The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ok this sucks

Forums General Melanoma Community ok this sucks

Participant

More spam … grrr..   btw has anyone on Opdivo find that the further you get away from your treatment, the more fatigue, itching , bowel upset and dizzy others have?  I am just about a week out of my 4th infusion but i find that the day of is iffy but not bad.. day 2-5 great but as i get closer to the next infusion (for me every other Thursday ), my side effect symptoms seem to become amplified… i am due again 1 week from tomorrow.  Just odd , but def tolerable considering the alternatives ….

Have a great day everyone

Dessie

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Hi Dessie, I cannot comment on op divot but am on keydruda I have had 12 treatments so far. At presents I am feeling more tired, aching dry skin. My bloods shown I am b12 very low and hemaglobia slowly going down. I just spent yesterday in hospital due to was in Friday with pains in stomach. X-ray showed bunged up in Bowles despite I go every morning so on meds for that.

our bodies are going through lots when on treatment and also if have stopped treatment its trying to balance it all out. I know it's hard at times, speak to your cancer nurse about any support or what you can take or do to help you through treatment.

I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon Hun.

Scooby❤️

ed williams
          Participant

Hi Dessie, if you ask 100 melanoma patients on Nivo you will probably get 100 different experiences with a few similiar side effects being shared. With that being said, fatigue has been my friend during this journey almost from day one after my first treatment. I have tried to do different things to try to lessen the feeling but nothing has changed this particular side effect, so I just go with it and keep the big picture front and center, this juice that I keep putting into my veins is keeping me alive. Best Wishes!!!Ed

marta010
            Participant

HI Dessie – my husband works with a palliative care doctor to address some of the long term side effects he has from treatment and was prescribed Ritalin to combat the fatigue.  It's a low dose but really seems to help combat the fatigue. Might be worth a try.

Ann

ed williams
                Participant

Just to add a little something to what Ann gave you about Ritalin, I had heard of others using it to help with the fatigue from this forum but when my oncologist did her research on it's use, she noted an increased risk of brain bleeds for those who have had radiation treatment to brain, and having had SRS treatment I decided not to take the risk. So, if you haven't had brain tumors then Ritalin would be a great option to discus with your oncologist.

Raco
                Participant

Hi Dessie:

So overall how was your 4th treatment?  

Mine made me feel VERY FATIGUED,  Day of treatment, I ended up sleeping 17 hrs. Than later that day, another 5.5  hrs.  ZZZZZZZZZZ

Anyway, I wanted to address your itching, I also had alot of that but I remembered a med my family Dr. gave me for Allergy signs several months ago.      Cetirizine 10 Mg  one time a day.  and this has helped with the itching ALOT.

I have, Knock on wood not had any dizzy spells 

My Dr has said more than once, I am only 1 in 100 and we can all have different symptons. 

But from what I am hearing the most common is Fatigue.

Take care 

Robbie

dessie
                    Participant

Thanks to everyone who responded… Everyday is an adventure for sure.. I'm not sure if I want to add more meds to my plate referring to Ritalin, but I now know it may be an option if it gets where I am unable to function (still working fulltime).  The antihistamine is definitely a thought and one I had briefly entertained but thought it wouldnt work for some reason…duh… need to rethink this…

Anyway, onward.. GI consult Monday as I tested positive with my Cologuard so more than likely will undergo a colonosocpy (ugh)

Take care all… and lets keep these battles going!!

Dessie

Susanlee528
                      Participant

Hi Dessie, I’m on the exact same schedule as you, 5th treatment tomorrow, every other Thursday and I have the same issue. About a week or so after I get hit HARD. Dizziness and vision issues have been the hardest to deal with. Fatigue is bad, but I am on Ritalin also, and it’s a life saver. I would definitely try an antihistamine, though many make fatigue worse. Good luck! I always look for your posts since we are on the same treatment path. And good luck with the colonoscopy! I’ll be praying for good news!

Raco
                      Participant

Hi Dessie, how you got good news from your test.   I had my third treatment yesterday, the 30 min went by fast.  No real side affects this time, to a 1.5 hr nap when I got home but had a fairly good nights rest and up at 5am this morning to start my day.  Been a little tired but nothing major like my second treeatment.

Dr wants to get a chest xray next week since I am having a little shortness in breath. ( hope its all the DARN Pollen.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Raco  Robbie

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics