The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Off the Juice

Forums General Melanoma Community Off the Juice

Participant

My Dr.(Rock Star Doc) and myself decided to stop Keytruda treatments today. I have been on since Jan. 2016. and have been NED. since July. We will have close follow ups and scans in Jan. I know there are some NED folks that are wondering when to say when in ending treatments. Well,I just jumped ship  and will keep you all posted on my journey post treatment! 

Best, Paul

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant
          Congrats, Paul! Wishing you a forever status of NED!

Lauren

WithinMySkin
          Participant

Lauren

WithinMySkin
            Participant

Lauren

SOLE
                Participant

My sincere congrats! Keep those good stories coming!

Does this make you a complete responder? Sorry I am not familiar with how this is decided…

Casitas1
                  Participant

Thank you, Sole. Yes a Complete Response(CR),No evidence of disease(NED) or as my Dr. calls it Complete Remission are all terms that are used.

Best, Paul

Casitas1
                    Participant

Thank you, Sole. Yes a Complete Response(CR),No evidence of disease(NED) or as my Dr. calls it Complete Remission are all terms that are used.

Best, Paul

Casitas1
                      Participant

Best, Paul

SOLE
                        Participant

Does this make you a complete responder? Sorry I am not familiar with how this is decided…

SOLE
                          Participant

snow white
                          Participant

WOW! Thats fantastic.  Congrats to you!

snow white
                            Participant

snow white
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

That's great, Paul. More and more folks are making that choice and doing well! Enjoy! C

Bubbles
                                  Participant

That's great, Paul. More and more folks are making that choice and doing well! Enjoy! C

Bubbles
                                    Participant

cancersnewnormal
                                      Participant

Congrats Paul! I applaud you for having the gusto to "jump ship" as soon as you felt comfortable in doing so. Looking forward to reading more NED posts! My joints and pancreatitis somewhat forced me to "walk the plank" in July… about 4 months earlier than planned. However, NED status has been in play for quite sometime, and 20 months on Pembro seemed about 2 months too long for me. Here's to many more years of clean scans! **high five**

cancersnewnormal
                                        Participant

Congrats Paul! I applaud you for having the gusto to "jump ship" as soon as you felt comfortable in doing so. Looking forward to reading more NED posts! My joints and pancreatitis somewhat forced me to "walk the plank" in July… about 4 months earlier than planned. However, NED status has been in play for quite sometime, and 20 months on Pembro seemed about 2 months too long for me. Here's to many more years of clean scans! **high five**

cancersnewnormal
                                          Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                            Participant

Oh excellent, Paul.  How long were you on Pembro?

Happy dancing with you!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                              Participant

Happy dancing with you!

Julie

Casitas1
                                                  Participant

Thank you, Julie. I was on Pembro for 10 months or 13 bags.

The dancing will be a struggle until my limbs(joints) cooperate. But, given time and a short stint on steroids my two left feet will come around!

Best, Paul

Casitas1
                                                    Participant

The dancing will be a struggle until my limbs(joints) cooperate. But, given time and a short stint on steroids my two left feet will come around!

Best, Paul

Julie in SoCal
                                                      Participant

I hear ya Paul on the joints! Never said it would be a pretty dance though ☺️.  Still all in all this is pretty happy!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                                        Participant

I hear ya Paul on the joints! Never said it would be a pretty dance though ☺️.  Still all in all this is pretty happy!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                                          Participant

Julie

Casitas1
                                                            Participant

Best, Paul

Julie in SoCal
                                                            Participant

Happy dancing with you!

Julie

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics