoma Community On the downside

Participant

Hi all:

Just wanted to say that I just finished my 17th out of 26 Opdivo treatment for stage 3 Melanoma. 

I am now on a count down in single digits.   I should be finished March 21, 2019.

I have experienced a hand full of symptoms and some have even come and gone. what has stayed the whole time is Fatigue, itching and bone and muscle ache/pain.   

Most of the things I take to counteract these symptions have been little to not help so I just keep trudging on.  No Worries.    I just hope things will turn normal once treatment is over.

As always I really enjoy all the post and feedback, lets me know that we are not alone.

Have a great day

Robbie (RACO)

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Right on RACO! Hang in there brother and keep bringing the fight to the enemy!

lkb
          Participant

Hi Robbie, congrats for passing the halfway point! A milestone? We'll take it. 

dessie
            Participant

Hey Raco,

yeah im about 2 weeks or so ahead of you if I recall.  Same type of symptoms for sure.  Get my PET scan Dec 7.  My monocytes have suddnely dropped where as they had always been in the 10 – 12 range which is slightly above normal . I asked doc about the chronic elevation  and he said it was a good sign that your T cells were armed and doing their thing…. my concern is that the sudden drop of monocytes for the first time since starting opdivo.

Anyone else have any changes in their white cells like this or am I just worried over nothing?

Raco, you and me have been neck and neck thru this journey ,, but have never discussed the labs in the past.  I may be worried over nothing… Let's keep fighting the fight and can hardly wait for Spring to come!!

all my best

Dessie 

Raco
                Participant

Hi Dessie:  my Monocyte, percent (MO %) have been stable  all have been running as low as 9.0% to as high as 11.5%  only two times has it been OVER 12. in my 18 treatments. one was 12.50% and the other 13.00%

as far as my PET Scans, two so far.

1st one was 3/3/2018 stating Only a small amount of longated hypodense lesion in left flank subcutaneous region could be postop seroma ( from the Removal of Tumor and LN.

2nd scan was on 9/26/2018 stating The study overall is stable in appearance. No definitive malignant FDG uptake is demonstrated. Stable most likely benign lymph nodes are again seen within the chest and abdomen.

So as far as My Dr was concerned, all is going as expected. ( i Pray he is correct)

All of my other labs have been consistant through out my treatments, Nothing stands Out except my red blood cells, they are running a little Low just under the normal range of 4.5 || 6   mine run about 3.88 to 3.92. Nothing any lower or higher. ( border line ? ) 

( keep my fingures crossed)  

I am kinda anxious about what to expect after I take my last Opdivo treatment March 21, 2019. What then. 

I am happy you are doing well.

Always keep positive and you will stay Strong.

I continue get scared and anxious about how I am doing with these treatments and the final outcome. As I may have told you, I have two Special Needs Girls 20 and 24, my wife stays at home with them and I am the only bread winner. I continue to pray that I stay healthy enough to keep working and keep my attitude in check.  i try to put our of my mind all the "what ifs"   The fatugue and Pains are real and I have to use Mind over Matter to get through each day.   I try to say no pain no gain but really I hate that statement.

Fight Fight Fight, is all we can do Dessie, Take care and I have you and all who suffer with Cancer in my Prayers everyday.

Take care

Raco  Robbie Borum

http://www.twochargekids.com

MelanomaMike
                Participant

Mr Raco! whats up brother? i havnt been here at MRF like i usualy am, im feeling a bit better now, alot has gone on lol.. thats awesome your coming along pretty much on schedule, ya know, with your fatigue & stuff like that, just tell yourself what i tell myself, "Pro"s & Con"s "Pro"s & Con"s…hhah..Let me ask, and you may have told us already, i imagine youve had a couple Scans by now, what where their findings?…let me {us} know!..take care bro..

Raco
                    Participant

Hi Mke,  Glad your feeling better now, See my above post to Dessie, it will tell you a little about my Scans ETC.

Also, I was losing my hair in  the back so much I have now  shaved it.  NOTE: bad time of year as I get really cold without my hair. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics