The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

OMG! I’m NED!!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community OMG! I’m NED!!!!!

Participant

Went today to get my stitches out from the crainectomy along with the pathology and suggestions.

Found out that the pathology said that the tumor was already 70% gone before the surgery!!!!  The issue was all edema.  While originally it was to be more radiation ect they have decided that the tumor bed is gone.  They have started weaning the steroids tonight and am now at 3mgs. Will take about 3 weeks with hopefully no issues.

Went today to get my stitches out from the crainectomy along with the pathology and suggestions.

Found out that the pathology said that the tumor was already 70% gone before the surgery!!!!  The issue was all edema.  While originally it was to be more radiation ect they have decided that the tumor bed is gone.  They have started weaning the steroids tonight and am now at 3mgs. Will take about 3 weeks with hopefully no issues.

My body is destroyed and will take quite a while to get back strength. I have both an occupational therapist and a physical therapist. I know it will take time but how excited I am with their news!   My next appointment with the nuerosurgeon in 3 weeks, as of today he felt that I had no nuerological damage.  Last Pet was Jan 3rd and at that time was NED. 

The next few weeks I will be working so hard to get my strength back.

I think we flew home from Charlotte instead of the car driving.  Dance with us tonight.

Linda

Originally stage 1A in 1979

Stage IV 2006 – 7 recurrances

Brain Met – Oct 2011 been dealing with steroids since then

Now Feb 15th  NED!!!!

There is hope

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Replies
        Karin L
        Participant

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you Linda!!!  *claps hands and jumps around*

Karin

Karin L
          Participant

Karin

Karin L
            Participant

Karin

vivian
              Participant

Oh my gosh, this is the best news I have read in a long time!  Yay, Linda!!!  I wish I could give you a real hug, but meantime, please know that virtual hugs and cheers are coming to you from Delaware.  You continue to give all of us hope and happiness.

Lear

vivian
                Participant

Oh my gosh, this is the best news I have read in a long time!  Yay, Linda!!!  I wish I could give you a real hug, but meantime, please know that virtual hugs and cheers are coming to you from Delaware.  You continue to give all of us hope and happiness.

Lear

vivian
                  Participant

Lear

CLPrice31
                    Participant

What wonderful news! Now you can focus on healing. Best wishes.

CLPrice31
                      Participant

CLPrice31
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Great News.We all share in your happiness and joy.Always super to get positve stoies on this site.All the best from now on.God bless.

aldakota22
                            Participant

Great News.We all share in your happiness and joy.Always super to get positve stoies on this site.All the best from now on.God bless.

aldakota22
                              Participant

shellebrownies
                                Participant

Linda,

Just had to pop in and celebrate with you! So glad to hear you got good news! So glad you got your miracle and I will continue to pray for lots more for you….or better yet, that you won't need any more miracles!

Lots of love,

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                  Participant

Linda,

Just had to pop in and celebrate with you! So glad to hear you got good news! So glad you got your miracle and I will continue to pray for lots more for you….or better yet, that you won't need any more miracles!

Lots of love,

Michelle, wife of Don

yoopergirl
                                      Participant

That is such wonderful news gives all such hope here. 

yoopergirl
                                        Participant

yoopergirl
                                          Participant

shellebrownies
                                          Participant

Linda,

Lots of love,

Michelle, wife of Don

washoegal
                                            Participant

What wonderful news! 

washoegal
                                              Participant

What wonderful news! 

washoegal
                                                Participant

What wonderful news! 

hope4cure1
                                                  Participant

You made me choke on Valentines candy!!!!  Way to go, Linda!!!  That is just the best news ever.

I think a bunch of people are dancing with you tonight 🙂

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                    Participant

You made me choke on Valentines candy!!!!  Way to go, Linda!!!  That is just the best news ever.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                      Participant

Hope

natasha
                                                        Participant

CONGRADULATIONS !!!!

I am waiting for my tests done and hoping to be Ned aswell!!!

natasha
                                                          Participant

CONGRADULATIONS !!!!

natasha
                                                            Participant

CONGRADULATIONS !!!!

triciad
                                                              Participant

Linda,

The best Valentine I have ever received!  I pray that your body gets stronger, and with that physical strength, you can enjoy all that life has to offer.  We already know you have the emotional and pyschological strength!  You are quite a fighter…General Linda!  Keep the momentum going, and here's to many more decades of NED!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                Participant

Linda,

The best Valentine I have ever received!  I pray that your body gets stronger, and with that physical strength, you can enjoy all that life has to offer.  We already know you have the emotional and pyschological strength!  You are quite a fighter…General Linda!  Keep the momentum going, and here's to many more decades of NED!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                  Participant

Linda,

Tricia

MeNDave
                                                                    Participant

Way to go Linda!!  We're smiling with you!  Woohoo!

MeNDave
                                                                      Participant

MeNDave
                                                                        Participant

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                          Participant

Linda,

Your such a great inspiration to others. Your post is wonderful news, so happy for you. Praying for you that this is it, no more dealing with melanoma.  We go in next week and seeing your positive news makes it a lot easier.

Celebrate!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                            Participant

Linda,

Your such a great inspiration to others. Your post is wonderful news, so happy for you. Praying for you that this is it, no more dealing with melanoma.  We go in next week and seeing your positive news makes it a lot easier.

Celebrate!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                              Participant

Linda,

Celebrate!

Rebecca

Fen
                                                                                Participant

Best news ever!  I'm thrilled and so happy for you. Celebrate every day.

Fen
                                                                                  Participant

Fen
                                                                                    Participant

justlittleoleme
                                                                                      Participant

What fantastic news Linda!!!!

Here's hoping for a lifetime NED!!!!

justlittleoleme
                                                                                        Participant

justlittleoleme
                                                                                          Participant

Richard_K
                                                                                            Participant

Linda

What can I say? Way to go. Congratulations.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                              Participant

Linda

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                Participant

Linda

Dick

scots
                                                                                                  Participant

Great news.     NED     

scot

scots
                                                                                                    Participant

Great news.     NED     

scot

scots
                                                                                                      Participant

Great news.     NED     

scot

Gene_S
                                                                                                        Participant

Wow Linda that is terrific news.  Congratulations and here is hoping for many years of NED.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                                                                          Participant

Wow Linda that is terrific news.  Congratulations and here is hoping for many years of NED.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                                                                            Participant

Judy and Gene

NYKaren
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  Linda,
                                                                                                                  That’s fantastic news. I’m SO happy for you!
                                                                                                                  Big hugs,
                                                                                                                  karen
                                                                                                                  NYKaren
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    Linda,
                                                                                                                    Big hugs,
                                                                                                                    karen
                                                                                                                    NYKaren
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      Linda,
                                                                                                                      Big hugs,
                                                                                                                      karen
                                                                                                                    KRob
                                                                                                                    Participant

Celebrating with you! The very best to you as you work off those steroidal effects- I, too, was on decadron 4+ mos and thought I would never get back, but I did as you will too!

KRob
                                                                                                                      Participant

Celebrating with you! The very best to you as you work off those steroidal effects- I, too, was on decadron 4+ mos and thought I would never get back, but I did as you will too!

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                          Participant

Yahooo! you go girl!

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                            Participant

Yahooo! you go girl!

boots

boot2aboot
                                                                                                                              Participant

Yahooo! you go girl!

boots

KRob
                                                                                                                              Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                Participant

Linda, this is truly excellent news!! You give hope and inspiration to so many people!

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Linda, this is truly excellent news!! You give hope and inspiration to so many people!

Take care

Frank from Australia

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Linda,

I am so super happy for you!!! What wonderful welcoming news!!!!! You have done so well and we appreciate your updates and I am sure what treatments you have done will help and inspire others. NEVER give up!!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED ( we are finally NED together!)

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Linda,

I am so super happy for you!!! What wonderful welcoming news!!!!! You have done so well and we appreciate your updates and I am sure what treatments you have done will help and inspire others. NEVER give up!!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Dear Linda,

Hugs,

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

gabsound
                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                              Linda,

I’m so happy for you! Here’s hoping your recovery goes well and you will be back to your strong self soon.

Delighted for you,

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                Linda,

I’m so happy for you! Here’s hoping your recovery goes well and you will be back to your strong self soon.

Delighted for you,

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                  Linda,

Delighted for you,

Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics