The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New game plan

Forums General Melanoma Community New game plan

Participant
      Hello all. Thank you very much for the advice earlier on my braun tumor. I am about 20 days out and feeling much better. I finished the brain radiation and weaning off of steroids. PET and MRI look good so for now we will continue on.
      I am getting better everyday wirh my stroke. It’s a conscious decision to pay attention to the right side even tho I can’t feel it. I have great OT and PT making me stronger everyday.
      I will be starting a clinical trial with Temodar starting next Monday. Now if we can just keep the brain clean we will be good. I’m feeling positive and hoping to get back to kicking cancers ass.
      Thank you all for the thoughts.

Kellie(from Iowa) fighting my way back from a stroke. I will beat this. I will. Cancer can kiss my ass

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Kellie Sue,

You will beat this!   Glad your feeling better and have such a great attitude.  I've been on steroids for 8 weeks. The steroids have really beat my body up but will hopefully be off soon.  

Next year will look back at this as just one more major complaint and moving on.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Kellie Sue,

You will beat this!   Glad your feeling better and have such a great attitude.  I've been on steroids for 8 weeks. The steroids have really beat my body up but will hopefully be off soon.  

Next year will look back at this as just one more major complaint and moving on.

Linda

lhaley
            Participant

Kellie Sue,

Linda

KatyWI
              Participant

Kellie,

which temodar trial?  I am very close to choosing one myself.  I am leaning towards Tufts' high dose trial.  (Sorry I don't have the # with me right now….)

KatyWI

KatyWI
                Participant

Kellie,

which temodar trial?  I am very close to choosing one myself.  I am leaning towards Tufts' high dose trial.  (Sorry I don't have the # with me right now….)

KatyWI

KatyWI
                  Participant

Kellie,

KatyWI

shellebrownies
                    Participant

Kellie Sue,

You have a great attitude. I hope the new trial goes well for you. Wishing you great strength and perseverence in your fight!

Michelle

shellebrownies
                      Participant

Kellie Sue,

You have a great attitude. I hope the new trial goes well for you. Wishing you great strength and perseverence in your fight!

Michelle

shellebrownies
                        Participant

Kellie Sue,

Michelle

jag
                          Participant
                            Yes Kellie, you will beat this. Very sorry to hear that you have had a setback. Keep on fighting and never quit.
                            jag
                            Participant
                              Yes Kellie, you will beat this. Very sorry to hear that you have had a setback. Keep on fighting and never quit.
                              jag
                              Participant
                                BrianP
                                Participant

Kellie,

Your attitude and fight is inspirational.  Keep fighting.  I'll be adding you to my prayer list.

Brian

BrianP
                                  Participant

Kellie,

Your attitude and fight is inspirational.  Keep fighting.  I'll be adding you to my prayer list.

Brian

BrianP
                                    Participant

Kellie,

Brian

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics